Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

gryffindor vs. slytherin

There was a Quidditch game. Aurora hadn't been to one all year, especially because of all the chaos that ensued at the beginning of the year. She was finally going to one.

It was Gryffindor versus Slytherin, and Aurora was not torn. She wanted Slytherin to win because it was her house, but Remington was her friend and he was a Chaser on the Gryffindor team.

She showed her Slytherin support.

Remington looked snazzy in his maroon and gold robes when he walked into the Great Hall, earning boo's from the Slytherins and cheers from all the other Houses. He found Aurora in the midst of all the Slytherins and he winked at her, making her blush.

"I'm going to murder those Gryffindor's." Isadora smirked. She was a Chaser for the Slytherin team.

"Can I ask why the two Houses are rivals?" Aurora asked. Silver Gavazzi rolled her eyes and she replied,

"Two of the founders of Hogwarts, Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin, clashed with their ideas. They never got along and it passed down to those sorted in each House." She shrugged. "It doesn't really apply to each person, per say, but generally, we're enemies. Our ideas never match."

Aurora looked over at the Gryffindor table and saw Remington and the rest of his friends being loud and rowdy. It was obvious how excited they were. They kept shooting glares at the Slytherin players.

Aurora stood up, finishing her breakfast, and she left the Great Hall. She wanted to dress up properly for a Quidditch game, so she entered her common room.

Tom was there.

"You're not going to watch the game?" She asked him. He was writing in a book by the fireplace.

He didn't even look up and he scoffed, "I have no interest in Quidditch. I find it a waste of time."

"Really?" Aurora was smiling. "I love Quidditch. I wish I came early enough to try out for the Slytherin team this year--maybe next year."

"Since when did you have an interest?" Tom looked up, an amused look on his face.

She shrugged. "My uncle got me in it when I was younger. Then, he started teaching me how to play all the positions, but I seemed to be better at Beater."

"You a Beater," Tom pondered. "Interesting."

Aurora rolled her eyes. "Anyways, you should come, Tom. You can even bring that book with you," She pointed to the black book he always writes in.

Tom rolled his eyes. "I'd rather not."

"What if I said that I supported Gryffindor? Will you chase me there?" Aurora joked. He rolled his eyes again and said, "Nice try."

"Tom, you just hole yourself up all the time. Why can't you just enjoy some pure entertainment?"

"Why bask in entertainment when there's more important things to do--like study?" He suggested. "O.W.L's are coming up in a short amount of time."

Aurora sighed. "You need to be taught how to have some fun."

She left Tom in the common room and went up to her dormitory to change into green clothing and accessories. She probably looked a little too green, but she didn't care. When she came back downstairs, Tom looked shocked but he started laughing.

"Stop it!" Aurora scolded. "It's my team spirit!"

"You look ridiculous." Tom said, still laughing. It was the first time Aurora had seen him laugh that hard. Maybe she should dress up like that more often?

Aurora huffed and she stalked away. She looked back at Tom and said, "Well, at least I'm better than you."

She set off towards the pitch with the rest of the school, but she kept a smile on her face. She was excited that she would finally be able to see a Quidditch game in front of her again. She had gone to the World Cup a few years ago with her family.

Aurora sat with her roommates and waited for the game to begin.

The players walked out onto the field and the captains (Franz Hredzak from Slytherin and Dimitri Mubarak from Gryffindor) shook hands and Madam Carnegie blew her whistle to signal the start of the game.

The players kicked off their brooms and the commentator (Jackson Landon from Hufflepuff) started shouting,

"Hredzak has the Quaffle! Oooooh--intercepted by Donahue from Gryffindor! And he scores! Ten points to Gryffindor!"

All the Slytherins, including Aurora, booed.

"Dawson from Slytherin now has the Quaffle! Watch out for that Bludger! And--and--and Mubarak from Gryffindor has the Quaffle! He passes to Arias from Gryffindor and blocked by Slytherin Keeper, Gavazzi!"

Aurora screamed and shouted. Her roommates beside her, especially Georgia Hayden, were angrily screaming and shouting at Gryffindor.

"You are all so loud." She heard a voice behind her. She spun around and she grinned. Tom looked very uncomfortable.

"You came," She stated.

"I did," Tom nodded.

Aurora grinned and turned back around to the game.

"Arias has the Quaffle! Close one with that Bludger, mate!" Jackson Landon exclaimed. "He passes it to Donahue, but--oooh!"

Donahue was hit with a Bludger. Slytherin Beater, Nicholas Day, threw his arms up towards Slytherin and they all cheered.

"Well, isn't that gory?" Tom said, looking at Donahue who fell the ground. He got back up, brushing the sand off of his robes and he kicked back up again. His arm looked a little limp.

"That's Quidditch for you," Aurora clapped.

"Hredzak has the Quaffle!" Landon shouted. "He passes it to Isadora Dawson! And--no!--Mubarak now has the Quaffle! And he scores! Another ten points to Gryffindor!"

"Boo!" Aurora screamed. Tom looked at her and everyone else, amused. He crossed his arms and kept watching.

"Wait! Gryffindor Seeker has spotted the Snitch?!" Kieran Pace was flying speedily towards the tiny little Golden Snitch. Slytherin's Seeker, Tamara Johnstun, followed suit.

"Go, Tamara!" She screamed. Tamara was catching up easily to Kieran. They were both chasing the Snitch.

Meanwhile, Remington got the Quaffle again and scored. Thirty points to Gryffindor, while Slytherin had zero.

"AND TAMARA CAUGHT THE SNITCH! ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POINTS TO SLYTHERIN! SLYTHERIN WINS!"

Aurora jumped up and down, screaming. She cheered happily and she turned to Tom, who looked around at everyone. The Gryffindors looked livid that they didn't win. Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws looked disappointed, as well. Slytherins were beyond joyous.

"Party in the Slytherin common room!" Georgia shrieked. They all got off the stands and trudged their way back to the castle.

"So?" Aurora nudged Tom. "Did you like it?"

"When Donahue got hit by the Bludger, it was quite entertaining." Tom smirked.

"Why did you even come?" She asked, laughing. "I thought you didn't like Quidditch."

He shrugged. "When someone wears something as ridiculous as this," He tugged at her bright green robes. "You're bound to get curious."

Aurora rolled her eyes. They all got back to the common room and it seemed that someone already beat them to the party. There was food everywhere and all of her fellow Slytherins were waiting for the players to get back.

"Where did all this food come from?" Aurora asked.

"The kitchens--where else?" Tom said.

You're allowed there?!" She exclaimed.

"No. But that doesn't stop some people."

The players had arrived and everyone was cheering. It seemed that Slytherin was unbeatable. Every single game, no matter what, they had always won. It was always Tamara Johnstun, too, who got the Snitch that won them the game. Everyone cheered especially loud for her.

Aurora walked around, leaving Tom to his 'friends' and she congratulated the players she passed.

"I never knew you were into Quidditch, new girl." Nicholas Day, the Beater that hit Donahue from Gryffindor, said.

She shrugged. "It's been awhile."

Nicholas smirked. "You should try out next year. Hredzak is leaving," He pointed to the burly captain. "And so is my fellow Beater, Lance Flannery." He pointed to the giant of a man who was drinking heavily.

Aurora smiled. "Would it be weird if I told you I'd like to try out for Beater?"

Nicholas looked dumbfounded.

"Jenkins, Beater's are very strong and have good eye coordination. You think you have all that?"

"I'm a trained Beater!" She exclaimed. "Plus, I really like to hit."

Nicholas grinned. "Well, then, I'll see you next year."

Aurora decided to get some fresh air. It seemed that every single Slytherin was packed into the common room, and she felt like she wasn't getting any air while walking around.

She found herself in the corridors.

"Well, fancy seeing you here," She heard Remington's voice. She spun around and smirked at him,

"Shouldn't you be sulking?"

Remington rolled his eyes. "Good blow to my self esteem there, Aurora."

"Hey, my team won!" She exclaimed. "I'm going to rub it in your face."

He laughed. "What are you doing out here, anyway? Aren't you all having a party?"

She nodded. "It's so crowded in there. I thought I'd get some air."

Remington gave her a smile. "I was actually just about to visit you. Then, I thought of turning back because I would get booed for being anywhere near the dungeons right now. From all four Houses."

"Oh," Aurora said, pushing her hair back. "What did you want to want to see me for?"

Remington shrugged. "I don't know--I just really felt like it."

She blushed. "Oh...okay..."

He stepped closer to her. He had a playful smile on his face and she returned it.

That was until she felt Remington's hands on her arms. Aurora froze, what was he going to do? His face was only centimeters away from hers but she didn't do anything. She had no idea what to do. Tom's image flashed in her mind.

He leaned down and just as their lips touched, only slightly, Aurora pushed him away.

"I should get back," She muttered.

Remington let go of her and he stared at her, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm sorry, Remington." She said. "I just--I can't do that."

He clenched his jaw shut and he slowly nodded.

"Right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even thought about it." He turned on his heel. "I'll see you later, Aurora."

Aurora sighed. Now she felt guilty. But why? She didn't have feelings of that nature towards Remington. She liked him as a friend and a friend only.

She watched as Remington turned around, running his fingers through his hair. He looked distressed now and regretful about the almost-kiss.

Where did it even come from?

Aurora turned around, about to make her way back to the Slytherin common room, when she saw a figure standing there.

She froze. He saw it. She knew he saw it, or else he wouldn't have been standing there. His arms were crossed and he was fixed at her. He definitely saw what almost happened.

Tom's eyes looked deadly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Awesome banner by She and Him :)

I swear this is trudging along. I just need to get to the summer and hopefully things will get a lot more interesting.

READ MY NEW STORY FEATURING SIRIUS BLACK. He's like Tom only he's outgoing, not a legit bad boy, ridiculously attractive (I imagine Ben Barnes), and he's a troublemaker :)

IT IS OFFICIAL. I'M GOING TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER IN JANUARY :D :D :D

Huge thank you's to my favorite people: whilethefirewasout, skyerocket., Lady of the Moon, MusicsSoul, wolfprincess1995, JustThinking, europegirl, WhoAreYouJudy, Little Lion Man, She and Him, The Silver Snitch :)

ps. You guys should read Deception by skyerocket. (It's Draco!) :)