When the Sun and the Moon Collide

Chapter Two

That night, Sandman hesitantly put two of the tablets into his painted mouth and dry swallowed them both. "Ew, this is never going to work," he muttered. "Stupid Bendzedrine, his stupid pills and his stupid...stupidness!" He stomped his feet like a three year old. Suddenly, he began to feel tired, the first time in ages. He slumped his way to his room and crawled into bed, clothing and all.

Mr. Sandman woke up with make up smeared mouth and hand. He recalled his dream. He didn't remember the whole thing, but one particular part stood out quite clearly. It involved Dr. Bendzedrine and Mr. Sandman...together. Sandman didn't want to remember it at all. He shook his head as if it were an Etch-A-Sketch, and all his thoughts would be erased. He soon wound up at Dr. Benzedrine office. He raised his fist up to knock, but them remembered to knock once for the Father, twice for the Son, three times for the Holy Ghost.
"Come in, child," Bendzedrine called from behind the sunflower yellow door.
I swear, if he called me 'child' again, Sandman thought to himself as he pushed open the heavy door He walked in and once again sat in the canary yellow arm chair while folding his arms.
"Child, why do you look so grumpy? Didn’t you get a good night sleep?" Benzedrine smirked.
"Just shut up," Sandman grumbled, staring at no particular spot on the floor.
Benzedrine balled his fist and said through gritted teeth, "Now, now child, don't use that tone with me. I have a short temper." He then took a long, slow, deep breath so calm himself. He suddenly put on a bright grin, "Did you have a present dream last name?"
Sandman sat up, "How do you know I had a dream last night? Maybe I didn't," he said defensively.
"Because," Dr. Benzedrine walked up to Mr. Sandman, got uncomfortably close to his face and looked straight into his eyes as if he was trying to look into his soul, "You did. Don't try to lie to me, child." He then whispered into Sandman's ear, "I'm Dr. Benzedrine. I know everything."
Sandman got chills down his spine. He enjoyed the doctor whispering in his ear, but he would enjoy it quite more if he whisper other things... He shook his head violently, attempting to stop thinking about that.
Benzedrine walked back to his office chair, sat down and folded his hands then placed the one the desk and smiled, "Would you like to tell Dr. Benzedrine about this dream?"
"Fuck off. I don't have to tell you anything," Sandman cursed under his breath while his slid back down into the arm chair.
"That's quite alright. I know everything I need to. Just make sure you keep taking my pills," Benzedrine said, still smiling.
"I don't have to do anything!" Sandman shouted and turned to storm out the door.
Dr. Benzedrine sat back and slapped his palm to his forehead and shook his head, "Why does he have to be so difficult?"