Status: Story Completed

You're All I Have

4/4

Oli;

Gently and slowly I prised my auburn eyes open, the overhead hospital spotlight blinding me momentarily.

"Ahh Mr Carter, your awake. Good Morning"

A snotty looking doctor with bifocals on leaned over me, blocking the single light for a while.

"Your very lucky Mr Carter we thought you weren't going to make it through the night. You had some internal bleeding and swelling around your ribs which we managed to control and some serious bruising to your arms and chest. We've prescribed painkillers for that though"

Leaning in to examine me closer the snotty nosed doctor was now face to face with me, His breath a mixture of chicken salad and tic tac mints.

"But i advise you quit with the drinking....now"

He whispered as he pulled away and stood up to his full height.

"You had everyone worried especially your family and a pretty little brunette"

He added whilst eyeing my medical charts intently.

"Nicole"

I spoke lowly as i realised the pain i had put upon her and whether she had seen the note or not.

"Yes that's her name, very young, pretty and mature for her age don't you think?"

He winked in a knowing sort of way before he signed me off and handed me a drink rehabilitation leaflet.

"Don't let her slip away...you start Monday. Your mum is waiting outside"

Smiling that crooked smile of mine, I picked whatever possession's i had and went to find my mum.

"Ohhh Oli what went on?"

My mum fussed as she trapped me in on her loving hugs.

"Oh they think i just passed out on the bike, they mis-diagnosed wrong"

I lied avoiding eye contact with my mum mocha coffee orbs.

"Hmm okay let's get you home"

She sighed as we travelled to the entrance.

"Wait I need to see Nicole!"

"It's alright she was here all last night, so she slept at our's, she's in your room"

Mum explained and a small smile crept on my face at the thought of Nicole being in my room...let alone my bed.

Once we arrived at the house, mum left me alone while i went straight up to my room.

Opening my wooden door ever so quietly, I saw Nicole fast asleep in my navy blue dropdead hoodie.

Carefully i tried to creep over to the end of the bed, but halfway there and i forgot about the creaking floorboard. Nicole instantly began stirring at the sound and eventually woke up.

She looked up at me, her crystal blue eyes a mixture of happiness, confusion, annoyance and upset.

"What are you doing here?!"

She demanded as she rose up to her full 5 foot 3.

"Well last time i checked this was my room!"

I snapped back trying to remain calm, this was not how i planned this.

"No! I mean your meant to be in hospital or did you forget the fact you were completely wasted and almost died!"

Fresh tears began streaming down her face and were settling on my favourite hoodie. She looked so fragile and so broken, it was a result of what my drinking had done to her.

"and you can have this back!"

She cried, smacking a crumpled piece of paper square at my chest.

As i grabbed it to stop it falling, i looked down and saw my scrawny handwriting on the note i wrote last night...she had read it.

Nicole by this time was making her way to my door, biting the end of my hoodie and wiping away her tears with the other free hand.

"You did see it!"

I grabbed Nicole quickly by her hand and spun her around to face me.

"Yes i did, but it doesn't matter because you never mean it Oli!"

She continued sobbing as her hands formed fists which began feebly pounding against my chest.

Wincing back the pain from my accident, i grabbed both her hands and intertwined our fingers before pulling her closer.

"You never mean it"

She whispered one last time before collapsing against my chest as i wrapped my arms around her.

"Listen to me Nicole"

I said softly lifting her chin so her eyes locked with mine.

"I'm not going back there any time soon I promise. I know i've hurt you too much....But that note....I meant EVERY word"

"Really?"

She whispered as her cries halted to a stop.

In that moment I grabbed both her hands in mine and pushed her onto my bed. Pinning her down I climbed on top of her and passionately took her lips in mine. After what seemed like forever...I broke the kiss.

"Really....Now let's get you out of that hoodie"

I whispered against her rose red lips, before she smirked at me and slowly removed my favourite hoodie.