Status: 27th July 2014: REWORKING THIS STORY - CHANGED CHAPTERS HAVE DIFFERENT TITLES.

The Dates.

Four.

I stepped into my History class late. Jake was already at our table and I shot him the death stare as I fell into the seat beside him. All he did was wink at me.

Luckily for me, the teacher was running late, too. Then again, our history teacher was always late. It was probably one of the reasons why everyone loved him. They had a chance to get to class knowing that he'd be the one coming in at least twenty minutes after the class was supposed to start.

"Jake, about those posters..." I began but Mr Morris came skidding into the room before I could finish talking. Behind him fluttered loose pages of students essays and he hastily scooped them up and dumped them on his desk without a second thought.

"Sorry I'm late, guys." he said, shooting us a bright smile. I looked around me, seeing all the girls flutter their eyelashes at him adoringly.

I'm not even sure people like Mr Morris should be allowed to become teachers. Sure, he's pretty awesome. And yeah, he's handsome if you like the whole tall, dark haired and blue eyed thing. But that's the problem. He's too good, if you know what I mean. It's like all the girls want to marry him and he doesn't only charm women, either. Men are susceptible to it, too. He's like the guy all men want to hang out with and aspire to be.

That's probably why he hasn't been sacked yet for always turning up late. The headteacher, Miss Travis, is like in love with him.

"So, who's ready for some learning?" he asked enthusiastically. I heard all the girls giggle. Did he even know the affect he had on them? It's probably why they all got A grades. They always listen to every word he speaks.

Jake suddenly hummed next to me. I peeked across to see he was searching through his IPod, not even bothering to listen to Mr Morris' introduction to the lesson. He chose his song and I moved closer to read the band name...KISS. Oh no.

"So I was thinking we could look at-" started Mr Morris but whatever he said next, I couldn't hear. Jake was making too much noise for that, though not too much to disrupt the rest of the class. Only me, as usual.

"I was made for loving you, baby! You were made for loving me!" he sang quietly, wiggling in his seat along to the beat.

I nervously looked up to Mr Morris but thankfully, we were sat at the back of the class. He probably couldn't see us from where he was stood. Still, I gave Jake a sharp nudge in the ribs to tell him to quit it. Of course, he ignored me.

"And I can't get enough of you, baby!"

Oh Jesus. I shuffled my chair away from him before the air guitar or drumming started. On more than one occasion, he's used my head as a symbol. I wasn't prepared for that to happen to me today, after all the humiliation he has (or is going to) put me through with those damn posters. Sure enough, he made his hands into fists, pretending to hold drum sticks, and started moving them up and down in the air. I whipped my arm away when he went to hit his fist off it.

I slapped the palm of my hand against my face, swallowing my annoyance. Again, I elbowed him, this time catching sight of Mr Morris making his way towards us. The whole class had turned around in their seats to watch. Jake was oblivious to it all. He was busting out a solo on his imaginary guitar.

"I was made for loving you, baby!" he sang again and I tried drawing his attention by shaking his arm a little, my eyes fixed on Mr Morris coming to a halt in front of us.

I expected him to scold us or tell us off with the whole class watching. He shocked me though; he probably shocked the rest of the class, too. He did the unexpected.

"You were made for loving me!" he joined in, holding up a hand for Jake to high five. My mouth fell open, it was probably close to hitting the table top, it was hanging that wide open.

Jake grinned and sang out the next line. I was stunned into silence. It hardly seemed the most appropriate song to karaoke along to with your school teacher. Then again, who would sing to any song with their teacher?

"Nice. I love KISS." smiled Mr Morris. "But I'm afraid we should probably get back to doing some work. I could get into trouble if Miss Travis comes in while we sing to KISS' greatest hits."

My head slowly went from Jake to Mr Morris and back again. God, this day was turning out to be so surreal.

As Mr Morris started going through the lesson plan again, this time with Jake listening (Mr Morris had won his respect by singing along with him) I started to settle down, knowing I wouldn't have to face any more swinging arms during a make believe guitar solo.

My gaze lingered across the classroom, taking in the eager, willing faces of all the girls and the slightly bored, slightly envious glares of the guys. I felt a prickling feeling at the back of my neck, like someone was watching me, and instinctively I turned my head to meet the eyes of Lucy Davies.

She saw I was watching her watching me and abruptly broke off into silent giggles, turning to the orange and yellow haired friend who sat beside her. I stared blankly at the back of her blonde head, as if I was inspecting the pink highlights that were streaked through her hair.

"Hey, I think Luce was just ogling you, Andy." Jake whispered next to me. Seemed like I wasn't the only one who had noticed, then.

"She wasn't." I muttered back, denying it for some reason. "She was probably just looking around the room like I was just."

Even though I couldn't see his face because he was staring ahead, I could almost hear his eyes rolling at me.

"Yeah, right. No one else is a loser like you. It's because of that poster I put in her locker this morning."

"Did you put those things in everyones lockers!" I hissed at him, being careful to keep my voice down so Mr Morris couldn't hear. He was scribbling down something about a war on the interactive board.

"Not everyones." he admitted. "Just the girls."

I groaned and swatted his arm with my text book, probably doing it harder than I'd intended. I didn't care though; he deserved it.

"You're a dumbass." I told him.

"And you're a wimp." he breathed back, turning his head to me a little so I could see his grin.

"Arsehole."

"Yeah, well this arsehole has gotten not one, but two girls staring at you today." he mumbled under his breath, pointedly jerking his head to the left of us.

I followed the direction he'd indicated to and saw queen bee of popularity, Angelica Hall, smiling at me. She didn't turn away, laughing, like Lucy did. Instead, she actually winked at me and wiggled her fingers in a small wave.

"Whoa, dude. Forget you doing these interviews. I'm gonna give this a whirl myself if you get Angelica Hall doing that to you." Jake gasped, bumping his fist against my arm.

I turned back to him, my mouth hanging open a little, and was lost for words. His smile broadened and he shrugged a shoulder in a know it all way.

"No need to thank me, I'm just doing my part of the broken hearted guys loyal best friend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Really, this chapter is a bit of a filler. I started writing it out then I got massive stomach ache so I just decided to wrap it up and post it.

I'll try and write something better another day.


I've added to this chapter, now I'm feeling better :)