Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

boo

Friday came, and to Aurora, nothing happened throughout the week.

She went along with her classes, acting as though she had nothing to hide, even though every time she made eye contact with Tom, she would look away and act as though nothing happened.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was the hardest class to avoid Tom in. Even though they sat next to each other, Aurora tried to sit as far away as she could. He made no indication that he knew something.

"Are you going to come to the feast?" Isadora asked, when the final bell had rung, to indicate that classes were over.

Aurora nodded her head. "I'll be down in a second. I just want to put my stuff away in my dormitory."

"Okay." Isadora smiled. "Hey, listen--I'm sorry for kind of ignoring you..." She lowered her voice. "I don't even know why that happened..."

She smiled. Finally, she thought. It was about time Isadora tried to communicate with her again. Aurora, though, almost forgot she existed what with James and Remington.

"It's alright. As long as I didn't do something to make you--" Aurora started, unable to keep the grin off her face.

Isadora shook her head. "Oh no, of course not. I think it took a while for my friends to accept you. You can sit with us tonight."

She furrowed her eyes. "Is there something wrong with me?"

Isadora's eyes widened and she shook her head vigorously. "Oh no! It's just that Silas and Silver both have trust issues. It took them a long time to accept me as their friend."

"Oh." She smiled. "Okay. I'll see you tonight then, yeah?"

Aurora had a smile on her face all the way down to the dungeons, to the Slytherin common room.

When she reached her dorm, Aurora was completely alone. Everyone must have went straight to the feast.

She put her stuff on her bed and went down the stairs, but immediately stopping because she heard voices...but they were inaudible. She stayed pressed against the wall on the staircase until she couldn't hear the voices anymore.

She tip toed down the stairs, looking around to see if anyone was there.

"Hello, Rose." Aurora almost went into cardiac arrest and she spun around, to see Tom Riddle leaning against the boys' staircase, a smirk on his face.

"Uh--hello." She said, her voice shaking.

"Aren't you going down to the feast?" Tom asked.

Aurora nodded her head. "I was just going down there."

"I think you should take this with you, Aurora." He said, as she started to walk away, but she instantly stopped, knowing exactly what Tom had in his hand.

He had his arm outstretched with her blue crystal necklace dangling. She looked from him to it and then back at him, expecting him to do something.

But Tom didn't do anything but nod his head for her to take the necklace. He knew that she overheard him talk...why didn't he threaten her to keep silent or something?

"Take it, Aurora." Tom was getting impatient.

She quietly took it but when she turned around, she felt that sudden feeling of wanting to know more. Her stupidity got the best of her and she said,

"What are you planning?"

Tom's face didn't change. He only shrugged and said, "I don't know what you are talking about, Aurora."

"Don't play stupid Tom. You know I heard you." Aurora said, sternly. "You're planning to do something--what is it?"

Tom rolled his eyes. "I am not planning anything, Aurora. You happened to walk in on a prank the boys and I wanted to do."

"Then why can't Avery, Lestrange and Nott 'screw it up?'" She distorted her voice an octave lower, as though it sounded like Riddle.

Tom's face changed only slightly. But he recovered just after that spilt second and he smirked, "You think too much. Go to the feast, Rose."

Aurora stayed rooted to the spot. "You're lying to me."

He shook his head. "I am not, Aurora. Do I have to escort you?"

"No!" She exclaimed, louder than necessary. Tom raised an eyebrow, but Aurora huffed and she turned around, leaving the common room and into the halls of the castle.

Her frustration with Tom Riddle kept on building and building even as she entered the Great Hall; the feast had already started. A smile appeared on her face and she looked around at her fellow students.

"Aurora!" She heard from the Gryffindor table. She turned around and waved at Remington, who waved vigorously at him. He raised his goblet to her and laughed, causing her to laugh with him.

"Aurora! Over here!" Isadora exclaimed, waving her down beside her friends. She sat down next to them and greeted the two familiar students.

"I'm Silas." The red headed boy smiled and held his hand out for her to shake. "This is my sister, Silver." A dark haired girl shyly smiled at her and Aurora said hi to them back.

The three of them continued their conversation, including Aurora this time, about some group of Hufflepuff girls' that fell into the lake earlier that day, during their free period.

Silas and Silver Gavazzi were nice people. Silas was very talkative and Silver was very quiet. But when she spoke, it was very meaningful and her voice was high. Aurora turned out to like them, even though Gavazzi's were known for their love for the Dark Arts (according to her father).

Aurora laughed at the stories, but something kept nagging at the back of her mind.

She reached over to grab a roll, and her hand hit someone and she looked up and saw Avery, who smirked at her. He retreated back, his eyes on her, and when Aurora finally turned away, she shook the thought of Tom Riddle our of her mind.

"Hello, love." Aurora jumped and turned around. James plopped down next to her, biting into an apple.

"Hi, James." She smiled. She was about to say say something when his gaze was not on her, but to someone behind her.

Aurora glanced behind her and she suddenly grinned slyly. James reverted his eyes back and said, "What?"

"You like Silver." She whispered, so that only he could hear. James rolled his eyes and said, "No, I don't."

Aurora raised an eyebrow and exclaimed, "Liar! I just saw you look at her!"

He cleared his throat and pulled Aurora away; Isadora glanced at them but turned away once Silas caught her attention again.

"I can't be with Silver because of her family, alright?" James whispered. "They are apparently obsessed with the Dark Arts, and well--my family is completely against it."

"You could be star-crossed lovers." Aurora wiggled her eyebrows, but laughed when James rolled his eyes.

"I forgot the reason why I came over here..." James said, after their conversation about Silver ended.

"Oh, I thought you actually wanted to see me." Aurora joked. He rolled his eyes and playfully shoved her before he exclaimed, "Oh! Yes, I remember. I think I must have put some of my Filibuster's Fireworks into your bag on accident, from Hogsmeade weekend."

"Oh yes!" Aurora exclaimed, jumping up. "I put them in my trunk so that nobody would steal them. I forgot about them..." She stood up and smiled at James. "I'll go get them right now."

James smiled at her and walked with her until she reached the Great Hall doors, when they parted and she went towards the dungeons of the the castle.

Aurora stopped immediately upon hearing a blood curdling scream.

"What the--" She whispered, spinning around.

She listened again; it had come from upstairs.

Instead of going to the Slytherin common room, Aurora ran up the moving staircase towards the sound of where she had heard the scream, but trying to place it again was hard.

She ran around near the Gryffindor tower (she had a feeling that Tom may have been involved), but when she heard thumping towards the bathrooms, she ran towards it.

Aurora squinted, edging nearer towards the bathrooms, and she gasped when she saw a figure on the floor.

"Oh, my God!" She exclaimed, running towards the body. She leaned down and turned her over and gasped--it was Madelyn.

Tears started to fall from her eyes as she held Madelyn, stone cold with a blank look in her eyes. Was she dead?

"AURORA!" A male voice screamed. Aurora looked and saw Tom running towards her, from the girls' bathroom.

"Tom--" She started, but Tom reached her and pulled her up and covered her eyes and started hissing.

Aurora went frigid when she heard something hiss back at him; Tom kept his hand over her eyes and the other around her waist, keeping her body pressed against his.

When he finally let go, Aurora broke free and spun around, panting.

"Did you--? What was--? How did--?" She couldn't speak right because her mind was completely jumbled. Tom was staring down at Madelyn's body and he looked at Aurora.

"I'll take you back to--" He muttered, but Aurora jerked away from him and she screamed, "NO! We have to tell Dippet or Dumbledore or someone. MY ROOMMATE IS DEAD!"

Tom shook his head. "No, she isn't, Aurora."

"What is--" She started but Tom suddenly pushed her against the wall, catching her completely off guard.

"What are you do--" Aurora exclaimed, but she was cut off because Tom's lips suddenly crashed onto hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
My AP test is on Friday, and I AM GONNA RIP MY HAIR OUT.
But, in the meantime, I took a break and decided to write this :)
Sorry, it's kind of poorly written.

wonderful commenters: whilethefirewasout, KaulanaRose, skyerocket. (times two), annamoonstone, PirateWolf17 (times two, lol)