Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

the best lieutenant

Tom waited almost ten minutes for Aurora to meet him. He was growing impatient and pacing around the tunnel with his hands behind his back, wondering what on earth was taking so long. However, soon enough, she came through the tunnel.

"Where have you been?" he hissed.

Aurora raised her eyebrows.

"I had to pick something nice to wear."

Tom stared. Was she being serious?

Apparently she was. Tom rolled his eyes and jerked his head, indicating to follow. Aurora instantly understood that they were going to go to Honeydukes, and her eyes lit up. She followed closely behind him as they continued the walk that always felt like it went on for forever. They got there, making sure that the owners weren't there–they weren't.

"So?"

Tom turned around.

"So..."

Aurora crossed her arms, leaning against the boxes of Fizzing Whisbees. He could see it in her eyes that she was reminiscing about the last time they snuck off to Honeydukes–they kissed quite passionately.

"Horcruxes," Aurora said.

"You've heard what they do," Tom scoffed. She looked a little shocked, but Tom knew her. She was curiouser than anyone else he had ever met in his entire life–probably more curious than him–and when he looked into her eyes that night, as everyone was leaving, he saw the flicker of doubt and that little notion that set off questions upon questions in her head.

Slughorn's door wasn't that soundproof.

"I–uh," she stammered but Tom rolled his eyes.

"Save it. You did nothing wrong, Rose," he smirked. "Anyways, Horcuxes. You know what they do–that is what I want."

"What?" Aurora looked confused.

"Immortality," Tom said, with an air of pride in his voice. "Who wouldn't want that?"

"I don't," Aurora looked disgusted. "Why would you want to live forever when everyone you know dies in front of your eyes? That sounds like the most painful thing a person could ever go through."

"And that is your flaw, Aurora," Tom said. "You're too humane–this is why people question your House pride."

"Not all Slytherins are like you," she spat. Tom raised his eyebrows. Oh, he absolutely loved whens he got feisty.

Aurora sighed and said, "Tom, why would you want immortality?"

"To live forever," Tom rolled his eyes.

Aurora was unamused. "Yes, Tom, I know the definition of immortality. I asked you why you wanted to live forever."

"To rule the world," he said, a smirk on his face.

Aurora was still unamused but Tom decided not to clear up the confusion that was actually the truth.

A silence fell over them as neither of them could think of anything to say to each other. Aurora was shocked, but it seemed to Tom that Aurora was fighting to urge to say something because she would occasionally open her mouth and then close it again. It certainly did not seem like it was about the Horcruxes, which was odd because was expecting a lecture or something.

"Are you going to kill me?!" Aurora blurted out.

"What?"

"To make Horcruxes, you have to kill someone. I heard that bit..." Aurora muttered. "Is it me? Is that why you've decided to keep me in your life? You eventually want to kill me...?"

"And wherever did you hear that?" Tom crossed his arms. "I don't plan on killing you, Aurora. You're more valuable to me than you might think."

"You say that a lot," Aurora said. "Like, a lot. I still have no idea what that even means."

Tom chuckled, but it was more of a bitter chuckle than a light and airy one. He stepped closer to her until their faces were mere centimeters away from each other. He could practically hear her pounding heartbeat and he smirked.

"You're fierce. You're loyal. You're passionate. You've got Dark blood in you. You're curious. You're brave. You're sly. You're conniving...sometimes," he added to the look she gave him. "I could go on...but most of all, Aurora, you're the best lieutenant."

She stared up at him. Her face was mixed with confusion and admiration. She didn't know what to feel.

"Lieutenant for what?" she asked, cautiously.

"It's inevitable the world will be at war," Tom shrugged. "Don't be so naive about that, Aurora. I plan to fight in that war and win it. I want you by my side."

"You do?"

He nodded. "You're more determined that any of those guys." He rolled his eyes, referring to Nott, Avery, and Lestrange. Aurora let out a giggle and Tom smirked.

A silence fell over them again as Tom successfully got Aurora on his side again. He always had to be cautious around her because she was more moralistic than anyone else he had ever met. He had to use his words carefully–which wasn't a problem because one thing Tom took pride in of himself was his charm.

Aurora tugged at his robes, absentmindedly, with something on her mind. Tom was getting annoyed that she wasn't saying it already because he could tell that it was eating at her since she entered the tunnel.

She looked up into his eyes and pulled him closer, which he let her do. Their lips met halfway and Tom could practically feel Aurora melt in his arms. He wrapped his arms around her to keep her steady.

This kiss wasn't like all the others. They were passionate and warm. Tom always felt that sort of electricity run through him–something he never felt before unless he's kissing Aurora Jenkins. This one was as though Aurora was trying too hard–like she was trying to prove herself of something.

Tom broke off from the kiss and asked, exasperated. "What is it?"

Aurora looked up at him with wide eyes and then she sighed. realizing that she just had to tell him.

"Tom, I have to tell you something...and after hearing that speech, you might not like it," she admitted.

Tom raised his eyebrows.

She sighed and closed her eyes. She fished around in her robes and pulled out a piece of parchment. She stared at it for a good two second before handing it him. He looked at her and then at the parchment and opened it up.

It was a letter...from her. It was the letter that she wrote in the meadow after she found out about the moving situation. Tom opened it up and read:

Dear Tom,

All my life, I have been uprooted. I mean, at the age of two, I came to the orphanage. Then at the age of eight, I left and moved into my current house in London. It's been a field day having to move to some country and then come back.

I'm moving again. I don't know where, exactly, but it's close to Durmstrang. My father is an Auror and for some reason, the Ministry is thinking of moving us. I hate moving, I like staying in one place. I don't have to keep making new friends–you know how well I am that.

I've been given a personal choice: Hogwarts or Durmstrang?

Believe me, it's a dilemma in my eyes. I know you would choose Hogwarts, any day, but I'm in a serious pickle about this, Tom.

All of my friends are at Durmstrang. My cousin is at Durmstrang. People actually like me at Durmstrang. And Hogwarts? Well, at Hogwarts, I have you. That's it, right? I mean, people ignore me there. I have no real friends.

I don't know, Tom. Maybe this year will start to look up for me? I have high hopes that maybe it will. I mean, I am on your side now, right? You won't unleash a monster again–because I will actually stop you again.

Anyways, take care, Tom. I'll see you soon.

Love,
Aurora


Tom looked up at her.

"I wrote that when I found out, which was a month ago, during summer. I need to give my parents an answer as soon as possible because we're moving in a couple weeks," Aurora said, quietly.

"What are you leaning towards?" Tom asked, simply. He skimmed through the letter again, hoping that his eyes were playing tricks on him but...Aurora was leaving?

Aurora shrugged. "This year has been looking up for me, but I can leave it all behind. Durmstrang, it was so hard to leave because of my friends and my family. And my family! We just reconciled over the whole biological parents thing and we're going to be so far apart if I stay here...I just don't know."

"What do you want me to do?" Tom snapped.

Aurora looked taken aback–that wasn't the answer she was looking for.

"I was–I was just hoping that somehow I'd find a reason to stay through you..." she said, a little anger in her voice.

Tom was mad, but he didn't want to show it. How was it possible that he wanted a girl stay at Hogwarts, with him, forever? Tom Riddle never felt those emotions before–they simply did not exist. It wasn't possible.

"I love you!" Aurora blurted out, breathing heavily as though that was what she had been trying to say.

And those were the words. Tom stared at her, completely flabbergasted but Aurora was standing her ground–just like he knew she would. The girl he knew all his life was in love with him. So many memories were zipping through his mind from when they were just mere friends, having each other's backs at the orphanage. Then, seeing her for the first time in years only a couple seats away in the Great Hall. Sitting next to her in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Sneaking around. Kissing...

There was so much to Aurora Jenkins.

"I'm–I'm in love with you, Tom," Aurora said, touching his arm. "I want to stay here for you and especially after all those things you said about me? No one has ever said that about me. I love you, Tom, I really do."

Tom took a step back, away from her touch. He looked at the girl again–the only girl he ever let in as far as he did. She was best for him, he knew that.

But Tom had a plan–a plan he had been brewing for so long. He would never let a girl get in the way–even if she was initially supposed to be apart of the plan. He was going to take over the world with his best lieutenant by his side. No love, nothing. Just power.

So, with that, Tom looked at her, his eyes piercing daggers into her as he watched a tear fall from her eyes because it was like she knew what was coming.

"There is no such thing as love, Aurora."
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa man. Now you see why Bellatrix is the next best lieutenant ;)

2 more to go! I'm so sad now. This story is my baby.

I know, I know I promised you guys a Draco Malfoy story after this was finished, but um, I'm delaying that a little bit. I will for sure start it again sometime soon, so it won't go away, I'm just not going to repost the first chapter again for a little while. Sorry!

Join my contest! :)

Thank you for the comments! I love you guys, I really do ;)