When the Sun and the Moon Collide

Prologue

Mr. Sandman, as you all know, is the creator of dreams. He stalks the night, making boys and girls of all ages fall in to dreamland. He is a man that wears nothing but black. He is a tall and gangly thing. He applies jet black eyeliner that complements his jet black hair and, well, his jet black everything else. One other thing that makes Mr. Sandman unique is that he paints on a mouth over his real lips and jaw. Good ol’ Mr. Sandman has a dilemma, he can’t sleep. The great Sandman cannot sleep! Poor, poor Mr. Sandman. He seeks help from a smug, wears-nothing-and-owns-nothing-but-yellow doctor.

This doctor’s name is Dr. Benzedrine. Dr. Benzedrine is the craziest, yet, most effective, doctor around. He knows everything that has an importance to be known. Unlike Mr. Sandman over there, Dr. Benzedrine never, ever, even thinks about wearing black. Most of the time he wears a yellow suit, with a yellow bow tie, yellow platform shoes and to top it all off, yes, you guessed it, a yellow top hat. His sandy brown hair just barely sticks out of the top hat on his head. You would think, for a man who wears so much yellow, he would be a sunny, cheery, ray of sunshine, right? You would be mistaken. Dr. Benzedrine is a short man, with a very short temper. I mean, Benzedrine isn't a big, mean, storm cloud all the time. You know, when he’s not being a pompous jerkface. Dr. Benzedrine is a huge flirt. Poor, poor Mr. Sandman will soon find out.

Have fun reading this little love story of the day and the night, the sun and the moon, Dr. Benzedrine and Mr. Sandman.