Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

gryffindors, ravenclaws, hufflepuffs and slytherins

The light October breeze blew through her brown hair when she stepped off the stone steps leading up to the Hogwarts castle, just to enjoy some nice weather on a weekend.

Being the new girl, Aurora had already finished her homework the night before. More due to her anger and frustration at Tom Riddle than her nerves on being a good student at a new school.

When she woke up that Saturday morning, she still felt aggravated at the boy...and her roommates.

They all had woken up before her and Georgia and Madelyn, especially, all thought it would be funny to rudely awake her. They used their wands to create ruckus, making sounds of pots banging together, loud sirens, and screaming people. Aurora had jolted awake and almost fallen off the bed.

Beatrice and Annabelle were only slightly amused and left her there as the four of them walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast, cackling as they descended the girls staircase.

Aurora sighed and sat down beneath a large tree that was vacated except for the occasional owl or other animal.

She closed her eyes and sighed again. Hogwarts was definitely better than Durmstrang, but at least there, she had friends. At Hogwarts, people made fun of her and teased her. Even Annabelle, who she had decided was her walking buddy, refused to talk to her, probably because she would be rejected by Madelyn and Georgia.

"Hey, you," Aurora opened an eye and looked up to see a blonde boy look down at her.

"Can I help you?" She asked, politely.

"Yes, by leaving." He rolled his eyes. "My friend and I sit here all the time."

Aurora peered around. The boy was alone.

"Um, where's your friend?" She asked, unabashed by his presence or words.

The boy looked around and then shrugged. "He's taking a tea break," but then broke out into a smile, letting Aurora release her tension and chuckle back.

He sat down next to her and said, "You're the new girl right?"

She nodded slowly, ready to pull out her wand if he mentioned Slughorn or Dumbledore in his next sentence. But he didn't, and she sighed in relief.

"That's brilliant. We have the same Defense Against the Dark Arts class." He grinned. Aurora's jaw dropped, "You're a Gryffindor?!"

He nodded. "But I'm not like some people when it comes to hating on Slytherin's. I actually don't mind...except for when it comes to Quidditch. Then I hate you."

Aurora laughed. The boy suddenly face palmed himself, letting his blonde, shaggy hair drop into his eyes and he said, "I'm so rude. My name is Remington Arias." He grinned brightly.

She smiled at Remington and nodded her head. "Nice to meet you, Remington."

"Anyways," Remington went on and talked about Quidditch and his favorite teams, which were scattered all across Europe. But Aurora, who knew quite a lot about the sport, nodded along while examining him.

He looked well-built, lean and slightly muscular, not too skinny. His hair was a blob of blonde that fell into his eyes a lot, and he always brushed it away and his eyes were green, that looked like the color of leaves.

"So," He said, once he realized that the conversation died.

"You're a Gryffindor..." Aurora stated the first thing that was on her mind, so that if a silence ensued, her only supposed new friend would not ve driven away.

He nodded. "My entire family is a Gryffindor."

Before either of them could say anything on the subject of houses and heritage, a dark skinned boy came along and he shouted, "Remington!"

"James!" He stood up and the two did the universal man hug and James turned around and peered down at Aurora.

"Hi," He grinned brightly. "I'm James."

"I'm Aurora." She smiled, sweetly. James nodded and said, "Good to meet you, madam."

"Let's sit down." Remington took his seat beside Aurora again and James took a seat in front of the two, but closer to Remington.

"You're the new Slytherin, right?" James asked. Even though it got extremely annoying with how many of those questions she got, James just gave off a playful aura that she couldn't resist. She nodded her head and said, "Are you a Gryffindor as well?"

"Nah," He shook his head. "I'm a Ravenclaw."

"Oh." Aurora said, amused. "Intra-house relationships seem to be popular amongst all the houses except for Slytherin's then, eh?"

James and Remington laughed and then pondered before realizing how true that statement was. Slytherin's were very conserved, unlike the rest of the houses.

When the three of them looked out they had noticed the proof. James and Remington pointed out a large group of girls that consisted of two Hufflepuff girls, a Gryffindor, and three Ravenclaw's. They all looked like they were having a blast while they played with a large tentacle that belonged to the Giant Squid.

The looked over near the entrance of Hogwarts and saw a group that was just solely Slytherin girls. Unfortunately, they were Aurora's roommates, who were laughing obnoxiously at something.

When James and Remington started to talk about classes, Aurora half listened as she fascinated herself with the students of Hogwarts. With the scatter of the many Gryffindor's, Ravenclaw's, Hufflepuff's and Slytherin's.

Aurora did a double take when she saw, by a large tree almost identical to the one she was sitting under, Tom Riddle. He was not alone, in fact, he was surrounded by a fairly large group of boys who were all Slytherin's.

She stared as Tom talked to them about something that must have been serious because none of the boys had a single trace of laughter. But she did see hints of mischievous smiles.

"Oh, Tom Riddle." Remington said, noticing Aurora had gazed off.

"What do you know about him?" She asked.

"He's just brilliant in the mind." James shrugged. "He always has a group of boys following him around...Nott, Avery, Lestrange...there are more, but I can't seem to remember their names."

"I've never seen Riddle speak to anyone except for them." Remington added. "He likes to keep to himself, usually."

Aurora nodded, still staring at him as he leaned back against the tree and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He must have noticed her staring because he glanced over at her, but suddenly did a double take himself.

She quickly turned away from him and focused her attention on James who was telling Remington a ridiculous joke about a wizard and a ghost who walked into a bar.

When she looked back, he was still staring, and even though she was far away from him, she could still see the look on his face.

Aurora didn't understand the reason as to why his expression was so jumbled with emotions. It was a mixture of confusion, anger and...no matter how hard she tried to convince herself it wasn't real, it was still in the back of her mind that it was true.

Jealousy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
This amazingly awesome banner was made by my wonderful friend skyerocket. :)

Thaaaaank you to the coolest people everrrrrr: whilethefirewasout, skyerocket., and PirateWolf17 :) More comments would be even cooler, though!