Status: Complete, please comment.

Hourglass

Cold Case

Gerard watched the boy carefully has he was ordering his meal. He carefully listened to what Frank wanted. He smirked slightly, and watched has the lady turned away to get their food. Frank grabbed his tea from in front of him, and took a sip from it before looking at Gerard.

“Have you’ve been staring at me?” he set the drink in front of him carefully.

Gerard chuckled, “Why would I stare at something if it’s not even a piece of fine art.”

“You call yourself an artist?” Frank jeered.

Gerard grinned, “Well… I went to art school. I think I know the difference between a piece of crap and an angel.”

Frank pulled his lip ring into his mouth, “I still think you’re a woman.”

“Got a crush on me Frankie boy… are you begging for dick? I can give you want you want. No charge.” Gerard tilted his head and watched Frank.

He shook his head, “I bet your dick wished it was at least has big has Rhode Island.”

Gerard had barely known this guy, and after two hours of just meeting him. It seemed difficult to talk to the guy. Frank would always throw insults at him, and try to break the wall that Gerard had spent time building. He wouldn’t lose to a guy five feet shorter than him. Its like, God not punishing people when they commit the seven most deadliest sins.

“Tell me Frank... were you liked in high school? I assume you just finished high school not too long ago.” Gerard smirked, and he could see Frank beginning to cripple.

He narrowed his eyes at the older man, “Why do you care to know?”

“Horrible personality, constantly asking me about dope… face it Frankie, you’re a dumbass.” he let out a chuckle, “I’m certain you barely pass, but somehow did. What did you do… bride the teachers?”

Chocolate eyes held rage inside, and he took a shaky breathe in, “What’s your deal?”

Gerard was amusing himself now, he saw how Frank became very protective over his past. He smirked, “Let’s face it… people don’t go around throwing shit if your high school years didn’t suck. What happen? The football team shoved you in lockers? Or did the girl you liked only wanted you to get her boyfriend back so she… fucked you.” the words rolled off his tongue like they meant nothing.

The younger mans eyes became glossy, “What the fuck are you doing?”

“I’m a therapist. I break people, and see what’s really wrong with them. Bet you’ve never had a doctor like that… that’s because they have no idea what the fuck their doing.” Gerard lend backwards and picked up a piece of bread from the center of the table, amused at how Frank was acting.

Frank shook his head, “I thought you went to art school…”

“Oh, I did… but I’m back in school, and now I’m an intern.” he explained his fake reason for being in New York.

“How did you do that?” he asked.

“Hacking people is easy. Everyone is like a book; you just have to know what your looking for.” Gerard flashed his pearly whites.

The waitress came back and set plates in front of them, “Can I get you anything else?”

“No, thank you.” Gerard said, and watched her walk away.

Frank studied him closely. Something was different about this man. He had never met a man like this before, and its obvious Gerard is hiding something big… but what? But then again, Frank just met the guy, and he wasn’t sure about his life. He sighed, and shoved the pasta into his mouth.

***********************************A week later******************

He watched the area carefully looking for his next victim. He locked eyes with a women who was sitting over by the bar. She smiled, and walked over to him. Her black hair was down to her shoulders, and she had beautiful pale skin. Her fingernails were painted red, and her lips were a ruby red. She wore a black tank top, showing her stomach, and a white mini skirt, with black high heels. Her eyes were a light shade of green, and she wore dark green eye-shadow, and black eye-liner.

“Lonely?” she asked, her voice was smooth.

Gerard smirked, “Maybe… or maybe I’m saving this for a friend.”

She nodded, “Where’s your friend?”

“In front of me.” he tilted his head, and grinned.

She stood up from her place, and sat on Gerard’s lap, “Where’s your friend now?”

“On me.” lips crushed on top of his, and he smirked before kissing back. He pulled away, “Name?”

“Call me… Tina. How ‘bout you?” she ran her fingers through his hair.

“Brian. How about you come back to my place, and I’ll show you a good time.” he wrapped his arms around her.

She loosely wrapped her arms around his neck, “Good time huh…? This place is boring anyway.”

*****************************************************
Gerard stuff the heart of the victim into a jar, and smirked, “You were hard to get… but in the end, Gerard Way always wins.” he set the jar in a box, and grinned to himself.

He amazed himself when the cops had no idea about him. They had found a few bodies, but Gerard is just too careful for them to get any DNA. He didn’t wear gloves, but it didn’t matter cause somehow he was able to stay on low profile without them. He didn’t beat the body cause that would pin point him in no time. He simply removed the heart of every single one of his victims.

He grinned and threw the bag over shoulder, while making his way out of the building, and to his truck.

He had to find a new place to dump the bodies every night has he had commited another sin. He thought for a moment before putting the bag in the truck bed, and slowly climbed into the driver’s side. He put the radio on quietly, and drove off.

*****************************************************

Frank sighed, and glanced at his watch. He was almost an hour late. He was sitting outside his grandfathers’ bookstore, while waiting for Gerard to pick him up. The younger man looked around, and didn’t see the raven-hair kid. He bought his knees to his chest, and wondered if Gerard blew him off.

He sighed, just about to give up hope. Frank slowly let his feet hit the pavement, and he stood up. He had better things to do, then wait for someone who wasn’t coming. He began making his way home. A hand touched his shoulder. Frank turned around, and his eyes lit up.

“Your late.” he greeted, the older man.

The older man grinned, “Sorry. I was working really late last night. I didn’t get home till a few hours ago.”

The younger man nodded, “That always sucks.”

Gerard studied the boy carefully and realized that he acted differently. He was not insulting him or anything. He was being… friendly. Gerard held a laugh in, and realized Frank could now be his victim.

“I think I’m okay.” Gerard moved closer to the boy, and Frank watched carefully as to what was going on.

“…What are we doing today?” he asked.

Gerard nodded, and began walking, having the younger man at his side, “I was thinking, we go to New York tonight.”

He grinned, “That sounds cool!”

“You should get all packed up for the night.” Gerard explained, and the younger man nodded.

*******************************Crime scene**************************

“What do you think this is?” a detective asked.

An officer bend down closer to the body, “Heart-Less was here. He can’t be far.”

“By the way she’s dress; she looks like she was at a club last night.” the detective scratched his balding head.

The officer nodded, “We need to patrol every club in New York City. Get some information about this girl, and maybe we’ll finally have him.”

“Sounds good, but last time Heart-Less got his victims from super markets, gas stations, shopping centers, and the park. He might be watching our every-step. So I’m going to explain to the entire force that from now on to this point everything is to remain confidential.” he explained.

“Sounds like a good plan, John, but do you think it will work?” he asked.

“Andrew, I bet every criminal out there uses the news to help them escape from the law. If we keep the rest a secret then, nothing goes out to the public, and the killer will fall in our trap.” John explained.

Andrew nodded, “Sounds good.”