Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

careful with words

I'm so sorry, Remington. I have to do this. I have to prove to him something that he's never experienced before. I have to do this. Please, forgive me, she closed her eyes and breathed.

Everybody was so relieved that O.W.L's were over and that the last day of school was looming ever-so-closely, even Aurora. She had been preparing for them for so long, and yet the biggest burden on her shoulders just lifted off--at least until N.E.W.T's come along. But that's a whole year away.

Aurora peered her head out from the corridor, hoping that someone would come out. Tom came out, alone, but his eyes were searching. They locked on hers and just as he was coming towards her, Remington came out, and she prepared herself.

She strode over and Tom slowed down, thinking that she was approaching him, but she brushed past him and upon reaching Remington, she reached up and pulled his head down into a kiss. Remington's friends started catcalling and he, too, was shocked but she felt him pull her closer and deepen the kiss.

When they let go, Aurora stared at Remington, who was grinning down at her. It made her feel guilty because he thought it was real, when it really wasn't. At least not completely real, anyway...

She looked over at Tom, whose eyes narrowed at the two of them. It wasn't unnatural that he was just staring because it seemed that everyone in the vicinity seemed to have seen them, but Aurora smirked at him--it was working.

Aurora rested a hand on Remington's face and she pulled him down into another kiss. Something sparked inside her that she didn't expect at all.

She let go and Remington looked awed.

"Aurora, what--"

She cut him off and whispered, "I'll see you later, okay?"

He nodded, unable to form any words, and she turned on her heel. Her eyes locked with Tom's, who looked away and starting to walk in the other direction. The crowd was dispersing and she followed them and walked towards the Slytherin common room.

Just as she was about to enter the common room, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Riddle wanted me to give this to you," Avery said, holding out a folded piece of parchment. Aurora looked at it and slowly took it. He nodded his head and entered the common room while Aurora opened the note and read it.

Meet me behind the humpbacked witch.

Aurora felt a smirk grow on her face. Clearly, the kiss was bothering Tom. He wouldn't have asked to meet her secretly, in broad daylight, if that weren't true. He would wait if he just wanted to see her--he had that patience.

She slowly walked. The humpbacked witch a few floors above the dungeons. Nerves were starting to make her sweat. What was Tom going to do, though, that is the question. He looked furious when she kissed Remington.

She reached the witch and stared at it for a second before she placed a hand on it and it opened, revealing the passageway that led to Honeydukes in Hogsmeade.

"You put on quite a show," Tom said, coming out of an indent in the passageway. It was completely dark and just as Aurora was about to pull her wand out and light it, he shook his head and said, "Don't."

"Are you jealous?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"That's why you did it?"

Aurora shrugged. "My feelings for Remington are confidential."

"I told you to stay away from him, Aurora," Tom leaned against the wall, crossing her arms. His eyes on her straight frame.

"I know."

"You disobeyed me."

"I'm not your minion, Tom," Aurora replied. "I can do whatever I please."

"You asked me what to do, and I told you. You gave me the right to decide for you."

"He's my friend, Tom," she snapped. "I can't cut him out of my life."

"Clearly, he wants more than that," he scoffed.

"What do you want, Tom?" Aurora crossed her arms. "Tell me, because I'm just confused."

Silence. Aurora didn't waver; she held her ground. The light was too dark to even see what Tom was even thinking about, but she knew that she stumped him, and it angered her. She didn't like that he had to think about it. Why didn't he know?

"Tell me you want me," she said, sternly. "I'm yours."

"If not?"

"Then this is the end."

"I must say that I must be blamed for this attitude of yours, Aurora," Tom smirked, crossing his arms.

"Yes, you are," she nodded. "You've been playing with my feelings and I'm done with it."

"You realize you're hurting the friend you've been trying to protect all this time, do you not?" His expression turned cold.

"I know," Aurora nodded. "But I know what I'm doing. I have to sacrifice some things in order to receive some answers. Tell me, Riddle," she glared. "How did it feel when I touched him? When I kissed him?"

A muscle in his jaw clenched.

"Did it hurt? Did it fuel jealousy? Because you know what?" Aurora threw her hands up. "I felt something today. I didn't expect it nor did I even know that I wanted it, but--but it was like fireworks, Tom. Just a kiss with Remington."

"You're lying," he hissed.

"I'm not," Aurora shook her head. "I felt that way about you, too, Tom. But you've waited long enough to play with my heart. Now you tell me, do you want me?"

She slithered up to him and placed a hand on his face. Tom's eyes closed shut and she could tell it was taking all of his might to not push her away. Her breath tickled his skin as she reached up to his ear and whispered, "There's no way out of this, Tom."

Aurora lightly kissed his cheek and placed both of her hands on his face. Touching him was electrifying to her and no matter how hard she wished for him to say yes, she wanted him to be jealous that Remington even had the nerve to kiss her in the first place. She wanted him to want her.

But there was silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devilish Aurora. I kinda like this side of her. The girl is a true Slytherin at heart.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?! I left it off in a cliffhanger, hehe. Tom said yes? Tom said no? Eh? Comment AQUI :)

Huge thank you's to whilethefirewasout, skyerocket., Lady of the Moon, wolfprincess1995, bff.till.life, WhoAreYouJudy, The Silver Snitch, JustThinking, Spiders From Mars, SparkUpTonight, and ztnewpete for their comments :)