Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

liar, liar

It was such a strange feeling to kiss Tom. Aurora had no idea what to do, it was just a tingling feeling going through her entire body--and she liked it.

But it was Tom Riddle she was kissing; why on the bloody earth were they kissing?

Aurora pushed Tom away and stared up at him, pure shock etched on her face. Tom stared down at her with a similar expression and he backed away.

The two of them heard footsteps, hundreds of them, and Tom quickly said, "Aurora--go into the bathroom now."

She did as she was told and she stood inside the bathroom when she heard almost her entire school gasp when they saw Madelyn on the ground.

"What happened--?!"

"MADELYN! IS SHE DEAD?!"

"WHO DID THIS?!"

"Someone get Headmaster Dippet!"

"Stand aside!" Dippet's voice rang.

Aurora took that opportunity to sneak out of the bathroom. She quietly opened the door and slipped outside to join her classmates in the very very back of the crowd. Nobody seemed to have noticed her come out of the bathroom, so she stayed quiet.

"She's Petrified, Armando." Dumbledore's voice said. "We must get her to the hospital wing."

Dippet nodded his head in agreement and with a flick of his wand, a stretcher appeared and Madelyn was hoisted onto it.

"Make way!" Professor Longhorn exclaimed. "Get back to your dormitories now. Heads will be in shortly to tell you the news."

"Miss Jenkins!" Dumbledore called as the students started to disperse. Aurora froze and her heart suddenly started to beat very fast. She turned around and Dumbledore walked past her and said, "Follow me."

Aurora looked around and saw Remington stare at her with a confused look on her face but she shrugged her shoulders, to show she didn't know what he wanted.

She passed Riddle, who was hidden behind statues, and he stared at her, with a blank expression on his face--but she knew that he was just as afraid as she was.

When they got inside Dumbledore's office, he said, "Please, sit."

Aurora slowly sat down in front of his desk, while Dumbledore sat on the opposite side. He looked up at her, a distressed expression on his face, but his blue eyes never failed to twinkle.

He almost started to speak when Aurora suddenly yelled, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING."

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow and he said, "I was never going to accuse you of that, Miss Jenkins." He smiled and continued, "I just wanted to know if you heard or saw anything. I saw you leave the Great Hall right before it happened."

Aurora nodded her head. She had to chose her words carefully.

"James wanted me to get his Filibuster Fireworks because he accidentally mixed his stuff up with mine, after we came back from Hogsmeade last week." She paused; Dumbledore listened intently. "So I went to go get it when I suddenly heard someone scream from upstairs. So, I went up there and tried to listen for any sounds but I didn't. I managed to find Madelyn on the ground and I thought she was dead. I went into the bathroom because I didn't want anyone to think I had done it..." She finished.

Aurora sighed, feeling incredibly guilty for lying.

"Nobody was there? Just Miss Ahmed?" Dumbledore inquired. Aurora nodded her head and said, "I just saw her."

"Miss Ahmed must have seen the whatever Petrified her or else she wouldn't have screamed..." He said, quietly, to himself.

"Miss Jenkins, I must ask..." Dumbledore started. "Why would anyone think it would be you who Petrified Miss Ahmed?"

Aurora shrugged her shoulders. "People associate me with the Dark Magic of Durmstrang. I'm not that popular here, Professor."

Dumbledore smiled and said, "Thank you, Miss Jenkins. This helped Madelyn's case more than any other lead we could possibly have. You may go."

Aurora stood up and breathed a huge sigh of relief when she exited Dumbledore's office. She started to walk down towards the dungeons when suddenly, beside a statue near his office, she was yanked into it.

A hand covered her mouth as she started to scream but when she saw Tom, she relaxed.

"What did he want?" He asked, still holding her.

Aurora shook her head. "I didn't rat you out, if thats what you're asking." She pulled away from him and stood up.

Tom stood up also and said, "I'm sorry."

"No you aren't." Aurora shook her head, whether he was apologizing for the kiss or for Madelyn, she didn't know.

Tom looked down and crossed his arms.

"What did you do to her?" She whispered.

He shook his head. "I can't tell you, Aurora."

"Why not?" She asked, an incredulous look on her face.

Tom shook his head again. "I just can't, Aurora. Not right now, at least."

"Tom! I lied for you." She exclaimed. "I have the very right to know what the bloody hell happened to my roommate."

"Aurora." Tom said, sternly. "I can't tell you right now." Anger flashed in his eyes and Aurora flinched slightly.

She turned on her heel and quietly went down to the dungeons and entered the Slytherin common room, where everybody was crowded in.

Nobody looked at her when she walked in. They were listening intently to Slughorn, who was in the heart of the common room, and was speaking to everybody.

"Madelyn Ahmed is currently in the hospital wing. She is not dead," Slughorn shook his head. "She is just Petrified. We are growing the mandrakes as we speak which partakes in the cure. She will be fine."

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

"However," Slughorn said, loudly. "Everyone must be very cautious. The rules of Hogwarts are being more enforced: absolutely no tolerating sneaking out after curfew, alright?"

Slughorn nodded his head and left the common room, leaving everybody to go back into their rooms and go to sleep.

Aurora felt a heavy heart in her chest. She knew Tom Riddle did something to Madelyn, and she needed to find out what it was.

When Tom walked in quietly, nobody but Aurora saw him. He held a defiant look on his face and when he glanced at Aurora, she couldn't help but notice the small smirk.

It angered her.

Aurora was going to stop Tom, no matter what happened to her. Nobody else was going to get Petrified.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
awesome banner by skyerocket. :)

i love these people: annamoonstone, skyerocket., Silent Mockingbird, whilethefirewasout, DearSunshine;, hello choco., stitch the snitch., perfectionist326, Life of the Party;, PirateWolf17, KaulanaRose, DataBox, tokyotree :)