Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

the promise breaker

"I'm not going to yell at you for hanging out with Arias and Hastings, if thats what you are thinking." Tom leaned against the pillar, far away from The Three Broomsticks.

"Okay, then what?" Aurora asked, leaving at least six feet between the two of them.

Tom rolled his eyes at her action. He scooted closer to her, while Aurora took a step back, on instinct. She stared at him as he nodded his head and took another step back.

"Lestrange has a thing for you." Tom said.

Aurora felt like she was hit with a ton of bricks. That was definitely not what she expected to hear from Tom Riddle.

"Um, what?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

He nodded his head, his dark hair shaking with him. "He told me the other day."

"Okay..." Aurora did not have a clue as to why she would care. Lestrange was an odd person, from all that she saw during class and at lunch or dinner. He was strange and she didn't like him. It also had to do with him always hanging around with Tom...

"Did you like what I did to Berry?" He has a sly smirk on his face.

"Berry?" She asked. But from the look on his face she guessed that it was the boy who ran into her earlier that day. She gasped. "You did that?!"

Tom nodded with the sly smirk still etched on his face.

"Why would you do that?!" She exclaimed. "You really hurt him."

He only rolled his eyes and uncrossed his arms. "He needs to learn how to walk properly. He keeps running into you, Rose."

"So? Let him. I'd rather him do that than almost dead!" Aurora almost screamed. How could he do such a thing? As amusing as it was to watch, Aurora didn't tolerate such violence. even at the orphanage, she scolded him about that.

Wait, did it mean something?

"Wait, why did you do it?" Aurora asked. "If it was Madelyn Ahmed, would you do that for her?"

Tom's smirk was slapped off his face and his eyes turned cold and hard. He looked away from Aurora and shook his head, "I've always done this for you," He whispered.

"Um, what?" She said, louder, not hearing his clearly. But she had a faint idea of what he said, but she couldn't believe it.

Tom cleared his throat and looked past her shoulder, into the open door of the Three Broomsticks, and jerked his head in that direction.

"Looks like your roommates are stealing your, ah, friends."

Aurora spun around and looked at the table she had left. Tom was right. Georgia and Madelyn were sitting in her seat and the one next to her, chatting with James and Remington and they were laughing, like they were having a great time.

Aurora turned back around and smiled at Tom. "Whatever you are doing, it's not working."

Tom rolled his eyes. "If you don't want to believe then fine, Aurora, don't. You can learn the hard way that your friends just use people and leave people all the time."

Aurora shook her head. "I don't know why you would tell me this, Tom."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm looking out for you."

"And why would you do that?" She exclaimed. "You told me clearly that I should stay away from you. THAT IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO, TOM!"

Tom stood silent in front of her. His dark eyes watched her and she just rolled her eyes and turned around but Tom caught her wrist and pulled her back.

Aurora, on instinct, pulled her wand out and was read to use it. Tom let go of her and raised his hands up.

"Okay, okay, Aurora." He backed off. Aurora's wand stayed put and she stared at him, coldly. "Tom, just answer my question."

"What?" He asked.

Aurora lowered her wand. "What do you want from me?"

Tom stared at her and he shrugged his shoulders. "I want nothing from you, Rose."

"You know," She scoffed. "I had this elaborate plan of wanting to get closer to you so I can figure out what your problem is. I wanted the Tom Riddle that was my friend back because I missed him. But James and Remington have proved to be better friends to me than you ever have, Tom. I've only been here for a week and you are already causing all of my problems."

Tom faced reddened and she saw the anger boil in him.

"I have done so much for you, Aurora. Back at that--that place and even here. I haven't caused any problems for you, you have."

"Do you want to be my friend or no, Tom? Answer truthfully." Aurora pressed.

Tom's jaw clenched and he walked closer to her. Aurora's heartbeat sped up as she looked into his eyes and he whispered, "We made a promise, Aurora. We'd never leave each other, but you broke that promise."

"I had no choice, Tom." She whispered back. Tom's eyes flickered around and he said, "We will never be friends, Rose, but that doesn't mean I won't break that promise."

"Why not?" She asked.

Tom eyes flickered again and she wanted to see what he kept looking at but Tom's next words caught her off guard.

"I'm do exactly what I am told. I don't break promises, Aurora." He pulled away and stepped away from her, back into the Three Broomsticks.

When Aurora turned around, her face met when the chest of Remington.

"Bloody hell, your roommates are ridiculous." He panted, glancing back. James was walked towards them holding Aurora's stuff.

"What did they do?" She asked, a smile on her face.

"They won't shut up." James gritted his teeth. He handed her her stuff and they turned around.

"What did Riddle want?" Remington asked.

"Something about homework, I don't know." Aurora shrugged, thinking of a lie.

"Oh, okay." James said, sounding unconvinced, but Aurora didn't care. She felt drained and exhausted.

When they turned around to go back to the castle and call it a day, Aurora immediately knew what Tom Riddle kept looking it.

It was Professor Dumbledore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Judas by Lady Gaga is a brilliant song.
And Tom Riddle is a confusing character. Poor kid is conflicted.

thaaaaaaaaaank you to whilethefirewasout, Life of the Party;, skyerocket., perfectionist326, xXxpeebeejayxXx, jazzy512 :)