Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

the girl in blue

A shrieking laugh pierced the room and thudding footsteps echoed all across the manor. He looked up from his throne–another catch, it seemed. He looked at Lucius, who only stared blankly in the direction the noise was coming from.

"We've got two more, my Lord," a female voice entered and said, excitedly.

Bellatrix hoisted one of them up–a female–and Mulciber the other–a male.

"Get off me, you fiend!" the male shouted, trying to shove Mulciber off, but he only laughed and strengthened his grip.

"Aurors, they are," Mulciber said. "They almost had Rodolphus captive until we got there," he grinned at Bellatrix. "They couldn't put up a fight once four of us got there! Ha!"

Lord Voldemort peered closer at the two hostages. He couldn't see their faces properly but he glanced at Lucius again, who stepped off from his side by his Lord and strode over to the girl and Bellatrix.

He snapped something off the girl's neck and held it up in the light, examining it.

"Hey!" the girl shrieked.

Bellatrix laughed maniacally and said, giddily, "I want to keep that! That is, if it is alright with you, my Lord."

Except Lord Voldemort wasn't listening. He stood up from his throne and stepped down, towards Lucius. He took the necklace from him and stared at it. It was blue and crystal and looked so familiar, that his eyes snapped to the girl.

"Get out," he said, in a low voice.

"What–" Bellatrix started but Voldemort raised his voice, and he boomed, "GET OUT!"

Bellatrix, Lucius, and Mulciber were taken aback but they obeyed orders. Once they left the room, Voldemort flicked his wand and all doors and windows were sealed so shut, not a single sound could be heard coming in or out.

The girl looked up at him, confused. She looked exactly how she had all those years ago, only a little bit older. A few wrinkles here and there, but her eyes were as alive as ever. Did she know who he was?

"Aurora Jenkins," he stated.

"I demand you release me and my partner this instant!" Aurora said, trying to contain herself. "We are Ministry workers and–"

"This necklace," Voldemort cut her off. "Your mother gave it to you, no?"

"How–" Aurora started, startled. "How could you possibly know that?"

He knelt down before her and he stared into her eyes. She leaned back slightly, so she didn't fall, and her breath hitched in her throat. She knew about Lord Voldemort, but not enough. He was suddenly making her feel things that she hadn't felt in a long time.

"Hello, Rose," Voldemort said, softly.

Aurora gasped and she fell back. The boy exclaimed, "Aurora!" and Voldemort glanced at him. He almost forgot he was there.

"Y–You," Aurora pointed at him. "No! H–How could it be possible?"

He stood up and he helped Aurora up, too. She stepped away from him and she stared at him, awed.

"Tom?" Aurora whispered. "Oh, my God."

She didn't know if she should be happy or upset that she was seeing Tom again, after so many years. She spent years crying over the boy, heartbroken. She was in love with him and she didn't know how to stop.

The boy stood up, as well.

"Riddle?"

"Remington Arias," Voldemort stated, not looking at him. "You two are...partners?"

Aurora nodded, looking down.

"What are you going to do with us?" Remington asked, getting the courage that Aurora didn't have to ask the vital question. "That–that woman said that we were going to die. Are you going to kill us?"

Voldemort said nothing.

"What happened to you, Tom?" Aurora took a step forward. Remington's hand shot out to stop her but she dodged it. "You're He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and You–Know–Who..."

He only smirked, but it vanished from the look on Aurora's face.

"I waited for you, you know," Voldemort said, finally. "Once Hogwarts was finished, I asked Dumbledore where you were living but he said he didn't have the right to give me that information. I still waited for you to come join me."

"Join you?!" Remington spat. "Aurora would never join you!"

Voldemort narrowed his eyes at him and started to pull his wand, but Aurora's hand shot out and touched his arm. She immediately recoiled when his head snapped back to her.

"How did you become...this?" Aurora whispered, suddenly touching his snake-like face.

"I've always wanted to become...this," he replied.

"You're killing innocent people," she said, "how could ever want that?"

"Muggles and muggle-borns have no place amongst us."

Aurora shook her head and she stepped away.

"This is why I will never join you, Tom," the tears welled up in her eyes, just like it had, the last time she had to say goodbye. "I'd rather die than than kill innocent people."

Something in him snapped–like the long repressed feelings that he never allowed to resurface ever again. Aurora was the last person he let in like he did. Voldemort grabbed her by her robes and pulled her so close, their faces were millimeters away from touching.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Remington shouted, pulling his wand out. Voldemort directed his wand towards Remington and a blast went off and it threw him against the wall, knocking him unconscious.

Aurora's breath and heartbeat were syncopated and out of control, as fear started to take over. She never felt so scared in her life.

"I should kill you and him," he hissed, jerking his head towards Remington. "You have caused me nothing but grief, Aurora."

"Then kill me!" she shouted. "I was in love with you for so long and you will never understand what I went through with you!"

Voldemort let go of her, harshly, and he turned and screamed.

"I made a mistake," he said, after calming down, "I wanted you to be by my side and we would rule this world together, Aurora," he turned around and faced her, "we could have done so much. It could've been our world!"

He suddenly appeared in front of her, causing her to yelp in surprise.

"No, you're too good," he said, quietly. "You're too good. You're fierce. You're loyal. You're passionate. You've got Dark blood in you. You're curious. You're brave. You're sly..." Aurora gasped as she remembered those exact words that he uttered to her in Honeydukes.

"You're the best lieutenant."

"Don't...." Aurora whispered.

Voldemort turned around and strode over to Remington, who was starting to come around.

"Get up," he hissed, pulling him up by the arm.

"What are you going to do to him?!" Aurora asked, panicking.

He brought the two of them together and Remington took her hand in his. Voldemort tried his best to ignore that and he said,

"You're going to run away. Far, far away from here so no one can ever find you and bring you back, because if you come back, you will die."

"What–" Remington started but Voldemort cut him off.

"You're already dead. Everyone will think I have killed you because no man ever escapes Lord Voldemort," his eyes traveled to Aurora's, who's looked hurt, just like it had just before she left. The hurt that he caused. He looked at Remington, narrowing his eyes, "If I ever find out that anything has happened to her or she is dead, I will personally seek to your death."

Remington nodded his head, holding Aurora closer to him.

"There is a secret passageway there," Voldemort pointed to a door on the other side of the room. "No one will see you."

"Why are you letting us go?" Aurora spoke up. She was shaking.

Tom Riddle gave her one last smirk. She understood and she nodded her head. He watched them run towards the door, their wands ready, and just as Aurora was about to slip through the door first, she looked back at him and suddenly ran towards him.

"Aurora!" Remington exclaimed.

She hurled herself into his body, staining his robes with her tears and she whispered in his ear,

"I never stopped loving you."

She placed a soft and gentle kiss on his cheek and then ran away. He watched them from the window as they ran as far as they possibly could, until they were mere specks in the distance and he sighed, his chest feeling heavy.

"My Lord?" Lucius came in. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, Lucius," Lord Voldemort replied. He heard the door shut again as Lucius left and he glanced down at his hand, where he clutched the blue necklace. He stared at it for a very long time and he placed it in his pocket, where eventually, he would put it beside his bed and keep there until he could no longer remember Aurora Jenkins.

The girl in blue was gone forever and he was okay with that, because he knew that she was out there somewhere, doing what she always did–being a fighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END


You know, I was originally going to kill Aurora off but I just couldn't do it. I legitimately want to cry because this is my only Harry Potter story active right now and it was my first HP story on this site too so it's like my baby. I actually cannot believe this is over even though I actually wanted to rush the ending. It's been over a year and might I say that it's been a good year. This story has had good times and bad–all my fault–but I'm proud of how far this has come.

I know that this ending is kind of sad, but it's happy in a sense that Tom/Voldemort showed some sort of act of love by letting Aurora and Remington go and live out their lives somewhere where he knew they would be happy and alive. He's kinda like a martyr.

The biggest thank you's ever go out to these people: kailixx, dreamer4life247, skyerocket., Karen the Ripper., Chidorifool101, WhoAreYouJudy, Always and Forever., Me Gusta., God of Mischief, JustThinking, MusicsSoul, violetkarma, Lady of the Moon, venture;;, steph goes rawr., iwishxthat, and Dark.Eyed.Dreamer for commenting in the last chapter <3
Please leave your last thoughts! I would love to know what you think and I'd love to personally thank each and every one of you for reading this story and sticking by it. :)

I am not doing a sequel to this...I don't really know how with an ending like this. However, like I said in the previous chapters, I am going to [re]start a Draco Malfoy story called Sea Monster sometime in the near future. I would love it if you subscribed. I have a lot in store for it :)

Thank you guys again sooooooooooooo much. You're the best!
Love, Raveena :)