Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

confrontation

Tom didn't do anything.

He saw the almost-kiss but he did nothing about it. Aurora didn't exactly know what he would do. Whether he liked her, and would do something to make sure that she stayed his, or if he didn't, and would let it go.

Aurora herself didn't even know what she wanted. She almost wanted Remington to kiss her, so that maybe then she would decide on who was the better kisser: Tom or Remington? It was a bad way to decide, but she honestly couldn't. She liked them both.

He was sitting by himself in the library and writing in a black book when Aurora found him. She hovered behind a bookshelf before she decided to sit down next to him. She knew he saw her because he stopped writing for a second, and then he continued.

"Tom," Aurora said, quietly.

He didn't answer.

"I know you saw it," She continued. "What almost happened between Remington and me, I mean."

"Is this really the time?" Tom looked up at her. His dark eyes looked red. And not the whites of his eyes.

"Yes," Aurora nodded. "It's killing me to know what you think."

Tom rolled his eyes and said, "Who am I tell you otherwise?"

"But what about whenever we kiss?" She said, rather loudly. Tom shot her a look and looked around to see if anyone had heard. The two of them seemed to be the only ones in that section of the library.

"It doesn't bother you?" She asked, hoping he would say yes.

Tom didn't say anything.

"So, you'd be okay if I run to Remington right now and tell him I love him or something?" She asked, glaring.

Tom still said nothing.

"Say something!" She exclaimed, causing the librarian to shush them.

"What do you want me to say?" Tom asked. He looked like he was saying it for the sake of her not pressing the issue any further.

"That I shouldn't be with Remington and I should be with you?" Aurora suggested. "That you like me more than you tend to show?"

"And what gives you that impression?" Tom's eyes furrowed at her. She almost felt her heart shatter right then. Did he basically just say that he didn't like her like she liked him?

"Well, for one, the hundreds of times that we have kissed," Aurora said through gritted teeth.

He let out a breath, as if he was uninterested.

"If I told you what you want to hear," He said, his dark eyes on her. "Then would you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Break it off with Arias?"

Aurora stared. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "It depends."

"On what?"

"On who I like more..." She mumbled. Tom's eyes flashed only for a split second. Aurora didn't notice it because she looked away.

"So you like him," Tom said, in a statement rather than a question.

Aurora shrugged. "I don't know...he likes me, I mean, he made that quite evident. I don't even know if you like me, Tom. If Remington made it clear to me, what his feelings are, and you haven't, then why should I give you the light of day?"

Tom was silent. His eyes were on the notebook he was writing in. Aurora sighed and she reached out to touch his arm, but he moved away, ever so swiftly.

"If I mean nothing to you, then why do I see that look in your eyes whenever you look at me?" She whispered. "You don't look at anyone that way, Tom."

Her face was so close to his, but his eyes were still not on her. Aurora just wanted him to look at her, but he refused. He didn't want to.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle," Aurora whispered his full name. He told her it back when they were in the orphanage. She knew he didn't like his muggle name, but he loved the Marvolo part. It was different.

"What do you want me to do?"

Tom looked at her, finally.

"I'm making your decisions," He smirked.

Aurora closed her eyes. "Remington knows what he wants. What do you want, Tom?"

"Never speak to him again."

She head snapped to look at him, to see if he was joking, but he was. No signs of it being a joke was on his face, he was completely serious.

"What?"

"You asked me what I wanted," Tom said, slowly, as if she didn't hear the first time. "I told you that I want you to never speak to Arias ever again."

"Wha--you can't make me do that!" Aurora scoffed. "He's my friend--"

"Who is obviously in love with you," He rolled his eyes. "Why hurt him any longer while you continue to be his friend and completely ignore what he wants?"

She fell silent. That was true. Remington would just be led on if she continued being friends with him. But wouldn't being friends be better than completely shunning out of her life? There was a huge difference there, and if she knew Remington at all, he would prefer being friends.

"But what if I wanted to be with him?" Aurora muttered. Tom stood up causing her to flinch.

"You don't want to be with him..." Tom scoffed. "Why him?"

"Why not him?" Aurora stood up, too. "Remington was my friend when you weren't, Tom."

"And that means you're automatically in love with him?!"

"Are you in love with me?"

That question made Tom lurch his whole body around to look at her. His eyes were narrowed, almost into slits. It reminded her of a snake, and she hated snakes. They frightened the living daylights out of her.

"There is no such thing as love," Tom spat. "None at all."

"You've never experienced it, Tom," Aurora said, softly. Her hand touched his arm and he almost jerked it away, but the way she was holding it made him calm--like she had some sort of power like that.

"But look at me," Aurora stared into his eyes. "I am here..."

Tom looked away from her, at anything but her. It was like he was debating on what to do. For the first time in his life, he didn't know what to do. Aurora wanted to have that effect on him. She wanted to drive him nuts.

Tom twisted his arm around so that she wasn't holding him, but he was holding her. He slammed her against the bookshelf, causing her to hiss in pain. One hand was on her arm, pushing her against shelf, and the other was on her waist, doing the same thing as her arm.

Aurora looked up at him, frightened and shocked at the same time. She couldn't move in the hold that he had on her. Tom was staring into her light eyes, panting. She was driving him nuts.

Tom kissed her, forcefully. It wasn't soft and gentle like how it used to be. It was like he was hungry for it. Aurora kissed him back willingly. She thanked any higher power that the librarian didn't see them because it would have been embarrassing and knowing Tom, he would be in a rage.

But also knowing Tom, he would have known if someone was coming.

He broke off the kiss and the two were panting for air.

"Tom, I can't--" Aurora started, but Tom's eyes flashed red and he pushed her against the shelf again.

He growled, "Don't ever speak to Remington Arias again, Aurora. Ever."
♠ ♠ ♠
I seem to be extremely slow when it comes to updating this story. I'm incredibly sorry, and I have no idea how to change that.

But yowza, I really liked this chapter. Voldy's rising to power OoOoOoOo. And obviously, Aurora's stubbornness will get in the way...

NEW STORY? It's an original fiction :)
(I know, I'm going to die)

Thank you to wolfprincess1995, skyerocket., The Silver Snitch, MusicsSoul, WhoAreYouJudy, Temet Nosce, Lady of the Moon, BUSTANUT, Little Lion Man, iwishxthat, JustThinking, She and Him, whilethefirewasout :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :)