Status: COMPLETED.

The Girl in Blue

professor dumbledore

"Hello, Miss Jenkins, Mr. Arias, Mr. Hastings." Dumbledore acknowledged all three of us. His blue eyes twinkled down at us, even though I knew he wanted to speak to me about something important. Something related to Tom.

"Greetings, Professor." James bowed down slightly. Dumbledore chuckled at him and said, "Fine weather, is it not? Are you having a wonderful time at Hogsmeade?"

Remington nodded his head. "The best time of year, Professor. We were honored with showing Aurora everything about this place."

"I'm glad you had fun. Miss Jenkins, may I have a word with you?" He asked. Remington and James took that as a cue to leave and Remington, so nicely, took her bags for her and whispered, "We'll wait for you inside."

Dumbledore did not look disappointed or angry, which relieved Aurora, but she was still nervous. Dumbledore was just that type of man.

"I saw you with Mr. Riddle earlier today." He said.

Aurora nodded her head. "Yes, sir."

"Is he doing you well?" He inquired, the twinkling was still in his eye.

Aurora didn't say anything, but thankfully, Dumbledore continued the conversation, "Mr. Riddle is a different character, if I must say. He's from an upbringing in which you are familiar of, Miss Jenkins." He smiled at her. "I have been keeping a close eye on him ever since he started at this school."

"He certainly is a different character, Professor." Aurora agreed. "But I think he just needs some help."

"Are you offering it, Miss Jenkins?"

"N--no." She shook her head. "I mean, I can't. No matter what I do, Tom won't do anything about it. I'm afraid I have no influence on him."

"We will see about that." Dumbledore said. He nodded to Aurora and said, "I must be off. Good day, Miss Jenkins."

Aurora walked off in the path that James and Remington took. What did Dumbledore mean when he said, 'We'll see about that.'? Usually, when people say that, they have something planned or something.

"Hey!" Remington waved, as he and James sat at the steps of Hogwarts. Aurora reached them, still with Riddle and Dumbledore on her mind.

"Hey, what did Dumbledore want?" James asked, handing her her bags. Aurora just shrugged. "Nothing. He just wanted to know how my first week was like."

"Jenkins!" Someone exclaimed. Remington suddenly stiffened next to her and she turned around and inwardly groaned. Riddle, again.

"Can I speak to you?" He asked, reaching to her. He didn't even acknowledge the other two. "It's important." He pressed.

Aurora nodded her head and followed Tom a little ways away from Remington and James, who were suddenly watching them like hawks.

"What did Dumbledore say to you?" Tom asked. "Was it about me?"

She nodded her head. "He said you were a different character."

Tom furrowed his eyebrows only for a second before he nodded his head. "I knew that man was always out for me." He said, more to himself than to Aurora. She raised an eyebrow, "Does he have any reason to be after you?"

Tom looked sharply at Aurora and then shook his head. "I must be off."

James glanced at Tom as he walked away, defiantly, towards his friends and he said, "Why does Riddle always have something to say to you? What are you to him?"

Aurora shook her head and the three of them walked back inside to the Hogwarts castle.

~

"I know he wants Rose--I mean, Jenkins to do something." She heard his whisper.

Aurora had the intention of going back down to the common room at midnight just to retrieve her copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but when she heard Tom's voice whisper, she stopped immediately and listened.

"You mean about the--" Nott asked, but he cut him off, "Shhh!"

"We cannot talk here. It's too dangerous." He said. "Tomorrow by the large oak tree near the lake during free period."

The boys (there were more of them) shook on it and they headed back towards the boys' dormitories. Aurora stood on the girls' side, hidden from them, with a sudden idea in mind.

Without going to get her book, she headed back to her room and crawled into her bed.

She was going to spy on Tom Riddle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy easter!
Omg, seven stars, already?! I was not expecting that for this story. Thank you, though :)

they are wonderful people: skyerocket., meilishezhe, whilethefirewasout, sleepwalkingmuggle, perfectionist326, KaulanaRose, PirateWolf17 :)

New original that I think you all should check out: Solitary :) I do admit, Tarzan inspired this xD

But uhm, yeah. So skyerocket. really needs to start her George Weasley story (if you haven't read Prickled, you must) because we are ALL dying here. And I'm only posting this so some of you can go pester her to death until she posts it (please!) ;)