The Guide Book

Lillian Moore & Gonzalo Higuain

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

Shy, caring, and loyal…that is what people say about Lillian Moore.

In her opinion, they might as well have stamped “boring, dull, and kill joy” on her forehead. Although she doubted that anyone would notice it. Lillian appearance was average, her attitude was great, and she was as levelheaded as they came. She was the type of girl that people introduce you to and the next minute you have not only forgotten their name but also that you even met them. It didn’t really bother her—okay maybe a little!—because she had Alex. Alex was the one person that she could be herself with. Alex brought out her crazy, sarcastic, and fun side…the real her that no one wanted to dig down deep enough to find. They loved each other very much and had a bond no one could break.
Except death.

Charming, hot, and exciting…that is what people say about Gonzalo Higuain.

In his opinion you had to live life to the fullest every second of the day. Famous, young, and rich he lives life with no thought of the future, seeking pleasure and thrill in everything he does. He is the life of the party seducing others with his magnetic personality and has no intentions of slowing down.
Except if he gets injured and then breaks up with his girlfriend.

At Alex’s sudden and violent death, Lillian’s world crashes down around her. Falling into a deep depression, she sees no point in anything until see finds hope for the future in The Guide Book. An ordinary traveler’s guide to Europe it holds notes and dreams of the places Lillian and Alex had promised each other they would see. Needing to fulfill their dream, she leaves behind everything she knows for her first stop, Spain. There she is thrown together with Gonzalo who is bored and needs to get out away from his clinging ex-girlfriend…plus he is getting paid.

Ahead of them is days of close proximity…too bad they hate each other.

** Do not own Gonzalo, the quote above or the ones at the beginning of each chapter**
  1. Death and Life
    Location: New York City, New York // Madrid, Spain