Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

hey jealousy

"I saw you with Arias and Hastings," a voice said, making Aurora jump out of her skin. She spun around, and faced the boys staircase, as she stepped onto the girls'.

"Okay..." Aurora said to Tom, who leaned against the stone wall.

"They are Gryffindor and Ravenclaw." He stated.

"Yeah. Really nice ones too." Aurora defended them. She had spent that entire time with Remington and James and they were funny and kind, and she had completely forgotten that they were of different Houses.

"Oh how much you know, Rose." Riddle scoffed. "You know nothing about Remington Arias and James Hastings."

"Well," She shrugged. "They seem to be the only ones who actually made an effort to be my friend. I don't care what house they are in."

"I'm telling you, Rose," Tom stepped down and walked a little closer to her. His dark brown eyes gleamed. "They're bad news. Their entire group is."

"I'm afraid I just don't care, Tom." She shrugged again, trying to not let his words get to him, even though they were. Her heart felt heavy, but she just made two new friends from the zero she had started with.

"Aurora," He said, sternly, but she had cut him off, "Why are you telling me this? You are the one who told me to stay away from you. And you know what?" She said, throwing her arms up in frustration. "I'm hearing a lot about you and your little entourage. Why should I trust you over anyone else?"

Tom was silent. He stared at Aurora for a second, watching her as she calmed herself down from the mini explosion she got in her heart.

He finally let it go. "Fine," and he turned around and Aurora watched him walk up the boys' staircase up to his dormitory.

Aurora stayed in the common room for a few more minutes before she also went up to her dormitory, ready to change out into more comfortable clothing for lunch time. But what she heard a little glimpse of outside the door, maybe her stay rooted to the spot and pressed her ear against the door.

"Did you see Jenkins with Remington and James?" Madelyn exclaimed, incredulously.

"Mhm." Georgia agreed. "Why was she fraternizing with the fittest boys at this school?"

"They are friendly." Beatrice commented. "I mean, I know you may not want to believe it, but James and Remington are social butterflies."

"They have never spoken to me," Georgia whined. "But they go and talk to Aurora Jenkins."

"Maybe you should give her more credit?" Annabelle suggested. Aurora almost exclaimed in joy; would she finally be recognized in her own dormitory?

"No." Madelyn said. "She's a Durmstrang. But James, ugh, that boy..." She trailed off. Aurora could imagine her twirling her blonde hair.

"I like Remington..." Georgia said, dreamily.

Aurora decided that next moment to burst through the door. When she did, the four girls looked up. Annabelle and Beatrice were smiling but the other two girls' smiled vanished and they said,

"So, Jenkins," Georgia said. "Heard you were becoming friendly with the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw boys."

Aurora shrugged. "I've been told mixed things about them."

"Oh?" Madelyn asked, interested.

"According to Tom Riddle," She started. "They are 'bad news'. Is that true?"

Georgia scoffed. "Riddle would never like a Ravenclaw and especially a Gryffindor. He's all about Slytherin." She rolled her eyes and examined her fingernails.

"Oh, okay." Aurora nodded her head.

As the four roommates started to file out, to go down to the Great Hall and eat their lunch, Georgia stopped and said, "Maybe you can stop fraternizing with those boys and become friends with Tom Riddle, since he tells you everything."

Aurora rolled her eyes, sighing because she had that possibility of having another friend, but she couldn't help but overanalyze Riddle.

If it were her in his position, Aurora may not admit it, but she would probably say, in years time, that she was jealous.

Aurora hoped that Tom's words were just from jealousy and not the truth.

All her friends left her alone, including him. She just needed someone, and she wasn't going to let Tom Riddle ruin everything for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thank you's are in order: skyerocket., whilethefirewasout, the right girl :)