Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

the moody boy

Aurora finally wrote the letter.

It took three weeks, and much support from Remington, but she finally wrote it. Looking back on it, she felt as though it didn't make any sense, but when Remington skimmed over it, he told her that it was fine.

It read:

Dear father,

It's a little weird calling you that now, but I guess you still are. You were the person who took me in, you found me, and you gave me a permanent shelter over my head. I couldn't thank you enough for doing so.

It still doesn't change the fact that you blatantly forgot to tell me about my real parents. For the longest time, I thought that my parents just didn't want me. Then a boy at the orphanage told me that my parents were dead.

I had every right to know from the beginning what happened to them, and you kept it from me until I was fifteen years old.

I guess this really does change everything between us.

But you're right. You're still my father, and mother is still mother.

See you over the summer.

Love,
Aurora


"It's short," She admitted. "But I don't know what else to write."

Remington patted her on the arm. "It's fine, Aurora."

Aurora sighed, clutching the letter in her hand. After lunch she promised to go to the owlery and deliver the letter, however, that task seemed to get harder and harder to do. She couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Come on," Remington urged. "I have to get to Herbology, and you still haven't sent that letter."

"I will do it...soon." She said, pocketing it. "I need to get to Care of Magical Creatures."

"Aurora," He said, sternly. "I am not leaving until you send that letter."

"I will send it!" She exclaimed, pulling away from his grasp. "You will be late for Herbology, Remington. Go."

"No, I'm not--"

"Leave her be, Arias."

Aurora spun around, and found Tom standing before them, his arms crossed and a death glare set on Remington.

"I've got this, Riddle." Remington said.

For three weeks, Aurora had been balancing time with the two boys. Since Tom liked to be secretive and mischievous, the time spent with him was a lot less than with Remington.

Though she didn't really mean for it to happen that way, she hoped it would hurt him.

"I have Care of Magical Creatures with Aurora," Tom said, taking a step closer to her. "I can go with her. You go to Herbology or I'll write you up."

Remington's jaw clenched. He glanced between the two of them, but Aurora's eyes were set on Tom's. She was staring at him, dumbfounded.

"Wait, what?" Aurora said, once Remington left.

Tom pulled her by the arm, towards the owlery.

"I'm taking you to the owlery." He said, simply.

"But, Remington could have done it..."

Tom looked at her, sharply, and he said, "I'd rather it be me."

"Why you?"

"Stop asking questions."

Aurora glared at him but followed him up to the owlery. She found her brown and white owl perched next to another owl. Once he saw her, he flew down immediately and landed beside her.

"Mind if I read your letter?" Tom asked, leaning against the doorway of the owlery, watching her.

She shook her head. "Nope."

"Did Arias read it?"

Aurora hesitated, then nodded her head.

"I'd like to read it, Aurora." Tom said, his voice stern.

Aurora turned to look at him, cocking a single eyebrow. She finally realized what it was that was bothering Tom so much.

It was Remington.

"Tom," She said, trying to suppress her laughter. His eyes were becoming narrower the harder it became to control her laugh. "I'm getting the impression that you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous," He hissed.

"Then why do you care so much that Remington read my letter?" She crossed her arms, a playful smiling playing on her lips.

He clenched his jaw shut, his eyes gleaming and narrowed, but it didn't affect Aurora in anyway. She liked that it was hitting him where it hurt.

Maybe Tom had feelings after all?

Aurora sent the owl away, watching it fly in the direction of her home. Tom slithered up to her and watched, too, his arms were still crossed.

"The letter just said that he was still my father but our relationship has changed completely." Aurora said, to calm down the moody boy.

He looked a little bit better but his eyes were locked on something else.

The Gryffindors and the Ravenclaws were outside, by the greenhouses. Her eyes followed his gaze but she couldn't understand what he was looking at.

Tom pointed.

"You said you tried to make amends with Hastings, right?"

Aurora nodded.

It wasn't a very nice encounter. James still believed that Aurora had 'dark blood' in her, and he shunned her away. He didn't want to hear anything that she had to say, even though she had apologized earlier.

"Tom, what are you planning to do?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"Arias didn't do anything about his friend?"

"They aren't friends anymore...not really, I mean." Aurora replied.

Tom smirked.

"Tom...?"

He looked at Aurora and said, "We're late for class."

She opened her mouth to speak, but Tom walked away. He glanced back to ask her if she was coming, and she followed, suddenly worried that Tom would do something to James or even Remington.

Flashbacks from the beginning of the year with the Tom's monster came rushing back to her.

No, Tom couldn't do something like that again. He was still under the radar with Dumbledore, there was no way he could do something like that again.

"Tom!" She stopped him once the way halfway to Care of Magical Creatures.

He looked down at her, his expression blank but his eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't do anything to hurt them, Tom." She said. "I can see it in your eyes...you're going to do something."

Tom smirked, but before he could walk away, Aurora pulled his head down to be level with hers and she whispered in his ear,

"If you care about me, you wouldn't do it..."

She let him go, and under the gleaming eyes of Tom Riddle, she walked away, towards her Care of Magical Creatures class.

When Aurora glanced back at Tom, and he was smirking, again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read THIS by eight letters late., you'll be happy you did :)

Back to this: Nothing really happens towards the end of fifth year, since all of that basilisk drama happened at the beginning. So therefore, I'm stuck trying to make up my own drama. I love a jealous Tom, though, don't you? ;)

Thank you to my favorites: She and Him, WhoAreYouJudy, MusicsSoul, The Silver Snitch, erika_xtc, whilethefirewasout, Lady of the Moon, death devourer., skyerocket., BUSTANUT, JustThinking, Little Lion Man :)