Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

floating lights

"Tom?" Aurora whispered, looking around, trying to find him, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Tom chuckled and he stepped out of the shadows of a large tree, leaning against it, with his arms crossed. He had a typical smirk etched on his face as Aurora stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Um...I'm very confused." She admitted.

"The lake." Tom pointed. A large tentacle, belonging to the Giant Squid, emerged from it and then splashed back into the water. "It's vast and brilliant - full of so much life - like an entire world on its own."

"I'm still confused." Aurora said.

Tom smirked. Suddenly, causing her to jump, where they stood, lit up thousands of little lights. Aurora gasped and looked up, would anyone see them? However, the west side of the lake faced away from Hogwarts.

Tom was smart.

Aurora looked back down again at the little floating lights. She looked closer and caught one in her hands. It went out the minute she touched it.

"Fragile, they are." Tom said, watching her.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" Aurora asked, still fascinated by the tiny balls of fire.

"You control them - whether they live or die. I conjured them, a higher power created them." Tom continued. "It's like they're alive, isn't it? Like us - we're alive. We're all similar in that way, but one catch..."

"What catch?" Aurora whispered, intrigued.

Tom pointed to her. "You control whether they live or they die."

"What are you on about?" Aurora asked, touching one again and it burnt out, disappearing right in front of her eyes.

Tom gestured around. "Brilliance leads to fantastic accomplishments, Aurora."

Aurora stared.

"I still don't understand, Tom." She said. "What do these lights have anything to with 'brilliance'?"

"I'm not talking about brilliance, I'm talking about you."

Did he just compliment her?

Aurora stared at him. "Wait, so you're saying that since 'brilliance leads to fantastic accomplishments,' I can do anything I can. Like - like controlling the lights." She touched another light and it burnt out.

"Bingo." Tom nodded.

"Okay. So then, what can I do?"

"For one, finish of Hastings." He smirked.

Thoughts of James rushed back into Aurora's mind, and the content expression on her face dropped. Tom noticed it and he said, "What?"

"Nothing." She shook her head.

"He said something to you?" Tom asked, crossing his arms.

Aurora looked up at him. "I'm starting to question the true nature of my life. Whether I'm truly a good person or not."

Tom smirked. "Good or bad, the real conflict."

"He said that I have some Dark blood in me." She said, quietly.

"Doesn't everybody?" He replied, casually.

"What do you mean?"

"We all lash out at people - some, more interestingly than others." He eyed her. "But I believe that everyone can be Dark with some convincing, more or less."

Aurora stared at him. She shook her and said, "I just want to forget about him. Obviously, I can't because we go to the same school, but I just want it to end. Why can't I be normal?!"

Tom touched one of the lights and said, "Nobody is normal."

Aurora sighed. "Remington apologized, though."

"Good."

"You're okay with that?" She asked, bewildered.

Tom shrugged. "Why not?"

"I thought you didn't like him."

Tom leaned forward, so their faces were only centimeters away from each other. "You're better than him. You deserve the apology."

Aurora gave him a half smile, but she wasn't sure if she liked what he said. Aurora stared out as the floating lights minded their own business and floated around, with the occasional hand to touch it and burn it out.

"What are you planning, Tom?" Auror asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" He had a light mischievous expression on his face.

"You said to me 'Patience, Rose' in the library one day. Patience for what?" She threw her hands up. "What are you planning to do?"

"Time is a precious thing, Aurora." Tom said, waving it off. "You'll know when the time comes."

Aurora stared at him.

"We must head back." Tom glanced at his watch. He stood up and Aurora did the same. When Aurora touched two of the floating lights, he smirked and grabbed her hand.

She gasped, surprised, but when she felt Tom's lips attach to hers, she relaxed and moved with him. He pressed her against the tree and Aurora's hands went up to his hair and entangled themselves in it.

It was what she had been waiting for - unexpected and sweet.

He was instantly forgiven.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cool story, bro: The modem in my house does not work, and we need a new one. Therefore, I had no internet ALL DAY. So my brother and I escaped to the downtown library. Everything that I had up on Chrome got deleted (meaning, all the chapters I was writing). Not too sad because I didn't have much written for this, though. The one I'm sad about was Dear Fred because I was so close to finishing that chapter :(
On another note, I outlined a couple of new stories of mine, so shameless self-whoring:
1. Cosmic Love featuring my love, Sirius Black
2. Sea Monster featuring Draco Malfoy
:)

WHO ELSE WAITED FOR THAT KISS? ;)
And who else thought of Tangled with the floating light? :P
But yeah, tis Tom. I thought it was obviously since he's the only person in this story who calls her 'Rose', hehehe. All your guesses were close - I definitely had them all in mind. Can you tell what the floating lights are an analogy of?

Huge thank you's go out to skyerocket., The Silver Snitch, death devourer., BUSTANUT, Lady of the Moon, MusicsSoul, JustThinking, whilethefirewasout, WhoAreYouJudy, She and Him :)