Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

the curious cases of tom riddle and aurora jenkins

"Tom, where are you taking me?" Aurora asked, following the wand light. Tom didn't answer a single one of her questions, which made her all the more curious yet afraid.

He couldn't exactly do anything to her, right?

Tom suddenly stopped, after what felt like a year. Aurora bumped into him and mumbled a soft, "Sorry," which he did not acknowledge it. Above him was a trap door which he gently opened and climbed up. Aurora followed suit.

When she climbed through, Tom closed the door and stood up.

"Will you please start answering my questions?" Aurora exasperated. Tom rolled his eyes, keeping the wand light on his face and he said, "We're in the Honeydukes cellar."

"Why?" She asked, looking around. She saw some stairs that probably led out to the shop itself. Other than that, the place was full of boxes.

"So we could talk." Tom nodded, curtly.

"What did you want to talk about?" Aurora asked, perching herself on a stack of boxes. Tom stared at her and said, "I'm just curious."

"About what?"

"Your family." Tom's eyes glinted in curiosity. He crossed his arms and and raised a single eyebrow but didn't say anything else.

"Why?" It was her turn to be mysterious. Aurora felt that attachment to Tom, but she wasn't sure whether she wanted to trust him to the full extent just yet. She knew how to be cautious.

"I'm just merely interested, Aurora." Tom defended himself.

"I don't know anything about you, so I won't say anything about me." She snapped. It came out harsher than she had planned and Tom smirked. He stood up straight and slowly made his way towards her. His hands rested against the wall and their faces were inches away from each other.

"Feisty." He whispered.

"It's unfair." She glared.

"Life is unfair, Aurora." Tom sighed, moving his head away from hers and he shrugged, "I'm still at the orphanage."

"I know." Aurora said. Tom furrowed his eyebrows, almost looking angry and she said, "I wanted to find out who my real parents were, so I went to the orphanage. Mrs. Cole told me."

"I never liked her." He spat. "Your parents...were they evil?"

Aurora froze. How could he guess so well? She didn't show it when she looked into his eyes, angry. He had a light smirk on his face and he shrugged his shoulders at his guess.

Two can play at that game.

"Are you my friend, Tom?" She asked, pulling him into her. Tom's eyes traveled from where her hands gripped his robes to her face.

Tom fell silent.

"It's a simple question." Aurora whispered, deciding to try something knew. "Are you my friend?"

Aurora felt his hot breath on her and his eyes flickered between hers and her lips. He was trying to see what she was getting at.

"You want to kiss me." She whispered, seeing it in his eyes. His eyes flicked to her lips and then back to her eyes. Tom's expression changed and he lifted himself off of her and backed away, a glare in his eyes.

"Why did you bring me here, Tom?" Aurora asked, dropping it. She could tell he had had enough and that his plan didn't work as well as he planned.

"You've changed quite a bit, Aurora Rose." Tom smirked. "Whatever happened to you did you well."

"You like it?" She asked, incredulous.

"A true Slytherin." He nodded. "Just what I need," He added, in a whisper.

Aurora shot him a confused look and he said, "You're nothing like Nott or Avery or even Lestrange. You're different from them, Aurora. I like it."

"How am I different?" Aurora asked, thoroughly confused.

"You evaluate people. You can tell how they act just by looking into their eyes. You can figure them out; a talent none of us have." Tom smirked.

"And why is that important to you?"

"You'll see." He said, slyly. Aurora furrowed her eyebrows but he continued, "It'll take time, but I know it'll work."

"What will?"

"You ask too many questions." Tom noted, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"So do you." She retorted.

"You'll be useful to me, Aurora."

"So you're using me?" Aurora said, feeling her heart deflate. Tom expression changed and he shook his head. "Not at all. I just know that I can count on you on this."

He moved closer to her, putting themselves back in the position they were earlier, only Tom felt more comfortable. Aurora leaned her head back and she looked up at him confused.

"You'll stay by me, won't you, Aurora?" He whispered in her ear, causing chills to run down her spine. Tom lightly kissed her cheek and Aurora melted inside.

"You confuse me." She whispered.

Tom scoffed. "It intrigues you. You like it."

As much as she hated to admit it, it was true. Aurora nodded her head and Tom smirked. Her eyes never left his lips and just as he leaned down Aurora pushed him away.

He looked at her, baffled.

"I don't give in easily." She said, sternly. "You want me? Prove it."

"Are you - ?" He growled, feeling the first time anyone defied him. Aurora shook her head and she said, "I'm not easy, Tom. You want to know about my parents? Earn my full trust. You want me by your side? Prove me that I'm valued to you. I'm not going to sit around and pretend like you're not just using me. I've lost enough people in my life to know who to trust nowadays."

Tom was shocked. Aurora looked up at him, hoping that he wouldn't curse her because that sudden burst of adrenaline made her do such things. She didn't know where exactly it came from but it was very true.

Tears slipped out and streamed down her cheek and she roughly wiped it away. Tom stepped closer to her again and wiped away a tear with his thumb.

"We should get back." Aurora said, wanting to pull Tom into her and kiss him. It took all of her might just to push him away the first time, any longer they would be together and she would lose it.

Though Aurora meant all of her words, she still wanted Tom to be with her. He just needed to prove that he felt the same way.

She didn't need to be any more heartbroken than she already was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maaaajor foreshadowing! :)

This chapter is confusing, no? Hence the title ;)
Tom has this huge master plan and Aurora is apart of it, along with the fact that she's very angsty and confused about a lot of things. :)

Thank you to my favorites: ScaryMonster, whilethefirewasout, JamiClearwater, death devourer., VikingsInLove, MusicsSoul, The Silver Snitch, skyerocket., Crucio Me, Shadow's Gates, girlygirl.m, BUSTANUT, PirateWolf17, She and Him :)