Status: Complete, please comment.

Hourglass

What A Shame

“A pity. May I just say.” he smirked, and polished his knife carefully with the cloth in hand.

She watched carefully has his hand moved across the blade, making the sliver gleam in the moonlight being cast from the window. He look up meeting aqua blue eyes, a smirk played on his lips. He stood up, dropping the black cloth to the ground, and place the blade under her chin. Her body stiffened, and he use the blade to force her chin up. Aqua met green, and green let out amused chuckled.

“Only if I didn’t have a duty to fulfill. We could of have some fun in motel. Ashamed to see such a beautiful young lady die because I have other desires.” he licked his lips, “Do you know what I want?”

She shook her head, afraid to say a word. This only amused him, and he move the blade to her cheek, and held her gaze with his eyes. Her eyes held a glossy coat, and her hair moved when she shivered, her breathing was irregular.

He moved his face five inches away from hers, “I like to call it… revenge. Oh and this is a lovely form of revenge. I get what I want, and you go to Hell.” he chuckled, “Maybe God on your side, and he’ll let you into Heaven. Now that be nice… wouldn’t it?”

He pulled back, and examined the blade under the glow of the moonlight, “Tell me… how do you feel?”

“S--s--scared…” she stuttered. She pulled her knees closer to her chest, and wrapped her arms around them tighter, forcing her knuckles to turn white.

He smirked, “Tell me… sweetheart. What did your mother name you? You're so beautiful, you know.”

She nodded, her short blond bangs falling over her aqua blue eyes, “C-Clare… Elizabeth… Jones.”

He place the blade over her cheekbone, and carefully traced it over her face, “Clare Elizabeth Jones. It fits you. Tell me Clare… do you know who I am?”

“The serial killer on the news?” she murmured.

He place the blade in its sleeve, and slipped it into his pocket; he put his hands together and clapped, “Good girl. Do you know my name?”

She shook her head, and he smirked. He pulled the knife back out, and carefully pulled it from its sleeve in front of the girls eyes. She flinched in fear, and he held in his laughter.

“Seeming has in few minutes I’m going to stick this blade in your chest, and kill you. Well…” he chuckled, “I can tell you.” he whispered in her ear.

He stood up and walked over to the window, and stared over the city that never sleeps, New York City, it made his grin widen. He turned his head around, and chuckled quietly.

“Ever heard of a man by the name of…. Gerard Way?” she shook her head, “Your looking at him.”

He walked over to her slowly, and grinned, “Please.” she pleaded quietly.

He kneeled down to her height, “Got a boyfriend, Clare? Family? Friends? How about… a pet?”

“Yes… please don’t hurt them…” she begged.

He placed a pale hand on her shoulder, “I can’t promise you anything for you are my victim, and if I happen to run into them when I’m… working… well, they will end up just like you.” he gestured to the room, “In this room, with me, and my good old blade.”

She tensed up, “I’ll do anything… just don’t hurt them…”

He chuckled, “I’m sure that was what my brother said… before he died. Well… I enjoyed my time with you Clare, but we must be headed our separated ways.”

He drove the blade into her chest, and she choked on her screams. Her eyes became hazy, and slowly began to roll back into her head. Her body began to ease itself before becoming limp. He yanked the blade from her chest, and picked up the cloth from the floor. He dragged it over the blade cleaning the blood off it, before setting it on the ground.

He pulled a different blade out, and began cutting her chest open, and search for the heart of the victim. He tugged it out from the corpse, and he set it on the ground for a moment. He stood up and grabbed the jar that he had place by the window, and walked back over to where the body was. He opened up the clear jar, and filled it half way with water, that he had kept by the body. He placed the heart inside the jar, and grinned. He wiped the blade clean, and his hands.

He slipped the blades back into his pocket, and walked over to the corner, and pulled a body bag from a box. He made his way back over to the corpse, and slipped the bag over lifeless Clare head, and force the rest of her body inside the bag. He zipped up the bag, and swung it over his shoulder, before making his way out of the abandon building, and to the back where he had parked his black pick-up truck. He threw the bag in the truck bed with three other bags, and hoped in the drivers side of the vehicle. He inserted the key into his ignition, and put the truck in drive.

*********************

The sun was high in the sky, and not a cloud could be seen. The grass was turning into a crisp brown, and the leaves turning into the beautiful colors of fall. A breeze blew by rusting the tips of the leaves. Birds flew by overheard, singing to each other while making their way south for the winter.

He sipped his coffee slowly, glancing at his surrounds in the park. Everyone was there having their fun, but he was there for business. He needed another two hundred bodies, and he would see his brother again. He grinned at seeing the younger Way appear in front of him on the day he reach thousand.

He stood up from the bench deciding the kids in the park really didn’t interest him, seeing has they would be too loud, and too much to handle in the short amount of time. He made his way over to the book store, hoping to find something there to chat with him, so he can lure them in.

He walked into the small book store, hearing the door ‘ding‘. The place was almost empty expect for the old man behind the counter. He glanced up from the novel he was reading, his white hair covered the sides of his head, he had a turkey neck, his skin was light tan, and he wore a blue shirt, with a black vest.

He grinned, “Hello Gerard! I see you have come back for more books!” he stood up, and limped over to him, draping an arm around his shoulder, “A fresh batch of books, and comics came in the other day. I think you’ll like them. Would you like to see them?”

He nodded, “Nah, its fine. I came here to chill, I’ll probably be here for a few hours Alex.”

He grinned, his tobacco breath hit his nose, “Since, you here. My grandson, Frank, should be here in bit. He just got home from the hospital. He was… sent there for a eating disorder. He’s been depressed for a while, and he could use a friend.”

Gerard could use this kid has one of his victims, and his family would think he ran off, or killed himself. It was prefect, “Sure anything for the guy who helped out most of my life.”

He bend down closer to him, “Make sure nothing happens to him. Maybe you can get him to open up.” he patted his back, and walked back over to the counter.

Gerard wondered over to the horror section, and searched for a book that could help him with his ‘work’, he felt like lately, torturing his victims the way he has been for a while was getting… boring. He wanted something new, and maybe this Frank kid could help him. He bit his lips trying to hold in his laughter. He had to keep himself compose, unless he wanted people to notice him. He didn’t need attention when he was so close to getting his brother back.

The shop door opened, and he listen carefully to who it was. Footsteps echoed through the shop, and over to the counter.

“Grandpa, I’m here.” the voice sounded velvet, but slightly raspy.

“I got a great day set for you.” he heard Alex explain.

“Joy. What am I doing… stocking books? Helping Bob with the coffee?” the voice spoke sarcastically.

He heard a chuckled escape Alex’s lips, “He comes to the shop a lot since he was young. You’ll enjoy getting to know him.”

“I really would rather stock books.” he heard the voice complaint.

“Now Frank, he’s in here, lets hope he didn’t hear you. He’s a good kid.”

“Grandpa, I don’t want hang out with anyone. I want to be alone.”

“Your parents told me to look after you while they were settling over in England for a while. Now that your home, maybe you should get a friend.”

He stood up from his spot, and headed over to where he heard the conversation was coming from. He wormed his way through isles of books, and ten feet away from the counter. He saw a short man, with back turn to him, and Alex talking.

“Look Frankie, there he is.” Alex pointed out.

The boy name, Frank, turned around slowly. He had brown, chin length hair, amazing brown eyes, and his skin was a beautiful light tan glow. He wore black skinny jeans, that were ripped at the knees, and a black hoodie with ‘Misfits’ on it written across his chest.

Frank sighed, “A girl? You gave me a girl.”

Alex frown, “Frankie, this is Gerard. Gerard this is Frank.”

Gerard force a friendly grin on his face, and walked closer to the boy, “Hey.”

“Are you a man, or a woman, or both?” he asked.

Gerard took a shaky breathe in, never hearing this much insult about himself; unless he was about to kill someone. He sighed, “A man.”

Frank chuckled, “Are you one of those gay men, who try to look like a girl?”

Gerard let his fingernails sink into his palm, so he wouldn’t blow his cover, “Not at all.”

Frank patted him on the shoulder, “Keep telling yourself that, but I’ll warn you. Make a move on me, and I’ll twist your arm till it breaks.”

Alex shook his head, and turned back to his book. He followed the boy out of the shop, and over to the street corner. He had a large grin paste across his face. Gerard study him carefully. Trying to lure him in might just be harder than he thought. He had to think of another plan… and fast.

“You do drugs?” he asked.

“Yeah...” Gerard answered carefully.

Frank grinned, “What kind?”

“Mostly medications, and drinking.” he answered.

He nodded, brown bangs fell over his eyes, “Do you do any stuff?”

“Time to time.” he glanced at his watch.

“Have a dealer? Mine went to jail while I was away.” he stared up at Gerard.

“I know a few people, but their in New York.” he explained.

Frank sighed, “I need something…” he tapped his foot, “Take me to New York.”

Gerard shook his head. He only ever went to New York for business, and to see a concert from time to time. Going to New York City could blow his cover; which is why he lived in New Jersey still. He had to keep his ‘normal’ and his work life away from each other. In New York he went by a different name as well. He wanted no one to know who he really was. He had chosen the name Brian Quince, and it served him well. He only ever told his name when his victims were about to die.

“I just got back this morning from working all week. I came back here to rest.” he half lied.

The boy sighed, “Let’s go find someone then.”

Gerard grabbed Frank’s arm, “Do you understand? Walking around looking for a dealer, is going to land you in prison. Be smart, and less of an asshole.”

He scoffed, “I’m not going to prison.”

Gerard rolled his eyes, “You just got out of the hospital, and now your thinking about ditching the cops. You're fucking stupid.”

“Trust me. Jail would be hell of a lot more fun.” Frank paused, “They didn’t let me do anything. They would always check my room, time us in the bathroom, and if that isn’t enough; they listen to you while your in there. My doctor would sit next to me during meal time, and watch me carefully as I would eat. She try to get me to open up, but I’m not going to.”

Gerard nodded, “I’ve been to jail, and its not fun.”

“What did you do? Steal a dress.” he smirked.

I sighed, “My brother was murdered and they thought it was me. They kept me in a cell for two days, until they found out that I arrived at the scene hours later.”

Frank nodded, “I’m sorry. When did that happen?”

Gerard glanced up for a moment, “Almost two years ago.”