Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

touchy subject

Tom was watching them.

Some foreign and strange feeling building up in his chest, as he kept an eye from a window above in the Hogwarts castle, watching her specifically, but then he arrived on the scene and distracted her.

They were laughing and talking. Before Remington arrived, Aurora was intent on her book, reading under a large tree to give her shade. Once he came, she closed her book and diverted all of her attention onto him.

It had been a month and a half since Aurora had received the letter from her father, and when she had re-befriended Remington Arias. Tom had kept a close eye on them, to see to it that neither of them did anything stupid. However, nothing had happened. They remained friends.

Tom didn't like it one bit.

"Are you still going to attempt it, at least?" Nott approached him, sitting down next to him and following his gaze.

Tom shrugged. "She told me not to."

"Since when did you listen to Jenkins?" He scoffed.

"Since I earned her trust back."

"You know," Nott said. "You keep saying that you're only with her because of Dumbledore's watch on you, but I think it's slowly becoming more, Riddle."

"What are you talking about, Nott?" Tom rolled his eyes.

"I think you, Riddle, are falling in love."

Tom spun around. His eyes blazing and narrowed, and his nostrils flared. Since when did love ever exist in this? Aurora Jenkins was just a girl he was using to help him sneak out of the radar. That was it.

"Alright, alright," Nott backed off. "Touchy subject--I won't go there, again."

Tom's eyes went back towards Aurora and Remington. She was looking up at him, and he gave her a smirk, but she didn't see it because Remington averted her attention back.

"What does she find so interesting about him?" Tom asked.

Nott shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe she just wants friends? She is still known as the new girl, and people are still giving her grief since Hastings spread that rumor about the 'monster'."

"But why him?"

"You should probably ask her that question, Riddle." Nott smirked. "Why do you care, anyways? Jenkins is allowed to make friends with people. Mind you, it's offsetting that it's a Gryffindor, but she'll learn eventually."

Tom continued to stare, no matter how many times Aurora kept glancing back at him since she found him staring.

"Dumbledore would never suspect you, the close friend of Aurora Jenkins, if Remington Arias was suddenly cursed." Nott smirked, with a sly tone.

"But she would." Tom said. "Then she would hate me, like she usually does, and then Dumbledore would end up targeting me, anyways."

Nott sighed. "What is her story, anyway? I know she was an orphan, but then was taken in by an Auror, or something? Do you know?"

"It's classified information, Nott." Tom said, monotonously.

"You told me all about Lestrange and Avery, and even Mulciber!" He rolled his eyes. "Why is Jenkins any different? Is she hiding something that nobody else should know about?"

Tom turned around, finally breaking his gaze off the two people down below, from the library window. Aurora had kept his secrets all this time, and he could only do the same thing.

"Because she is quick on her feet. One wrong thing, and she's out."

"She's loyal," Tom commented. "She's brave, she's unafraid... and sometimes that is not always a good thing. One can turn their backs if willing."

Nott sighed. "We have two years until we leave this damned place."

He clapped his back.

"You'll see who your real followers are."
♠ ♠ ♠
You Win by eight letter's late.
One of my favorite original stories on this site. Go read it!

This is probably the only Tom-centered chapter, and it's really short, but whatever. I am flat out winging this, and need to find a way to end fifth year with a bang! I'll figure it out eventually...I hope.

Also, I initially wanted this story to start from 5th year all the way past 7th, but then I realized that this story would have a like a million chapters lol, so I think I'm stopping at either 6th or 7th year. So yeah, I cut it by a lot. But no worries, we have a long way to go until this story ends :)

This story has 301 comments! Yeeeee! Humongous thank you's go to MusicsSoul, whilethefirewasout, The Silver Snitch, She and Him, WhoAreYouJudy, jazzy512, Lady of the Moon, Little Lion Man, skyerocket., wolfprincess1995, JustThinking, Sister Morphine., kyumi2 :)