Status: Working On it, but slowly

Hey Arizona

Get It Right

I shouldn’t complain that Garrett and I have been hanging out a lot as of lately, but I can’t help but complain just a little tiny bit. I mean we use to be best friends and did this stuff all the time, but I mean were older. Maybe these “woman” feelings will go into liking Garrett more than a friend; I can’t do that, not with Farrah in the way Garrett having a girlfriend.

Maybe like always anymore I’m over reacting. I mean for fucks sake, Me and Garrett were the best of friends a person could ever ask for and it seems like we’re just now getting back to that, I refuse to let me girly emotions and over reactions get in the way of our beautiful friendship. And that’s final.

I was knocked out of the panic mode by a knock at the door. I didn’t waste any time at all jumping from my bed and running down stairs. I swing the front door open to Garrett holding a hand full of DVDs. \

“Ready?” He asks.

I give him a concerned look. Ready? Ready for what? Murder? “For?”

“An evening full of guts, gore and blood?”

Oh god, it was murder. I swallow the lump in my throat that had come up. I mean I know we weren’t that close as friends anymore but would Garrett really kill me? Nah we wouldn’t. He couldn't.
“W-what?” I choke out.

“Zombie movie Friday?”

“Oh!” I shout. “I knew that”

“Geez, What did you think I meant?”

“Nothing nothing” I lied “Just we haven’t had Zombie Movie Friday for a while”

“Duh!” says Garrett as he shoves past me into the house. “Remember? You left for four years”

“Yeah, don’t remind me” I reply closing the door.

I follow Garrett into the living room. Garrett plops himself down, I start to take a seat beside him on the couch.

“Whoa!” Shouts Garrett placing his hand on the side of the couch that I was about to sit on. “ What do you think you’re doing?!”

“W-what do you m-mean?” I ask kind of taken back.

“You should go make popcorn first, shouldn’t you?” He asks. “What’s zombie movie Friday without popcorn?”

“Y-yeah, Let me go do that” I stutter before walking off to the kitchen as Garrett got the first movie started.

Damn it Dannika! You have to get it together! Stop acting like this is a BIG ass deal! Because it’s not! You and Garrett are best friend! At least becoming friends again! Don’t fuck this up! Go make your god damn popcorn and get back out there to Zombie Movie Friday just like the old days!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“Wake up you two!” shouts Pat, shaking me
.
I wake to leaning on Garrett on the couch. I must have fallen asleep on him. Which I didn’t mind So much for zombie movie Friday, We only got in one movie and one bowl of popcorn.

“You better get up” pushes Pat “Jared should be getting home in about .5 seconds”

I shot up wiping the drool from my mouth and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Garrett woke up as well wiping the drool from his shoulder. Oops, my bad.

“Sorry” I chuckled.

Garrett sends me a warm smile but that smile soon faded as soon as he looked down at his phone. I was guessing it was that bitch Farrah. Great.

“I have to go” says Garrett stuffing his phone into his pocket. “Uh, see you guys tomorrow?”

“Sure thing buddy!” shouts Pat.

“Sure” I sigh.

Garrett obviously caught my sigh; I mean the neighbors probably heard that sigh. He stands and pulls me into a hug. Oh wow, didn’t expect that. The hug ended as fast as it started. Garrett scratched rapidly at the back of his neck. The hug was obviously as much awkward for him as much as it was for me.

He gives one more wave and a small bye before leaving the house. I turn to see Pat with a wide shit eating grin across his face. “What?”

“Oh nothing….” He says biting his lips and walking to the kitchen.

Pat Kirch was up to something, and I don’t like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually like this one! :D Comment/ subscribe! Please!?

Song credits. Get It Right - Lydia