Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

hogsmeade

A whole week went by in a huge blur to Aurora because nothing special had happened that week. She got to her classes alright, even without Annabelle, and they all went smoothly. Including Defense Against the Dark Arts, where she still sat next to Riddle.

The two just ignored each other, except for whenever Remington would throw something at her to get her attention, Tom would shoot her a glare and scoot away from her as far as possible without anyone noticing how much he didn't want to be near her.

Annabelle had started to say at least some words to her. She said things like, "Did you do the homework?" or "Did you happen to catch what Binns said about Dark Magic?"

It probably wasn't anything to Annabelle, but it meant a lot to Aurora.

Hogsmeade weekend came and everyone wouldn't stop talking about it the entire week. Thankfully for Aurora, her parents had told her everything about the village, and she was excited. Her parents gladly signed the permission form, making her even more excited.

"Do you think they would be at Three Broomsticks?" Madelyn asked in a hushed voice to Beatrice, as they got dressed to leave. Aurora walked in in the middle of their conversation.

Beatrice shrugged her shoulders. "I know they would definitely be in Zonko's."

Madelyn grinned brightly and she said, "I am so excited!"

The two girls stalked out of the dormitory, leaving Aurora alone, even though they probably had not noticed that she had entered anyway.

But Aurora was excited herself. Not because of all that she would be able to finally see, but because Remington had caught up with her after their Defense Against the Dark Arts class that Friday and asked if her she wanted to go to Hogsmeade with him and James.

"Of course I will!" She exclaimed. Remington grinned and said, "Great! I will see you there, then," and he went off to his next class.

Aurora stepped down the steps of the Hogwarts castle on the day of the visit and was about to look around to see if she could spot James or Remington. She suddenly felt someone slam into her and push her forward, almost enough to make her fall, but she caught her balance.

"Watch it, Durmstrang!" A boy she did not even recognize called back, running away while his friends trailed behind and laughed at her as well.

Before she knew it, the boy was suddenly knocked off his feet and lifted into the air, as though his foot was caught in a rope hanging from a tree or something.

"What the--" He shouted, as he was thrown around in the air. "HELP ME!"

Aurora watched in awe and looked down to see if she could possibly be doing that, but her wand was tucked safely away in her robes, and she didn't know enough non verbal spells to do that.

She looked around as everyone watched the boy slam into a tree and fall unconscious and tried to see if she could see anyone muttering something under their breath, but she couldn't see a single person.

Slughorn waddled as fast as he could over and examined the boy while everyone within a good few kilometers watched in shock.

"He's fine!" Slughorn announced, hoisting himself up and then conjuring up a stretcher with his wand.

"Whoa, that was intense." Aurora heard Remington snicker behind her. When she turned around there stood the two boys and they both grinned at her. "I wonder who did that though."

"Probably a Slytherin." James snorted, but then he realized Aurora was in his presence and quickly added, "Just kidding, it could be anyone."

Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Shall we go, then?" James asked, clearing his throat. She nodded her head and walked with the two boys beside her.

Aurora felt stares on her as she walked along with the two boys. The students looking at her were most definitely from Slytherin because all of the others that she saw from different houses, only glanced, not without suspicion.

Madelyn, Georgia, Beatrice and Annabelle, she saw, had their jaws to the ground (mostly just Madelyn and Georgia, Beatrice and Annabelle looked unfazed).

"Hi, James!" Madelyn stormed over while Georgia followed her. The two girls stood before them and Aurora turned a bright shade of red, afraid that the two girls would take her friends away.

"Uh," James looked at Remington and Aurora. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't remember your name..."

Madelyn's face fell and she shook her head, "I'm in your Herbology class! Madelyn Ahmed!"

Aurora stared, amused as James, who sounded like he still had no clue who the girl was in front him exclaimed, "Oh yeah!"

Madelyn's face brightened up and she turned to Georgia and said to Remington, "This is Georgia."

"Hello, Georgia." Remington saluted.

"I'm sorry, ladies, " James said, uncomfortably. He must have realized what Madelyn and Georgia were trying to get at. "But we are on strict business to show our good friend, Aurora," He glanced down at her and shot her a dazzling smile, "the great village of Hogsmeade!"

"So we must head off!" Remington exclaimed, adopting the same voice as James and they both lightly pushed her forward and they sped up their walking, so they could get around to all the shops...and also to get away from Georgia and Madelyn.

"See you in...uh, Care of Magical Creatures!" James exclaimed.

Aurora burst into laughter. "Herblogy, idiot." She smirked. "They are my roommates."

Remington's jaw dropped. "They are your roommates?!"

"That must be pleasant." James snorted sarcastically. Aurora grinned and finally, the three of them entered Hogsmeade.

"I say we go to Zonko's first." Remington had a malicious look in his eyes and he deadpanned for the joke shop that she had heard so much about.

Aurora, Remington and James went around to every single shop including the cafe-like ones, leaving the Three Broomsticks for last, but in every shop Aurora was amazed. Her parents had told her about everything, leaving out no detail about all the shops that were there when they attended Hogwarts, and Aurora could not even imagine that they looked like they were.

She had bought things that the two boys guaranteed would be worth having, ranging from gadgets from Zonko's to chocolates from Honeydukes, so her hands were overflowing with bags.

Aurora felt a little awkward but she soon realized she was not the only one to have both her hands full.

She dumped all of her things down at a table that James had chosen and plopped down as the two of them waited for Remington to bring back mugs of butterbeer.

"You have had butterbeer, right?" James inquired, because things have surprised him about her.

She nodded her head and grinned. Remington came back and set down the mugs in front of them.

"Did you like it so far?" Remington asked, taking a sip. Aurora nodded her head vigorously and said, "It was so much better than I expected!"

The two boys grinned and the three of them chattered about the many different things that amused them.

Aurora looked around, the place was blustering with Hogwarts students and even teachers. She glanced around, taking notice of her roommates in a corner, Georgia and Madelyn kept glancing over at them, and when she looked away, in another corner, she saw Tom Riddle.

She did a double take and stared at him with his group of friends, which were much smaller than the last time she saw them. Riddle was looking unamused as he sat back and people-watched. None of them were speaking, unlike last time.

Riddle suddenly glanced over at Aurora, and she quickly looked away, fascinating herself with what Remington was talking about. She continued to listen even though she wanted to, so badly, look back at Tom.

"It was the funniest thing in--oh, hello, Riddle." Remington cut himself off. Aurora looked up at Tom Riddle, who was standing before them with an unreadable expression etched onto his face.

"What brings you to our table?" James asked, confused, considering neither of them had spoken a single word to Tom, except for maybe, "Could you pass the bezoar?"

Tom ignored his question and stared down at Aurora. "I need to speak to you."

"Um, what?" Aurora asked, stupidly.

Tom rolled his eyes but he didn't repeat himself. He started to walk away from the table and Aurora stood up and followed before Remington caught her arm and said, "Holler if something goes wrong."

Aurora nodded her head slowly as she watched Riddle's figure leave the Three Broomsticks. She slowly followed behind him.

What did Riddle want?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Super cool banner made by KaulanaRose. I dig the font :)

Thaaaaaaaank you to whilethefirewasout, jazzy512, perfectionist326, skyerocket., KaulanaRose :)