Status: Contest

Purple Ever Glow

Purple Ever Glow

The nurse placed a new I.V in the lone girls room she looked her over with sympathy.

Such a beautiful girl such a shame to end up like this in a coma, like a vegetable, a prisoner to her own body. Her beautiful ash brown shoulder length hair laid dead on her shoulders, her porcelain face, still not affected by time. Her beauty was undeniable but the two prettiest things about her could not come alive, for the girl is sleeping somewhere in her mind for an indefinite amount of time.

Her lovely light green eyes snapped shut until whatever supreme being up in the sky decides its time for her to open them, or if she should open them. Her smile that transpired the beauty of her personality will never shine again.

The nurse shook her head, ‘poor little girl just laying there’.

The nurse was right the girl did lay motionlessly in the physical world but somewhere deep in the corners of Jamie’s mind she moves.

Jamie sat in a Forrest she had no idea where to go? or what to do?, the sun was setting and it caste the most beautiful purple glow over the whole place. Sitting there Indian style, with her arm on her thigh, and her hand supporting her chin Jamie just looked around.

She had to remember what happened, what caused her to be trapped in this gorgeous place. Jamie closed her eyes and stretched out on the grass she took a deep breath and let it out slowly, with her hands on her tummy. Jamie clammed herself and drifted off to the place where those memories were locked up tight to remember.

“Kick it Jamie! Kick it!” Jamie ran like the wind through the field with the soccer ball at her feet. She ran by her opponent and kicked the ball it shot through the field like a rocket and the goalie tried to block it but failed. A cheer erupted from her team Jamie had scored the winning goal.

All her teammates came forth and picked up Jamie up in the air. Her white soccer shirt with its green collar, and her green soccer shorts with its white strips flared in the air.

The coach blew her whistle.

“Alright ladies let McNamara go!” she bellowed and the girls put Jamie on her feet.

Jamie looked around where are they? Her “friends” they are part of the team as well. Did they see her? She looked around and saw all three of them Heather in the lead as always with Lacey, and Tracey in the background having a shouting match with Jason Eden James a boy with dirty blonde hair, piercing green eyes with huge glasses, 6 feet tall and dressed in jeans, a grey graphic-tee, and a black leather jacket with notebooks tucked under his arms.

Jamie ran over to the plastics as she so loved to call them.

“Heather! Did you see me out there?” She asked smiling. Heather turned around with her nose in the air.

“No cant you see I have to put this NERD! In his place.” She yelled at Jason. Jamie knew Jason from her computer class, Jamie is not a stupid girl but the school computers are out dated and she had no idea how to work them he would always help her. Jason is classified as a nerd although Jamie never understood why the guy is cute, and fashionable.

“Oh grow the fuck up, Heather Nerd hasn’t been an insult since 1989 if you stop watching the Breakfast Club movie all the time and actually paid attention to the outside world you would have probably known that.” Jason answered back.

“GUYS! I made the winning goal! I’m starting off the next game.” Jamie said excitedly.

“You did?” Jason asked smiling at her.

“Why do you care?” Heather sneered at him.

“And Jamie… Who cares.” Heather said.
“Yeah don’t be a lame” Lacey intervened at her.

“Loser!” Tracey yelled at Jason.

“Spell loser.” Jason challenged Jamie chuckled and then disguised it as a cough when Heather glared at her.

“You know you wont be all talk once my boyfriend comes.” Heather smirked triumphantly.

“Oh yeah the football captain who’s fucked up on steroids and has the penis of a four year old, yeah way to go there Heather.” Jason said.

All the girls gasped.

“He’ll hear about this!” Lacey whined.

“Yeah, yeah” Jason said and then turned his green eyes on Jamie.

“Congrats on starting off the next game.” and he winked at her left on his merry way.

“Ugh can you believe he winked at her who does that NERD! Think he is!” whined Tracey.

Jamie couldn’t help the smile that made its way on her lips.

“What the hell are you smiling at?” Sneered Heather.

“Nothing.” Jamie mumbled.

Clyde, Anthony, and Blake made their way across the boys field to the girls field and to the bleachers were their prospect girls stood.

“Hey baby” Clyde said to Heather and kissed her obnoxiously in front of all her friends. Clyde is the school captain blonde hair, brown eyes, the face of an angel and the body of a god. He and Heather made a good match she is blonde, blue eyed, tall, with a nicely shaped body. They made the perfect couple both run the school and the both of them have horrible personalities.

“Hello gorgeous” Anthony said to Lacey and she giggle and he pecked her lips. He has dark brown hair, light clear green eyes, tall, face of an angel and body of a god. He’s second in command and unlike Clyde, Anthony is the sweetest guy ever. He is like Jamie’s older brother. Lacey is a flaming red hair, with brown eyes beautiful and a nicely shaped body. The girl would be a genius if she stop trying to be like Heather.

And Bake made his way to Tracey they made the perfect Oreo. Blake is blonde clear grey eyes, his personality is somber he barley speaks unless he knows you and when he does he’s a riot he takes pride in protecting all the girls especially Jamie. The guy is gorgeous and Tracey is a beautiful African American girl with the prettiest dark eyes, and nice chocolate brown hair and a nicely shaped body. Unfortunately she is another clone and tries to imitate Heather.

Jamie just stood their as the girls hugged their boyfriend she didn’t have one.

“Anthony guess what!” Jamie said excitedly.
“What?”
“I’m the star for the next game!” She said and he grinned and whooped.

“Fuck yeah!” He screamed and embraced her and swung her around then set her on her feet.

“Well now I’m sweaty and tired and I want to go home.” Jamie informed and jogged her way to the girls locker room.


Jamie opened her eyes still in the Forrest with the sun still setting casting that beautiful purple glow over the lake. She sat up and sighted well now she remembers that she’s the star of the next game, but that doesn’t help her how did she end up here?

Jamie stretched out again on the soft wet grass feeling it seep through her shirt and she took another calming breath. And drifted to that little corner in her mind where all her memories were locked up tight.

Jamie ran to the girls locker room and spun her combination, she popped open her locker and pulled out her soccer bag. She then slammed it shut she hated school showers so she would take a shower at home. When she slammed her locker shut a white piece of paper flutter down to the floor she bent down and picked it up.

Jamie opened the paper and she read the note and felt her face heat up it was an anonymous note from a secret admire. Her teammates began to pour in she stuffed the note in a corner pocket of her soccer bag and ran out.

Heather whipped her with her shirt.

“Where are you going?” she asked
“Home” Jamie said.

“Without taking a shower?” Lacey grimaced.
“In these shower?, that’s disgusting do you know how many germs you can pick up here.” Jamie said.

“Eww” Tracey screeched she, Lacey and Heather were huge germ-a-phobs.
“Yeah tell me about it.” Jamie said and turned on her heels and walked out smirking as she heard the ‘plastics’ freaking out about germs.

Jamie took out her sidekick, that was really outdated and she needed to update her phone, she began texting while walking and didn’t look where she was going. Until she slammed into a strong pair of arms and she skidded to the side.

“Oh!” she looked up to see Jason.

“Oh Jason, I’m sorry I was texting and not paying attention.” She said showing her phone and he laughed.

“Its ok Jamie really.” He said smiling his brilliant smile at her she smiled back and started to turn around when he called her back.

“Wait Jamie did you look in your loc-” Jason is cut off by a loud bleep from the mobile device in Jamie’s hands.

Jamie looks down to see a text from her father telling her to get home ASAP, her mother is having another nervous break down.

Jamie groaned this is her third one this month.

“What’s the matter?” Jason asked
“Eden, I have to go my dad text me that my mother just had yet another nervous break down.” She said addressing him by his middle name like she usual does in computer class and flashing the message in his face.

“Oh, I’m so sorry tell me if she’s ok.” He said somewhat crestfallen that he could not tell the beautiful brunette in front of him what he intended to tell her in the first place. But also concerned for her mother’s well being.

“Will do.” She said smiling at him.

Then turned on her heels and ran out the huge open metal doors with the sun pouring in and hitting her skin and warming her up instantly.


Jamie eyes flutter open yet again.

This is great she’s finally remembering why didn’t she try this days ago, or has it been days? Jamie rolled on her side, with her elbow digging in to the soft grass while her hand propped her head up.

So she remembers her mom having another break down? Eden wanting to speak to her…about what? And that note….that anonymous note she has no idea who wrote it.

Jamie laid down yet again exhausted, reaching out into her mind unlocking these memories are exhausting but she cant spend another day in this purple ever glow, she needs to figure out how she got here.

Jamie closed her eyes and relaxed letting the memories come to her.

Jamie pulled up in her drive way she grabbed her bag and cell phone and made sure to lock her car. She hoisted up her bag on her shoulder and kept a tight grip on her phone and keys. Jamie opened her house door and walked in and threw her car keys and cell phone on the foyer table, she dropped her soccer bag by the kitchen.

“Mom?” She called once she enter the kitchen her mother waved her off to busy to acknowledge her because of the screaming match she’s currently having with Jamie’s father on the phone. Jamie rolled her eyes at this same thing like every day, her mother always bitter and angry because she has to do everything and her father ignoring them and treating his family like some sort of business deal.

Jamie jogged up the stairs to her room and took a hot shower to relax her muscles that ached. She came out the shower and let her hair dry naturally, she pulled on a pair of juicy sweats and her Ugg boots and started on her homework.

An hour later Jamie heard stomps up the steps and her mother came bursting through the door.
“Its all your fault! All your fault that your father and I might get a divorce!” She yelled Jamie put her pencil back down on her Trig text book.

“What do you mean my fault?” Jamie asked at this point her hair had dried and Jamie had it in a messy bun.

“You caused all our problems!” She yelled.

Jamie notice by the way her mother’s eyes burned and how she couldn’t focus right that she had forgotten to taken her pills, her mother suffered from bi-polar disorder and by the way her eyes could not focus she had taken her anti-depressants instead of her bi-polar pills. Her mother also suffered from depression and she had to drink her bi-polar pills through the day and anti-depressants in the night.

Jamie put her hands up she wanted to calm her down, she slowly got off her bed, approaching her like you would approach a wild animal. When her mother mixed her pills the slightest movement could set her off in a way she is like a wild animal.

“Okay mom slow down I know your angry, you just had an argument with dad and you have confused your pills once again. And your right, your right maybe I do have something to do with all of this but-” Jamie tired to reason with her

“Shut up! Just shut up! You little bitch!” She yelled Jamie backed up until the back of her knees hit her bed.

“Mom relax!” Jamie yelled out.

“You know what your father just told me …that he wants a divorce we are too dysfunctional for him…this is your fault.” She accused.

“Mom how can this possibly be my fault? I did nothing!” She said.

“You couldn’t win the soccer game, you couldn’t be the boy he wanted!” She yelled pulling her own hair.

“Mom I’m staring in the next game!” Jamie tried to say.

“I should have aborted you like I wanted, but my families religious views had to intervene, I should have taken the money your father’s mother offered me and aborted you and never said a word to my parents. But no I had to open my mouth and my parents had to get in and everyone was so scared your father’s royal name would be in the mud so he and I were force into this marriage, into being your parents, you weak, stupid, failure! I hate you with everything in me. I wish you would just die.” She yelled and before Jamie could cry her mother had lifted her hand and slapped her across the face causing Jamie’s head to snap to the right. Jamie stared at her mom through tear stained eyes with one hand covering her stinging cheek. How could her mother be so cruel? How could her dad treat her with such indifference?

“I wish you would have aborted me anything is better than living in this house with a dick of a father that doesn’t care about anyone but himself, and a crazy bitch of a mother who is to crazy to deal with her own issues and has to freak out on everyone else in order to get some type of attention.” Jamie screamed.

“Come here!” Her mother lunged at her. Jamie ran around her opened her door and ran down the stairs with her mother hot on her trail. Jamie’s hand automatically reached for her cell and keys.

Quickly opening the door and ducking out with a second to spare before her mother’s finger entangled themselves with a fistful of Jamie’s hair, the same color as her mothers.

Jamie’s eyes darted frantically around as her feet raced down her drive way to her car. Jamie hoped in her car she threw her cell on the passengers seats, she put the key in the ignition and backed out the driveway.


Jamie sat up in a start how could her mother be so cruel? Why did her father file for a divorce? Jamie sat on her butt and crossed her legs Indiana style what the hell happened after that fight?

Jamie heard a heavenly jingle unlike any other she’s heard such a sweet melody she stood on her own two feet, ready to make her way into the Forrest to hear that sweet melody. When Jamie took her first step in that direction she heard a voice that sounded a lot like her mothers.

Jamie took to two steps closer to the water.

‘Jamie, Jamie honey please if you can hear us please come back. I’m sorry honey, I’m truly sorry.’ She heard her mother say and sob Jamie walked all the way to the edge of the water.

‘Honey of you can hear me its daddy, I’m sorry. We are sorry. Come back to us we can work this out.’ He said.

Jamie wanted to get into the water it seemed so enticing especially how it looked with the sun casting such a beautiful purple ever glow. But she couldn’t with every step she took not only did she hear her parents voice promising her sweets promises she’s covet all her life she felt pain. Raw, physical pain her body felt bruised all over she felt like a truck ran over her, a pain so intense Jamie felt like she would collapse any minute. She backed away from the water back to the spot she originally found herself.

That beautiful sound still called out to hear, begging her to walk through those trees it will make her worries go away. But Jamie couldn’t, she still had to recall that last piece of the puzzle, the last bit of memory that will finally reveal to her how she ended up in this purple ever glow.

Back in Jamie’s hospital room her mother squeezed Jamie’s hand one last time, yet again no response for her daughter. All the machines beeped which meant she’s alive, but some where in her mind. Ethan hugged his wife, Annie her ash brown hair tied back in a pony tail, her brown eyes decorated with deep dark purple bags underneath them, her eyes and nose red and puffy from crying so much. She hugged her husband back.

“She’s still not responding Ethan, this wait is madding she’s been in a coma for three weeks now.” Annie cried in her husbands chest.

“I know Annie, but she’ll pull through honey, she always has and I know she wont disappoint us now.” Ethan said as he rubbed Annie’s arm he tried to keep his composure one of them needs to be strong at this moment.

“I swear to you Ethan, if she wakes I will never yell at her again, I’ll take all my pills I’ll do anything I just want our baby back.” She cried harder into his chest.

“Me too Annie, I’ll quit my job, I’ll spend more time home with you two I’m so sorry for everything. I swear to make our lives better if only to have my daughter awaken.” Ethan said pushing his dirty blonde hair back, his green eyes glued to his daughters sleeping figure on the hospital bed. The same eyes she inherited only hers were snapped shut until God knows when.

Jamie laid on the grass again closing her eyes, stretching her hands on her sides, taking in a deep breath, Jamie felt the wet grass beneath her finger tips without realizing it she was once again sucked into her sealed memories.

Jamie frantically drove through the highway, tears stained her face and clouded her vision, she had both hand on the wheel and drove down the lanes like a mad woman. She needed to get to her grandparents house confront them were they really capable of giving her mother money to abort her? They love her….or is that all an act?. She thought. Jamie looked up to see a picture of her father and her she had pinned up in the mirror after one of her soccer games, she had a stupid grin on her face her team had won and her father held the trophy in the air and smiling at the camera. Her mother had taken that picture Jamie stared at her father’s face trying to pick up a hint of pretending to be happy in his eyes, those same green eyes that she sees every morning in the mirror stared at her right back. She slapped down the picture her whole life is a lie.

A loud bleep captured Jamie’s attention she reached over not paying attention to the road anymore to check her message. With one hand she flipped her sidekick it was a message from her mom.

‘Get home now we have to talk.’ - Mom . Jamie scoffed another bleep.

‘Jamie bear please come home your mother and I will talk this all out with you. Don’t listen to a word your mother said.’ - Dad . Jamie rolled her eyes he always talked down to her, he’s a liar.

Jamie threw down her phone on the passengers seat and continued to drive one last beep caught her attention.

‘Hey Jamie sorry to bother you but did you ever read my note. I just wanted to let you know how incredibly beautiful I think you are, I love you, I have been inlove with you since the moment you sat next to me - ‘

A loud horn warned Jamie of the presence of the upcoming truck she never read the name of the sender because she threw her phone down and tried to swerve out the trucks way n order to avoid being crushed to death. Her car swerved to the right but the truck hit the back of her car causing a head on collision with another car Jamie’s hands abandon the steering wheel and she held them up to her face as a scream escaped her lips, she felt pain so unbearable hit her like a tidal wave before she blacked out.


Jamie shot up like a rocket this is why she’s here in this purple ever glow, it’s the place her mind sent her to in order to be safe after such a traumatizing experience. How long has she been here?

Jamie stood on her own two feet and looked at both directions if she jumped in the lake she’d return to her life. A life filled with pain, and misery why would she go to that?

But the Forrest and that melody filled her with sweet promises of no pain, not hurt, no betrayal. Jamie took slow baby steps with each step she felt lighter, happier ,a light so bright illuminated her face now this is the life. She thought.

Jason entered Jamie’s room with a box of chocolates tucked under his arm his huge glasses covered his tearing eyes. He had ripped jeans, and a blue graphic tee shirt on Annie and Ethan both turned to stare at the mysterious boy who they never met and has been her since Jamie was admitted into the hospital.

“Mister and Misses McNamara.” Jason said nodding at them.

“Hello Jason.” Annie said.

“I brought her chocolates today.” He said smiling holding up his box of chocolates.

“She’s going to love everything you brought her when she wakes up.” Ethan said gesturing around his daughter room to the candy, roses, books he’s brought her everyday along with the balloons and other things her friends had brought her.

“If she wakes up.” Annie said bursting into tears Ethan cradle her in his chest.

“She will Miss McNamara, I can assure you she will.” Jason said with a certainty that made Annie believe him. Ethan nodded at him and he and Annie walked out the room and left him alone with Jamie.

“ Got you chocolates this time Jamie.” He said as he put the box to her side.

Jason sat down on the chair next to her bed and grabbed her hand.

Jamie walked closer to the light but a deep honey like voice called her name.

‘Got you chocolates this time Jamie’ Who is that? She thought such a beautiful voice stopped her dead in her track. She back track a little to get to hear it better without the jingles interrupting it.

Then she felt a light pressure on her hand she continue to walk towards the lake, the pressure on her hand felt warmer and sweeter with ever step she took towards the lake. The pain the raw physical pain began. Could her body possibly be so mangled after the car incident that she may never be the same again?

‘Jamie please wake up.’ The voice said to her.

She wanted to go forward that voice seemed so familiar maybe a few steps up wouldn’t hurt to bad right? She took a few more.

“Jamie I need you back here this is killing me I never had a chance to tell you how I feel about you, that it was me who put that note in your locker, that it was me who sent you that last stupid text message that almost coast you your life, that I miss you in school, I cant stand computer class not when your not right there next to me, that I miss your eyes, your smile, your personality. I miss your jokes, your laugh, the way you call me Eden instead of Jason, how I would never allow anyone who isn’t you to call me that. I just want you to wake up Jamie I need to tell you that I love you.” Jason finished and squeezed her hand tighter.

He laughed at himself why did he think just by telling her what he felt she would wake up? He shook his head and kissed her forehead then looked down her lips were so close and he’s been dying to kiss them for months now and although he hates to admit it this might be his last chance if she does not wake up soon.

Jamie felt her heart flutter it was Eden who wrote her that anonymous letter! How could she be so stupid as not to notice that’s what he wanted to tell her all along when she bumped into him coming out of the girls locker room. He sent that text, that last text that almost coast her life. Jamie walked closer to the water feeling her body hurt like hell but nothing could possibly take her back to that heavenly jingle, not when Eden was so close to her. Close enough so she can tell him how she feels.

Then it happen she was at the edge of the water close enough to feel her body scream at her.

Jason thought to himself ‘Now or never’. And he did it he leaned down and pressed his lips softly onto hers. Jamie felt her heart beat for the first time in a while and she felt a glow spread from her heart throughout her body giving her the courage she needed in order to come alive.

Jamie backed up close to the Forrest and although the heavenly jingle is hard to ignore she did it and she raced forward having the pain smack her like a million brocks being thrown at her body, but that didn’t stop her. When she reached the edge Jamie leaped up to the sky with her arms out stretched over her head legs bended slightly behind her.

The purple ever glow engulfed her for a while then she plumbed into the water deeper and deeper she sank the more noise she heard, a beeping noise, the feel of Eden’s lips on hers intensify and so did the raw, physical pain, she felt like passing out in fact she did.

Jamie eyes flutter open and a head of dirty blonde hair invade her line of vision. Jason picked up his head and opened his eyes a gasp escaped his lips and he backed up staring back at him two light green eyes.

“Jamie?” he asked.

“Eden” She gasped and she continue to gasp. Jason reached over the bed and pressed the button continuously alerting the front office that a doctor is needed. He dropped the button and ripped open the door and screamed down the hallway.

“We need a doctor! I need a doctor! Jamie woke up!” He screamed.

Annie, Ethan, Heather, Clyde, Lacey, Anthony, Tracey, and Blake’s head snapped to Jason’s direction they all raced towards Jamie’s room.

They all bombarded the room

“Jamie!” her name was being called in all different directions by different people.
The doctor rushed in and he along, the nurses and Anthony pushed everyone back out and then he sprang into action to try to control Jamie’s gasping.

****************************************************************************************************

“Do you want soup?” Annie questioned Jamie for the third time that day its been three days since Jamie woke up.

“No mom I’m not hungry.” Jamie said.
“I wish you’d eat!” She insisted.

“I wish I didn’t feel like all my organs were crushed in so I can eat.” Jamie said smiling.
“Smart ass” Her mother said then kissed her forehead.

Surprisingly her face had only a semi-busted lip, and a bump on her forehead nothing major for a collision like the one she was involved in. Her body, not so much Jamie awoke and could not feel her legs she cried all day thinking she was paralyzed and could never play soccer again. The doctor explained to her that her spinal cord is temporarily swollen and once the inflammation goes down she’ll have full use of her legs, her arms are decorated with huge purple spots from the impact and so are her legs. Its going to take a while before Jamie can fully walk again without any pain, she had three fractured ribs and two broken ones. But Jamie felt none of this one because of the morphine in her system and two she was just so happy to be alive and to have her family back.

“How’s my favorite Jamie bear.” Her father said opening the door with a teddy bear and three more get well balloons her room looked like a circus.
“I’m fine daddy, what’s that?” She said pointing to the trophy in his hands.

“Well the game you were suppose to star in was cancelled but the one this week wasn’t and all your teammates agreed to give you the trophy if they won. And guess what your team won.” He said giving her mother the trophy to hold.

“Aw that’s not fair I did nothing I shouldn’t get it.” She said.

“That’s not true.” Heather intervened walking through the door.
“You did allot James, You worked harder than anyone else on the team and this is why you had the honor to start the next game, but the accident got in your way. You motivated all the other girls and after your accident Lacy, Trace and I realized life is really short and we don’t have all the time in the world like we thought we did. You made us realize that we are all a team equally so Lacey, Tracey and I worked really hard alongside everyone else in your name and we won! That trophy belongs to you, and only you.” Heather said smiling sincerely.

After Jamie’s accident Heather, Lacey and Tracey changed no longer were they the spoiled daddies girls who ran the school. They were just Heather, Lacey, and Tracey best friends of Jamie, girls on the school soccer and cheerleading team.

“We’ll leave you two alone.” Annie said as she and Ethan made their way out of Jamie’s room.

“Thanks Mommy.” Jamie called after her.

“Heather you’ve changed.” Jamie notice.
“Eh it happens.” She said and smiled and hugged Jamie although she was a total bitch with her she was glad to have her back .

Clyde, Lacey , Tracey, and Blake came in shortly and they all spend the afternoon with Jamie.

“So this doesn’t hurt.” Clyde said poking her foot.

“She cant feel it you dickwad!” Blake said slapping Clyde upside his head. They all laughed.

“Leave Jamie alone.” Tracey said pushing Clyde a little.

Lacey and Anthony were the last one’s to leave.

“I’m truly happy your okay Jamie.” Lacey said out of all the girls Heather was really her best friend followed by Lacey ,the two embraced each other.

“Thanks Lacy.” Jamie said.

“I’ll be here tomorrow sis.” Anthony said. She was closer to him than anyone else. When he was about to close the door.

“Anthony!” Jamie called.

“Yeah?”

“Have you seen Jason?” She asked.

“Not since you woke up why?” He asked.

“Before I crashed I received an anonymous note in my locker, it implied I was special in that persons life. I woke up to Jason confessing it was him who wrote it I really need to see him.” She pleaded.

“Your wish my command princess.” Anthony said smiling one last time before opening to door and leaving. She smiled knowing Anthony would do everything in his power to get Jason to her.

Jamie was released from the hospital, and home school seeing as it was the end of their Junior year and she still had to continue with her therapy to regain full use of her legs again.

*************************************************************************************************

Three months had passed by and Jamie was almost completely healed she could walk again but limped a little, her bruises were turning yellowish and things seem to be getting better. Her mom and dad were not getting a divorce her father started to work at home, and her mother made sure to take the right pills when she had to.

Everything was almost great except Jason had not come to visit her once.

Heather, Clyde, Lacey, Anthony, Tracey and Blake took turns going to Jamie’s therapy to help her walk again and to fill her in.

Anthony said he tried everything with Jason talking to him, sending him messages, he even resorted to threatening him and having Clyde and Blake roughen him up a little bit, but not once did Jason show up to Jamie’s door step.

The Junior prom was coming up and the girls took the liberty alongside with Annie to buy Jamie a beautiful floor length green dress that matched her eyes, along with sliver heels and earrings for the dance. Jamie blandly refused to go to the dance but had no other choice. Everyone made her come along with them since she had no date.

Jamie made sure her sideways bun had not come undone, her silver hoops decorated her face, glitter decorated her eyes that popped out thanks to her floor length green dress that went baggy on the breast section and continue loose until the floor, with a split in the front that reveled her un bruised legs thanks to make up and a spray tan courtesy of her mother. With silver heels that she had to take her time walking in since she still had a little trouble walking and her ribs still hurt.

“You look amazing!” her mother gushed and snapped photos.

Soon Heather showed up with her blonde hair loose and pushed to the side in a floor length ice blue dress and silver heels. With Clyde by her side in a button up blue shirt and slacks with shoes. Then came Lacey with her red hair picked up a little on the top and having the rest of her blood red hair in curls coming down her shoulders in a floor length white gown and white heels. Along side Anthony who had a white buttoned up shirt with slacks and shoes. After him came Tracey with her hair in straighten with a pretty yellow clip on her hair in a bright yellow floor length gown and yellow heels along side Blake.
Who had a yellow button up shirt and black slacks and shoes everyone looked amazing.

After a few snap shots they made their way to the limo.

Jamie felt out of place and wanted to go back home.

“Jamie enjoy yourself tonight!” Lacey said to her.

“Easy for you all to say you all have dates and no limps, and no fractured ribs.” She said and everyone laughed.

“Okay we cant do anything about the legs or ribs.” Heather said.
“Unless you would like me to break Clyde’s legs so you guys can be even.” Anthony joked.

“Fuck off!” Clyde said.

“Don’t worry about it girl you have 6 dates that’s more than enough.” Tracey said and they all laughed.

“Six hot dates.” Clyde added while he popped his collar. Jamie laughed and rolled her eyes at him.

“You never know James their might just be a surprise for you.” Blake said. Jamie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but let it go.

Soon the limo came to a halt and they all poured out into the garden the school had rented to host the Junior prom.

The night dragged on and Jamie did enjoy herself but wanted to go home she excused herself with everyone and left the way Heather told her to. All the girls smirked as they watched her leave.

When Jason did not listen to Clyde, Anthony, or Blake the girls took matters in their own hands and with Jason pushed up against a locker with Heather’s sharp phone case on his face and Lacey and Tracy having his arms and legs in a lock to the point of breaking them Jason complied to get over his embarrassment and finally confront Jamie.

Jamie made it out to the front and was about to descend the stairs when she saw Jason in a green button up shirt, black slacks and shoes, his famous big glasses off his face he replaced them with contacts.

“Jason?” Jamie said.

“Hi Jamie.” He said shyly. Jamie checked him out from head to toe he head the same outfit all her boys had meaning the girls had something to do with this.

“Nice outfit.” She complimented. He looked down at himself and gave a nervous laugh.

“Yeah… I had a fierce blond, red head, and brunette force me into it.” Jamie smiled then it faded.

“I’m sorry they did that, you didn’t have to come unless you wanted to and you didn’t have to wear anything you didn’t want to wear. They shouldn’t have forced you to come out and talk to me… I got the message once Anthony told me he asked you to come see me and you never did.” She said hurt Jason looked down.

“Its not that I didn’t want to see you Jamie I was just scared-” she cut him off.

“Scared of what Jason?” Jason no longer was he Eden he messed up big time.

“When you woke I was kind of well I -” She cut him off again.

“Kissing me?” She said and he blushed.

“Yeah, and I was scared I offended you or that you’d get mad and think I was taking advantage of the fact that you were in a coma.”

“I’m not mad Jason, you’re the only reason why I woke up I heard your voice, I followed your voice that day, I know it was you who put that note in my locker and I know it was you who sent me that last message before I crashed.” She said.

“That stupid text message if I had just waited until I saw you instead of sending a message you wouldn’t have looked and you wouldn’t have crashed.” He said she cut him off again.

“Jason me crashing is my fault I should have been paying attention to the road I was looking at my cell before you texted me, I don’t have anyone else to blame but myself.” She said grabbing onto the front of her dress a nervous habit of hers.

“I guess I was just scared that you’d reject me, that you would tell me I’m not good enough for you.” He said quietly.

“Why would I say that?” She asked.

“Jamie no matter how different you are from them your still part of the popular crowd, your family has money, you live on the other side of town the good side and”

“And I still love you” She said.

“Your so much better than I am and I’m scared to hear all that.” he continued rambling.

“EDEN!” she yelled. He looked up.

“And with all that separating us I don’t care I love you too, I think I always have.” She said smiling.

“What? Are you sure?” He asked feeling his whole body become light.

“Yes I’m sure that I love you, Yes I’m sure that I don’t care what stupid things you notice that separate us, yes I want only you Eden.” She said calling him Eden again this was good.
He released a huge breath he didn’t know he was holding on to.

“Wow.” He said laughing and she laughed out loud.

“Now are you going to come over here and kiss me or should I crash again and give you another three months before this step.” She said and he laughed suddenly realizing the distance between them seem great. He walked over to her when he finally reached her he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her and surprisingly she did not push him away laughing at him like he had thought. She wrapped her arms around his neck and entangled her fingers in his hair.

A few seconds later whooping and clapping was heard from the side Jason and Jamie broke their kiss to look to the side and laugh. Heather came out clapping, Clyde whooping, Lacey cheering, Anthony whooping the loudest of all, Tracey fist pumping, and Blake clapping.

The sun going down, under the buildings arch, with the water fountain outside made this a picture perfect moment.

“I want to take you somewhere.” Jason said.
“Where?”
“To my purple ever glow.” He said making her remember the words in the note.

‘I just wanted you to know Jamie that you are my own personal purple ever glow.’

It also reminded her of the place in her mind she was trapped when she was in a coma.

“Lets go” She breath he smiled and picked her up bridal style scaring her and walked off with her.

“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!” All the girls hollered and the boys as well.

“You bring her pregnant you deal with her dad!” Clyde yelled.

“Fuck that her mom!” Anthony added and Blake laughed high fiving him.

Jamie flipped him off while Eden carried her off to his car.

He drove them to the woods Jamie enjoyed the ride feeling the wind whip her hair.

“Where are we going?” She asked hiking down with her heels in on hand and little purse in the other she tried not to stab anything in her bare feet. She slipped but Eden grabbed her and picked her up once more bridal style. He rather carry her, the girl just learned how to walk one more leg accident and he didn’t want to think about the consequences.

“To a place my grandfather use to take me when I was younger we use to call it purple ever glow. He made me promise me when I fall in love to bring the woman of my dreams to this place and now that I found her I want to show her.” Jamie blushed at this as he continue to hike down with her in his arms. When the reached the spot she gasped.

Out stretched in front of them a lake and beyond the lake a whole bunch of trees laid beyond it. But what caught Jamie off guard was the way the sun was setting it casted the prettiest purple ever glow over the whole place she has ever seen.

“Its beautiful isn’t it?” He asked.
“Eden I’ve been here before.” She said he frowned.
“Your parents taken you hiking this far out before?”

“No no! When I was in a coma I was in this same exact place with the same purple ever glow illuminating the place.” He looked at he weirdly.

“Remember when I said I followed your voice I had to follow your voice and jump in that lake. I felt the heat on my skin so warm.” She said and Jason smiled.
“What?” She asked.
“Funny the one place your mind takes you after such a traumatizing event is the place I promise to take the love of my life. Coincidence I think not.” He said smiling her and capturing her lips in another kiss.

“You’re my purple ever glow.” She said to him smiling and they kissed.

“Wanna take a swim?” She asked.
“Are you serious?”
“Yeah.”
“Are you sure your up to it?” He asked scared just a few months ago she couldn’t walk.
“I’m fine.” She said they both stripped down to their under ware.

Jason jumped in and resurfaced Jamie backed up then she ran towards the edge jumped up with her arms stretched over her head and into the glow. Jason has never seen such a sight.

And she plumbed into the water and resurfaced. He took a sight of relief when he saw her swim to him un harm. She kissed him and they were wrapped in each others arms staring at the purple ever glow of the sun.

“This has to be the prettiest ever glow I’ve ever seen.” He said she looked at him thinking he would be staring at the sun like she was only to see him staring at her , he meant her.

She kissed him and they stood their lost in each others purple ever glow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooo in love with this story <3 Anyways I hope I win :D
Sorry for it being kinda long :) I get kinda carried away :-)