Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

a new beginning

Sixth year.

A new beginning; a fresh start. And Aurora Jenkins was ready to take it by storm.

Her past year at Hogwarts was a crazy one. All with not being able to fit into the school and being accused of being a 'dark witch' and all–it was tiring and Aurora was done with it. Sixth year was going to be new and exciting and she was going to make it the best.

Aurora dragged her trunk along the corridors of the train as it started to pick up speed. She gave smiles to everyone who made eye contact with her and some even said, "Hi, Aurora."

Just as she reached the end, her old roommate, Beatrice Folly, came out of a compartment and almost crashed into her.

"Oh!" She exclaimed. When she saw who it was, she smiled and said, "Hey, Aurora."

"Hi, Beatice," Aurora smiled back.

"Looking for a compartment?"

Aurora nodded her head.

"Well, come join us, then." Beatrice opened the door and let her inside. The three other girls were in there, as well. Georgia Hayden, Madelyn Ahmed, and Annabelle Hawkins. They all greeted her kindly and let her sit beside Georgia.

The weird part about it was that they were being nice to her. When she first arrived last year, they were mean. They didn't like new girls and they especially didn't like her friendship with Remington Arias and James Hastings.

It seemed that they were over it now because they were nice to her. They let her in on their conversations, and they even let her in on their secrets about boys.

"Do you think Keegan Ross would talk to me?" Georgia asked. "I mean, we did snog after the O.W.L's..."

"Well, why wouldn't he talk to you?" Beatrice asked.

Georgia shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno. He's a seventh year, I'm a sixth year. He's captain of the Quidditch team and I am well, captain of nothing...we're very different!"

"Why did you snog in the first place?" Aurora piped up.

"We, uh, well," Georgia blushed. "He tutored me for the Potions exam. He's apart of the Slug Club and all, so he's pretty smart. We kinda fell in love after the first session. He's so sweet..."

Aurora couldn't help but snort. Georgia narrowed her eyes and she said, "What?"

"Well, I just don't believe in those 'love at first sight' things," she shrugged. "I believe you have to really get to know a person before you claim to love him..."

"Do you know Tom Riddle then?" Georgia snapped, in a joking matter.

She didn't expect that. She didn't know that people were starting to see what was really going on between the two of them. Tom wanted it to be kept a secret and who knows what he would do once he knew word got out? But nobody really knew. They just suspected it...right?

"Or is it Remington Arias?" Georgia continued.

Aurora's fake smile dropped. Remington. She had sent him numerous letters during the summer–most specifically, the first one that explained that Aurora didn't actually want to be with him, she just needed to do that so she could figure things out. Which was the truth, but not the real truth including Tom.

He hadn't replied to a single one.

"Georgia, stop it," Annabelle scolded, even though she seemed intrigued as well.

Did all of Hogwarts know?

Aurora let out a chuckle and thankfully, before she could say anything, the food trolley lady came around and asked if they wanted anything. She gladly got up and paid for some Pumpkin Pasties and Cauldron Cakes before her hand brushed against someones as they both tried to reach for some licorice wands.

"Oh, sorry."

Aurora looked up–it was Remington.

Once he saw that it was her, he stared at her for a second before turning around.

"Hey, Remington!" Aurora called, throwing the snacks into the compartment and running after him.

"Remington–wait!"

He slammed the compartment door shut just before she could slip in and she sighed. All of his friends (which she noticed was about half of the Gryffindor quidditch team) looked up at her in confusion and then at Remington, who sat the farthest away from her and pretended not to notice her.

"I really need to talk to you. Please?" Aurora begged.

Jamie Chase, the Gryffindor Keeper, nudged Remington and pointed to her. He said something that Aurora couldn't decipher, but whatever he said, it worked. Remington stood up and opened the compartment door and stepped out it, closing it behind him again.

"What?" he asked, in an exasperated voice.

"I–I'm sorry," Aurora said. "I don't think you understand how sorry I am..."

Remington pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger and he sighed. "It is him?"

"What?"

"Riddle. Is it Riddle?"

Aurora opened her mouth but closed it again. Remington understood, though. He nodded his head and put his hand on the door again but Aurora touched his arm.

"Remington, you're one of my closest friends here. I–I don't want to lose you. I am so sorry for kissing you, but I was confused, okay? Please," she begged again. "I don't want to lose my only friend."

Remington closed his eyes. When he opened them again he said, "I need time, okay?"

Aurora nodded her head. He gave her the smallest of smiles and went back inside. Aurora blew out a breath, feeling giant weights lift off her shoulders even if it was just the start. It could potentially get better.

Sixth year was definitely starting off on a good foot.

~

Tom watched the two of them from his compartment, not really sure of his feelings. Did he hate it? Was he okay with it? He didn't know the answers to those questions.

"You did it, didn't you?" Nott asked, excitedly.

Tom nodded his head, slowly, his eyes never leaving the her. He could practically hear Nott and Avery grin–that was how excited they were. Lestrange, on the other hand, stayed to his corner of the compartment and didn't say a word.

He always had a soft spot for Aurora.

"What will you do now?" Avery asked. "Do you think she'll stay your girlfriend. Do you think you'll fall in looooove?"

Tom's head snapped around to him and he hissed, "Shut up!"

Avery silenced himself and Tom rolled his eyes. Nott, the stupid boy, continued for him.

"It's obvious, though, isn't it? You have a thing for Aurora Jenkins. Why else would you pursue her this far? You could have gotten that Silver Gavazzi girl easily, but nope, you went for the hardest one. You know, there's a rumor that she's like both Slytherin and Gryffindor. Why else would she hang out with Arias?" He jerked his thumb towards them.

Tom stared at Nott. Even Lestrange turned his attention towards them. Tom leaned forwards, so his face was just mere inches away from Nott's, and he sneered, "There is no such thing as love, you imbecile."

He leaned back. "Take it from me, Nott, it is best you stay with the original plan. Not let any of that idiotic muggle stuff get in the way."

Not a single one of them looked at all believing of what he just said, but Tom leaned back and once Aurora and Remington finished talking, she turned around and did a slight double take at their compartment. She gave them a slight wave and Tom gave her a smirk, causing her to roll her eyes.

Tom didn't see it, but Nott and Avery, both, exchanged a glance. Something was going on and Tom Riddle was just too stubborn to believe it.

Either way, sixth year was starting out well for him, too. He was just a few steps away but he was closer–so very close.
♠ ♠ ♠
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH so with the Mibba crash I lost this chapter and of course, I don't have any of the chapters I write saved so I had to rewrite it again. RAGE. I hope it is very close to the last one.

I know some of you guys left comments last time but it would be super nice if you guys commented again? Also, it's my birthday tomorrow, so do it for that reason :)