Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

letters from home

The kiss.

All Aurora could think about was kissing Tom Riddle. How it felt, how it was unexpected...

Yet, whenever the kiss came up in her mind--so did Madelyn and how Aurora knew what happened to her, yet no one else (expect Tom Riddle) did.

Over the next week, rumors about Madelyn Ahmed flew around the castle. Some were about how Peeves the Poltergeist was at fault, or that some student at Hogwarts was at fault--or even just how she was faking it so that James Hastings would come rescue her.

Nobody believed the last one.

Aurora felt guilt ridden the entire time. In her classes, her classmates would always manage to bring up Madelyn and Aurora felt sick to her stomach every time.

However, when it came to Defense Against the Dark Arts, Remington would always come over and ask about how her roommates were doing. Aurora always replied with, "They've been better."

Tom Riddle listened to their conversation--Aurora thought that was an obvious fact. Yet instead of feeling sick whenever someone else joined their conversation about Madelyn, Aurora felt angry. Riddle should confess to his horrible deed.

Tom, though, never showed a single flinch whenever Aurora made it obvious how much she hated him for it. She would say things like, "I hope whoever did this gets expelled--no, sent to Azkaban."

Remington raised an eyebrow but shook it off. He agreed, eventually.

On the Thursday after Madelyn's accident, Aurora walked to the Great Hall with Annabelle for breakfast.

"Hey, Annabelle," Aurora said, suddenly. It was the first time she would speak to her, since the only thing the two of them ever did was walk to class together. "I know you were so close with Madelyn--I'm sorry."

Annabelle smiled and shrugged. "At least she isn't dead," and she parted ways with Aurora and sat down next to Georgia (who looked very sad) and Beatrice.

Aurora sat down by herself, seeing that Isadora had not come in yet.

The owl post seemed to have come that day because suddenly, a large flock of owls of many sizes and colors all swarmed the Great Hall. Aurora didn't pay attention because it happened more frequently at Durmstrang (since the school was so far away from the students' homes).

A tiny snowy white owl landed in front of Aurora, making her jump.

"Aw," She cooed at the the miniscule size of the owl and untied the letter from his leg. It said 'Aurora' in big cursive letters on the front, and at the bottom it said, 'From Mum.'

"Hi!" Isadora exclaimed, sitting down next to her. "Oh good, the owl post. I have been meaning to receive a letter from my mum..."

Aurora smiled and tore open her letter and unfolded two pieces of parchment. She started to read the first letter--the letter from her mother, first:

Aurora,

I do hope you are alright. You have not written a single letter to me or your father, and especially since we have heard about that poor Madelyn Ahmed, we are starting to get a little worried.

For now, I will assume you are alright and that you are just having too much fun at your new school to even remember writing to us.

Did you make any new friends? How are your classes? How was Hogsmeade? What's your favorite subject?

You know, your old headmaster at Durmstrang wrote to us saying how much he wanted you back. He said that nobody was at the top of the class anymore. Your father replied back and said that you were happy at Hogwarts--I do hope that is a true statement.

Your Aunt Elizabeth, as you know, has recovered fantastically from St. Mungo's and she's now staying with us. Little Samuel is also here (he wrote you a letter too!) and he's been dying to ask you how Hogwarts is like.

I'm afraid thats all I have to say about home life other than your father is also doing better since the werewolf incident in Glasgow.

Please write to us, my dear.

Love,
Mum


Aurora couldn't contain her grin after finishing her mother's letter. Her heart felt warm from greetings from her family.

Someone sat down next to Aurora and said, "Will you pass the toast, please?" She looked around and narrowed her eyes.

"I'm sure you can reach it alright, Tom." She snapped, stuffing her mother's letter back into the envelope. Tom ignored her and reached across her.

Aurora scooted away from him and began to read her cousin's letter to her, hoping that it would make her feel happy since Tom diminished all that her mother's letter gave to her.

Rory!

Hello! How has Hogwarts been?! I do hope you explain every single detail to me! Do the statues move, like the books say? Are there really ghosts? Is it true that the Forbidden Forest is filled with scary creatures?! Oh, Rory, you must tell me!

Please, please, please please, please!

Love,
Sammy


Aurora grinned, she already had so much to say to Sammy.

"Cute." Tom scoffed. Aurora spun around and saw that he had been reading her letter over her shoulder.

"Excuse me, but that was private!" She exclaimed.

Tom rolled his eyes and buttered his toast. "What was so private about a little boy asking you questions about Hogwarts?"

"It's still very rude to read someone's letters!"

He rolled his eyes again and took a bite out of his toast. Aurora's jaw dropped. How could he be so heartless?

"How on this bloody earth do you sleep at night?" She asked. "Don't you feel guilty about what you did?!"

Tom suddenly stiffened and he lowered his voice, "I'm sorry, but you, Aurora, have no idea what I apparently did."

"Are you--?" She started, but he cut her off. "Last I recall, your eyes were closed."

"You covered my eyes!" Aurora hissed. "And then you k--kissed me!" Her eyes averted down to his lips...

Tom kept his eyes on hers. Aurora fumed and she wanted to explode right then and there.

"I am going to do everything I can stop you, Tom." She said. "No matter what it takes."

"I'm sorry, Aurora, but you don't have what it takes--" Tom started but the bell had suddenly rang, indicating for all students to go to their first class.

He smirked and got up, taking his stuff with him and left. He glanced around for a second at Aurora, who stayed rooted to her spot.

"Are you coming?" Annabelle asked. Aurora nodded her head and stood up too, still stricken by what Tom was about to say.

She stuck by her stance. Tom Riddle was not going to hurt any more people, and Aurora will stop him.
♠ ♠ ♠
ten stars, hollaaaaaa :)
but what a way to commemorate it with a filler chapter. hehe, but I wanted to make Aurora's parents more dynamic, instead of being flat, and I kind of wanted to introduce her home life and stuff. :D

humongous thank you's to everyone, but especially to: skyerocket., whilethefirewasout, DataBox, perfectionist326, KaulanaRose, Life of the Party;, jazzy512, PirateWolf17 :)