Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

changing

Aurora slammed her plate down making Nott and Avery, who were right next to her jump. They both looked up from their food and furrowed their eyebrows, in much confusion as to why she of all people were sitting next to them. She sat down silently and picked up her fork and picked at her food, avoiding all the whispers that she was getting.

It escaped Dippet's office that Aurora had been accused doing all the attacks. James had run around his entire house and announced it, which then spread to Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. For the past week, Aurora ignored everyone. All her friends seemed a little afraid to continue talking to her. They walked off without her, they whispered behind her back, whenever she asked someone for something, they avoided her eye when they answered.

In Herbology, James would make rude outbursts towards her and his friends would laugh. Tom accidentally threw a mandrake at his head, causing his earmuffs to come off and making him faint. Aurora and most of the Slytherins around her couldn't stop laughing about it for days.

In Defense Against the Dark Arts, Remington ignored her completely. They didn't even so much as to make a single eye contact with each other. It was like they completely forgot each other had existed. Everyday, Aurora would take her seat next to Tom and they would listen to Longhorn, as if nothing happened.

When the mandrake potion was ready and the students who had been Petrified came back, as if, to life everyone hoarded them for answers--what was it that Petrified them?

Madelyn and Genevieve both explained their story in great detail:

Madelyn had been walking towards the Gryffindor common room when she saw puddles and puddles of water coming from the girls' lavatory. She went towards it, curious, and suddenly, she saw a reflection of red, gleaming eyes in the water and that was all that she had remembered.

Genevieve was in the girls' lavatory, washing her hands, when she heard a loud thump. It nearly scared her and she had run out of the bathroom, leaving the water on. She had stood by when when she looked at the leaking water, she had seen red eyes and then she was Petrified.

When word got out that Rubeus Hagrid, the third year Gryffindor, had been expelled for the attacks, the whispers and stares lightened on Aurora. Attention turned to him, especially from the Slytherins bashing on the Gryffindors. People still whispered behind her back and it irritated her very much. She still felt horrible that Hagrid was accused--she knew it was still Tom, no matter how much he tried convincing otherwise.

Aurora felt Nott's stare on her at the Slytherin table as they ate for breakfast and she turned her head, "What?"

He shook his head and turned his attention away from her and back to his food and whatever Avery was talking about. She ate silently until the bell the rang for everyone to get to their classes.

Annabelle, surprisingly, was waiting for her by the large oak doors.

"You're still waiting for me?" Aurora said, reaching the quiet girl. She shrugged her shoulders and the two of them walked together towards History of Magic.

"I thought you, along with everyone else, hated me." She said, bitterly. The fun and optimistic Aurora Jenkins seemed to have left because all she was feeling was bitterness and hate towards people. Well, anyone who sided with James Hastings. How could she have been so stupid and desperate to be friends with someone like him.

Annabelle shook her head. "I believe what you say, Aurora, not that stupid Ravenclaw."

"Isn't that a little ironic?" Aurora laughed. "A stupid Ravenclaw..."

Annabelle smiled when they entered their History of Magic class and the two of them sat down at their table and listened to Binns drone on and on. Aurora paid absolutely no attention as she looked around. The Slytherins shared History of Magic with the Hufflepuff's. None of them seemed to be enjoying the dreadful class.

Finally, the hour passed by and the bell rang, causing almost everyone to jump out of their seats and run out the door.

"Bloody hell, you'd think that Binns would at least try and make class interesting for being a ghost..." someone muttered as they all made their way to their next class.

Aurora looked behind her and saw Riddle talking very fast and quietly to his group and the minute he stopped talking, the four of them walked silently to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

The class went by much quicker than History of Magic. Thankfully, Longhorn knows how to make class interesting. He demonstrated the Unforgivable Curses--which, Aurora noticed, got many Slytherins interested, including Tom--and even had a couple students practice (although, he seemed to have picked the Gryffindors over Slytherins).

Aurora had glanced over many times at Remington. Tom shot her a look but didn't say anything. He knew it hurt her to lose her friends so quickly--he didn't push it.

When day ended with Care of Magical Creatures last, Aurora didn't bother to go to dinner. She didn't feel hungry.

James had made fun of her once again during Herbology and then, surprisingly, Lestrange cursed him which caused him to go to Dippet's office. Aurora was in shock the entire class period that Lestrange, of all people, would do something like that.

When she entered the common room, Aurora had thought she would be alone, but instead, she saw Tom by the fireplace.

"Aren't you going to dinner?" She asked, quietly. Tom turned his attention away from the book he was scribbling in to her and said, "No. I have some studying to do."

"What are you studying for?" Aurora dropped her stuff on the ground and sat down in the chair next to him. Tom suddenly closed his book and turned it over so that she couldn't see the cover. Aurora furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but the look Tom gave her told her not to say anything.

"Why aren't you going to dinner?" Tom asked, for the sake of a conversation.

Aurora shrugged. "Why does nobody like me?" She suddenly said, turning to face him. Tom's face was confused and shocked at the same time.

"I mean, what have I done to make people despise me so much? Bloody hell, Durmstrang isn't that bad of a school! The education is wonderful, its just that some of it is very Dark Arts related--but that's not even the point!" She exclaimed, rambling. "Do you remember at the orphanage? I was always the social butterfly and you were the mean kid. People were always nice to me and they liked me. Even at Durmstrang, they liked me. I was a good student and I had friends. Hogwarts seems to hate me..."

Tom cleared his throat. "Hogwarts students seem to be very conservative. They like to break in new people--well, you are actually the only new student. It's a rather different change..."

Aurora sighed. "The minute I stepped into the place, I loved it. Now, I just want to go back to Durmstrang or even give Beauxbatons a chance."

The two of them were quiet for a second. Tom seemed uncomfortable in the position he was in, but Aurora didn't notice.

"What did I ever do to James?" She whispered, her voice breaking. "I don't even understand how someone like that could end up hating me forever."

"I told you he was a bad kid." Tom said, bluntly.

Aurora sighed again. She closed her eyes as she faced the ceiling.

"Aurora," Tom said, quietly. "Not everyone hates you. The Slytherins like you enough. When I was in the library yesterday, a seventh year stood up for you when a sixth year Gryffindor was saying horrible things about you."

She opened her eyes. "What?"

Tom nodded. "And Lestrange today, he stood up for you from that git, James."

Aurora smiled for a second. It hadn't occurred to her to look when people stood up for her, rather than to listen to what those who hated her had to say.

"What about you, Tom? Do you like me?" She asked, suddenly, turning to look at him. Tom stared into her eyes for a second before saying, "Yes."

She stared into his eyes longer, seeing if there was any doubt but his eyes were pure. He was telling the truth. She looked away and so did he. Tom cleared his throat again.

"Why did you suddenly believe me, Aurora?" Tom asked. "I am very curious as to how just last week you hated me and now, you can tolerate me."

Aurora smiled at Tom. "I know it was you, Tom. I would never, for a second, believe that it was Rubeus Hagrid."

He seemed unfazed. He smirked and said, "Then why the sudden change of heart?"

Aurora really didn't know why. "I-I don't know." She repeated her thoughts. "You seem a more likely person to trust than James at this point. I don't know what to do anymore and it seems like you are just there..." She turned to look at him. Tom did the same. "You were always there..."

She didn't notice how close their faces were, but neither of them minded. As their faces inched closer and closer, their moment was ruined when the passage way to the Slytherin common room burst open and students piled in from dinner.

Nott, Avery and Lestrange saw Tom and Aurora made their way over and sat down. Lestrange smiled at Aurora and Tom said to him, "Made it out alright then, Lestrange?"

He nodded his head and said, "Dippet just lectured me for an hour and then told me to go back to class." He rolled his eyes. "It was nothing permanent."

"Thank you, Lestrange." Aurora said, causing both he and Tom to look at her strangely. "You stood up for me, so thank you."

Lestrange smirked. "You're welcome."

The boys fell silent and Aurora stared at the ground, while the four of them darted their eyes at each other, as if they didn't know what to do. When Aurora looked up, she saw all four eyes on her and she got the message.

"Oh, right." She stood up. "I guess-I guess I'll be going then."

She picked her bag up from the ground and started to walk towards the girls' staircase and entered her dormitory, which was completely empty of anyone. Aurora took her books out of her bag and started on her homework which made her fall asleep anyway, thinking of nothing.

~

"Have you been taking our advice?" Avery said, smug at Tom once they made sure that Aurora was out of hearing range.

Tom furrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"About getting close to Jenkins!" Nott exclaimed. "So that Dumbledore and Dippet and every one else wouldn't suspect you of anything! Lestrange did that curse just so he could get on her good side..."

Lestrange nodded his head. Tom said nothing.

Lestrange smirked. "You have a soft spot for her, don't you, mate? You barely even know her, Riddle."

"Shut up, Lestrange." Tom hissed, angrily. "Of course, I don't. She's been coming to me."

"And you don't mind." Nott finished even though Riddle didn't need finishing. He shot him a glare and shook his head, however, Avery just laughed and said, "Take her to Hogsmeade next weekend. It's right before Christmas break-you can work your Riddle charm on her. She seems to suddenly like you, now it's your turn, mate."

Tom stood up. "I'll do it myself without your help," He glared at the three of them. "You buffoons." He muttered, taking his stuff with him and going up the boys' staircase.

In the distance, as the three of them stayed by the fireplace, he smirked when he heard them say, "Yes, my lord."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been watching Harry Potter and I just watched Chamber of Secrets and can I just say that Tom Riddle was REALLY attractive back in the day? Like, wow, lol.
Anywho, I'm not sure if I like this chapter. It's kind of a filler...

How many days until the finale?
Let me sob.

I love these people: girlygirl.m, Fleebii, skyerocket., annamoonstone, JamiClearwater, PirateWolf17, whilethefirewasout, Corazon de Cenicero, Dulcis Somnium, shadow123, Hummingbird; :)