Status: Complete, please comment.

Hourglass

Curse

“He got away! Do you not know how to be an uncover cop!” John yelled, slamming his palm on the desk.

“Sorry, sir… I think he was going to kill the boy he was with. He called him Frank.” he slipped a photo of the boy across the desk. He nodded, “He’s from Newark, New Jersey and his name Franklin Iero.. He’s nineteen and recently was released from a hospital that helps young adults and teens with eating disorders. He suffered from depression, and anorexia”

“What about the suspect?” he asked.

“Gerard Way. He goes by Brian Quince in the City, Gerard Way in his home town. He’s twenty-two, and suffered from depression, and anxiety after his brothers death. He attempted to kill himself at one point. He was held in custody for two days, after his younger brother, Michael Way, was murder. He went to rehab in his late teens for drug abuse, and went to jail for a DUI charges, and possession.” Andrew pushed the files across the desk.

“Is this… the Frank kid working with him?” he asked.

“Not sure, but they are in a relationship together.” he explained.

John nodded, “Help me contact police around the Northeast area. I can’t send you to another state to arrest them, but the FBI will be notified They will not escape.”

*************************************************

The music played quietly in the background, the sun was beginning to rise over from the east, reflecting off the river they were driving by. They passed by a few cars, but not many. They had just pasted a sign telling them Lexington, Virginia on your left.

He flicked on the turning singles, and made his way into the city. His body was begging for sleep, but he needed to fill the tank up, get some food, and keep moving. There wasn’t time to stop and sleep. He looked over at the young brown hair boy. His face rested on the window, and his mouth was slightly ajar. He could see the little glimmer of drool escaping his mouth. His face looked so relax.

He saw a gas station coming up, and got into the turning lane. He pulled into the station, and parked the car in front of a pump. He sighed, not wanting to wake his lover. He shook him gently. The once peaceful face disappeared, and chocolate eyes slowly opened up. He yawn, and stretched in his seat.

“Where are we?” he asked,

“Lexington, Virginia, we can’t be here to long. We need to move. Go inside, and get some coffee, drinks, and some snacks.” he handed Frank forty dollars, “I’m going to fill up, and can you take over the wheel?”

He nodded, and slipped the money into his pants pocket, “Okay, anything else.”

“Besides the fact of go now or hold it for another six hours. I think were good.” Gerard sighed, and threw the keys into the cup holder.

Frank pulled the older boy closer, and smashed their lips together for a quick minute. He pulled away, and flashed a small grin across his face before he left the vehicle and walked inside the station.

He grabbed a basket by the door, and walked over to the snacks and looked for things that he thought Gerard would like. He threw in some chips, goldfish, beef jerky, candy, and whatever else that sounded good in the baasket. He grabbed two six packs of sodas, and some coffee. He walked over the cashier.

The lady seem young, and her red hair was tied back. Her skin was a light tan, and covered in freckles, her fingernails were painted blue, and she wore her work uniform.

“Did you find everything you needed alright?” she asked.

He nodded, “Can I get a pack of smokes, red Marlboro.”

She nodded and reached under the counter pulling out a pack, “ID?” Frank pulled his wallet out, and flashed him his ID before she scanned it and placed it in the bag with the other foods and drinks. She smiled, “Have a nice trip.”

“Thank you.” he grinned and made his way out of the station and to the car. Gerard was checking the air pressure in the tires, and Frank opened the back door, placing the bags inside. He slammed it shut and walked over to Gerard, coffees still in hand. Gerard grinned and grabbed it from the younger man.

“Let me check the tires, and we can leave.” he explained.

“How far south are we going?” the younger man asked.

Gerard nodded to himself, and stood up slowly, “Were still in the northeast… drive until you start to feel really tired or when were running out of gas. Don’t stop if you see cops.”

Frank nodded, and wrapped his arms around the older mans waist, “Got it.”

Gerard held his coffee with one hand, wrapping the other around the younger man, and bringing his lips close to his forehead, “Good, we need to go. We can’t spend to much time here.”

The both hopped in the vehicle and Frank started the engine before pulling away from the gas station, and headed south away from the trouble up north.

*********************************************************

“They’re not in Canada and their not in the northeast. Were did they go?” the officer, Mark, spoke.

“Well, maybe they knew something was going on and left the area.” Steve explained, while reading through a file.

“Listen guys, there’s a killer on the run. A young man is traveling with him, and we have no idea whether the two are a team or is victim. We need to catch both men, and find out. Most importantly we need to catch Gerard Way.” Josh explained, “Were part of the FBI because we’re good at what we do. Now, I need a report on where they were last seen.

Mark nodded, “They were seen at a gas station in Lexington, Virginia. No reports on what gas station.”

Josh stretched the bottom of his chin, “Interesting. Their either head one of three ways.” he raised his fist up, “South,” his index finger popped out of the knuckle, “west,” his middle finger came up, “east.”

“How can they head east?” Steve asked.

“You idiot! They get on a boat, and sail to Africa. Gerard knows too well that he is one of the most wanted criminals on the list.” Mark slammed his fist on the table.

“Look I need everyone to contact every agent in this building, every officer across the country, and every man in the navy. We won’t let them escape. Not when were this close.”

****************************************

“Gerard?”

Gerard grinned and forced a smile on his face, “Yes, Frank?”

“Why are we driving south? What’s down south?” he asked.

“Look, were stealing a boat once we get Florida. From there, we’ll land on an island, and steal another. We won’t stop until we get to South America.” he explained.

Frank shook his head, griping onto the wheel, “But…”

“I need to finish my job, Frank. I would advise you to join me. I say this because they probably suspect you.” he lend back in his chair.

“Suspect me has what?”

“Either a teammate or a victim I suppose. I will take care of you. If we head west we can run into some trouble. They suspect us heading south, but were going to turn our course west in the Caribbean.” he lend forward and picked up a carton of Marlboro, removing a cancer stick from the box, and placing it in his mouth.

“Don’t you think that they’re looking for us international?” Frank watched the older man opening his window, and took in a long drag.

He exhaled the smoke and nodded, “I’m going to finish my job for Mikey.”

“Gerard! Listen to yourself! Your running from the law! You’ve been caught, and look at you. Your not going to stop. If there’s a another murder report it will be linked back to you. They’ll figure out where you are, and your not going to have time to get away.” the younger man gripped on the stirring wheel.

“My brother didn’t deserve to die young.” he flicked the ashes out the window.

“Oh! Like your victims did! What about me?! You almost killed me!” he raised his voice.

Gerard threw his filter out the window, and shook his head, “I’m sure they’re sinful.”

Frank pulled over to the side of the highway and turned the key, “What?! I’m sinful! What the fuck did I do?!”

He shook his head, “Your not. When I met you I thought you were going to be my victim, not my boyfriend.”

“Are you proud of who you are? You sound like ego went up your ass.” Frank yelled.

He tried to grab a hold of the younger mans hand, but it was yanked away from his gasp, “If I could rewind life. I would make sure that this part of my life never happened.”

Frank unlocked the car, “I’m leaving. I’m going to find my way back home.”

The older man grabbed the younger mans arm, “Frank, don’t be stupid. The police might be looking for you too. You won’t make it far. Please don’t go. Last thing I want is for something to happen to you.”

Frank tugged his arm out of Gerard’s gasp, “I won’t tell them about you, but I don’t want to go anywhere with you anymore.” he opened the door.

The car door slammed shut, leaving Gerard in shock. Love seems to only curse his life.