Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

reconcilation

After Aurora had received her father's letter, she had started to look at the world as little more differently. She was still angry at him, thus prompting her to not write the letter back, but the weight off of her shoulder's about who her father and mother truly were made life a little bit easier.

She was getting the courage to confront the people she never was able to before.

The Friday after she had gotten the letter, instead of writing back, she had approached Remington in the courtyard during free period.

"Hi, Remington," Aurora said, nervously.

He looked up at her, confused. He stood up from the bench that he was sitting on, with his friends surrounding him; they were all giving her confused looks.

"Can I, um, talk to you?" She jerked her thumb away from his friends.

Remington nodded his head and followed her.

Tom said that he didn't like the idea of trying to reconcile with him, or anyone, really. He thought that it was useless if the person had betrayed you before, then they would do it again. Tom believed very much in loyalty. It was probably why he was exclusive when it came to 'friends'.

"I'm sorry," Aurora said, once they were alone.

Remington leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, but he didn't say anything. He let her continue.

"I, to be honest, had no idea that my biological parents did what they did, and I'm sure that James has told you about it, hence why neither of you spoke to me..." She trailed off.

Remington shook his head, his blond hair bouncing around with him, and he replied, "I told you already, Aurora, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just judged you based on what James has said. I know better than anyone that no one is like their parents..."

Aurora gave him a smile but furrowed her eyebrows when a question arose in her,

"How come I don't see you two around together anymore?"

Remington rolled his eyes. "He's still my friend, I guess. He's very judgmental and I've lost too many friends because of him, including you." His eyes locked with hers. "He's not happy that I'm on your side, and well, I don't care what he thinks anymore."

Aurora gave him a sympathetic look and she peered over his shoulder, back at his Gryffindor friends.

"Looks like it didn't take you long to find new friends..."

He rolled his eyes again and chuckled, "They've certainly done me better than James."

"Listen, thank you," Aurora said, touching his arm. "It feels really good to get things off of my chest."

He smiled at her and said, "You'll always be a friend to me, Aurora Jenkins."

"Actually," He added, just as Aurora was about to say her goodbye to him. "How about we take a walk? We can catch up from the few months that we haven't spoken."

She looked around, skeptical at first, since she had promised herself she'd study for her History of Magic exam during the free period, but decided why not? She gave him a smile and they both walked on.

Aurora and Remington ended up just talking about their classes, which was their least favorite, which was their favorite, which was the funniest, which was the most boring...the list went on and on.

"Did Longhorn ever tell you the story about how he fought those--" Remington started, but Aurora finished, knowing exactly what he was talking about,

"--those ghouls whilst wearing a dress because he was fitting it for his wife? Yeah! Merlin's beard, I thought I was going to piss myself!"

Remington laughed.

He plopped himself down on the ground and patted the spot next to him. Aurora sat down and she gave him a smile.

"I see you hang around with Riddle quite a bit--joined his little posse, have you?" He smirked.

Aurora rolled her eyes, "No. I don't know. Riddle is just someone who has been there, oddly enough. Like, he is actually everywhere."

Remington chuckled and he said, "The kid creeps me out, I'm not going to lie. He's ridiculously brilliant--to the point where he can like, take over the world or something."

Aurora laughed. "Tom is smart, I will agree to that, but he has a heart somewhere. He doesn't really show it much, but I know it's there."

"What makes you think so?"

She gave him a smile, a nervous smile, which Remington understood. He went, "Ah," and shut himself up.

Then he opened his mouth a second later,

"You two aren't a--?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

Aurora's mouth opened and then she closed. She opened it again and then said, finally, "No. I don't think so..."

"You don't think so..." Remington repeated, dumbfounded.

She shrugged her shoulders and said, "He's confusing too, might I add."

Remington looked at her, his eyes squinting as the bright sun beat down on them. He looked like he was observing her, and she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She didn't approve of people examining her.

"Stop that!" Aurora exclaimed, as he continued.

Remington immediately said, "Sorry."

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and suddenly felt awkward now. She wanted to go back to her dorm already and study. Being with Remington was creeping her out...

"Aurora?" His voice piped up.

"Hmm?"

"Do you like him? Tom, I mean?" Remington asked, curiously.

Aurora shrugged. "I don't think it would make a difference even if I did."

"Why not?"

Aurora didn't answer, not feeling comfortable enough. Tom Riddle was someone different, and Aurora felt like she was the only person who understood him. Not Lestrange, not Nott, nor Avery...just her.

Remington cleared his throat and he stood up. He took her hand and helped her up, too.

"It was great catching up, again, Aurora," He said, pulling her into a hug.

"This was good, Remington," Aurora said into his chest.

He waved goodbye to her as he walked away, back to his friends. Aurora stayed at the spot, not feeling like leaving.

She sighed. Tom had noticed it as well, but Aurora clearly avoided writing back to her father. She used every excuse not to do, such as catching up with people she had lost touch with (her number one was Remington).

Aurora simply couldn't bring herself to write the letter, and she hated the fact that she wasn't able to.

She also hated how Tom did nothing about it either. He just liked to watch her struggle with it, and it annoyed her. She thought that he was on her side again--that he would help her through anything.

But he was the same Tom Riddle as he ever was.

And she was still just as attracted to him, and just as confused as ever...
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, I should never promise to not change my layout again.
Although, this time I am quite happy with it.

Lame chapter, but eh, it's supposed to be her trying to be someone new since her dad's letter.

Please?

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu skyerocket., MusicsSoul, WhoAreYouJudy, JustThinking, Little Lion Man, Lady of the Moon, whilethefirewasout, Wolves In The Walls, She and Him, s t a rSTRUCK for all of your lovely comments :)