Status: activeeee...If you comment :)

Too Much

Friends Like These

Allie

The next couple of weeks went past in a blur and before I knew it we were well into autumn, with the leaves falling delicately off nearby trees and surrounding the air with the sound of crunching beneath your toes.

I hadn’t even noticed the time travel by so fast, I was so preoccupied with Maddie and making sure she didn’t have another relapse. Jack was over at ours nearly every day and night looking after her, saying he was helping take some of the pressure off of me in the process. However as much as I wanted to believe him, I couldn’t even take my eyes off Maddie for a few seconds to go out and have fun – I wanted to help him look after her.

Somewhere along the line though, the balance between looking after Maddie and my relationship with Alex took a steep slide. Maddie, fingers crossed, hadn’t had a relapse since the one she admitted to Jack about, she made us keep it at just a rumour to the rest of the group – it was killing me.

It was in my nature not to keep secrets, I despised everything about secrets. Maddie had put me in an awkward position because she didn’t want Alex to know, Alex was my boyfriend I should be telling him everything – but it was Maddie’s wish and I had to, up to some degree, respect that.

“How’s she been?”

Stepping into the kitchen I drop the grocery bags down onto the white, marble kitchen counter directing my question over towards the bright, brown eyed boy cooking pancakes over the stove. Turning around to acknowledge me, Jack shrugged simply and responded.

“Same as the rest of this week, I think she’s going to be okay but I get the feeling we’re kind of –“

“Smothering her too much?”

“Yeah”

He replied walking over towards me and placing a stake of pancakes down in front of me, he handed me a fork as he held one too and together we got stuck in. Swallowing down the last mouthful of pancake, I looked up to see Jack staring at me intently, analysing me.

“What?”

“You don’t seem right, something up?”

Sighing to myself I pushed my empty plate out in front of me, Jack knew when something was up with anyone – it really bugged me.

“I feel bad for saying this because Maddie is my best friend, but I just…I just think looking after Maddie has made me kind of neglect Alex slightly”

Looking down at my black converses in front of me, I tried to avoid Jack’s expression. In my gut I had the feeling he would judge me, say something like how could I even think something like that when Maddie is so fragile.

“I said from the day I found out I would look after her if you needed me too, I have been all along with your help. But I agree maybe you should take sometime for yourself and Alex. Organise a party or something and invite everyone he’ll like that”

“But Maddie she needs looking after –“

“No I don’t it’s been two weeks and I haven’t lapsed…Stop baby sitting me bitches!”

Maddie interrupted us both; she even interrupted what Jack was going to say back to me. He therefore just closed his mouth shut and looked anywhere else but towards Maddie.

“Oh well okay, but are you sure you’re okay?”

“Allie…Jack, I’d tell you if I weren’t”

Maddie directed her sentence to Jack more specifically, ever since the incident at School he solely concentrated on getting her better. But there was something, something else was causing this awkwardness they placed between them. Maddie cut through the awkward silence immediately with a subtle change of subject.

“So what were you guys talking about? I heard a party”

“Urm I might be planning one for Alex, I haven’t seen him for a while so…”

“Sorry Allie”

Maddie muttered under her breath rubbing her arms with her hands in nervousness.

“But I haven’t lapsed since then. I think I’m all good so I’ll come along”

“Oh okay then”

Jack looked between me and Maddie with concern written all over his face, he knew it would probably be best if Maddie didn’t come – then again there was no arguing with Maddie once her mind was made up.

//
My planning skills for the party were little and mainly non-existent, basically all I had done was invite Zack, Rian, Jack, Maddie, Alex L, Cass, Sierra, Mike, Blake and a few other of Alex’s friends from school and told them to turn up on the beach later on tonight.

Rushing up into mine and Maddie’s room I noticed Maddie was just about done, only adding a few final touches to her make-up before she smiled at me and left to leave me to get ready. Shifting through my clothes I sighed in frustration – I had no idea what to wear.

Pulling out my iphone I keyed in a number I knew would definitely be able to help me out, I heard Cass’ voice answer on the other end and explained my situation, she laughed but promised to be over with Sierra in a few minutes.

She didn’t lie…10 minutes later Sierra and Cass burst through the bedroom door, Sierra plopped down next to Maddie on the bed, who had rejoined us, while Cass made her way over to me.

“Right I’m giving you a make-over, Alex won’t be able to resist”

Unable to protest and held against my will, I was pinned down by Sierra and Maddie while Cass began pulling items out of my wardrobe and flinging them across the room. Cass applied some make-up on my face, normally the heavy eye shadow I was used to was still there but this time a lot lighter.

“Here now put this on”

She handed me a floral dress my mother had bought me months ago, I liked it but never wore it. I didn’t feel the need to wear it, it wasn’t exactly…me. However I had no desire to disobey Cass, slipping off my desk chair I grasped the dress and went into the en suite to change.

“Oh I love it! But we don’t have a jacket to go with it”

Cass replied as I stepped out of the en suite in the dress, feeling somewhat uncomfortable. Maddie smirked at me; she knew just as well as I did I hate this shit. Sierra walked over to my bed and pulled off the red hoodie placed on the end of it, holding it up in the air.

“What about this?”

“It’s Alex’s though, I just wear it around the house”

“It’s perfect! wearing your boyfriend’s hoodie is hot”

Cass laughed as she took Alex’s hoodie off Sierra and chucked it at my face, scrunching my face up and pulling the hoodie off my face I slid my arms in the comfortable fabric, taking in Alex’s scent as I did so.

“Hey don’t mess up my make-up”

“Woah my make-over MUST be working”

“Shut up!”

Slapping Cass’ arm I slipped on my red vans to match and together we all left for the beach party.

//
We walked down onto the sandy beach, slipping off my Van’s I held them loosely in my fingers as I let the grains sink beneath my tights. Linking my arms with Cass, Maddie and Sierra we giggled at practically everything and anything as I spotted some of mine and Alex’s friends crowding around a bonfire.

Searching desperately for Alex my smile never left my face…that was until I did actually spot Alex and he wasn’t alone. Dropping my grip from around Sierra and Maddie’s arm, they followed my fallen expression over towards the scene.

“Oh yeah about that…Nicole and her gang kind of invited themselves. We tried to stop them but –“

The rest of Sierra’s sentence didn’t even register in my mind, all my attention and focus was on the boy in front of me being seemingly seduced by the conniving blonde placed in front of him. Her hand ran all the way up his shirt to the collar as she pulled it and him towards her.

I felt all of the girl’s eyes on me in concern and unable to swallow the dry lump forming in my throat, I twisted on my bare feet and began to walk back the way I had just come. However a force had me by the shoulder, veering me back around to face the boy I love.

“Watch”

Maddie whispered into my ear, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion I followed her gaze just as Nicole was going in for the kill. She pressed herself against my boyfriend, who at this point held on tightly to the bottle of Coors light in his hand. Just as there lips were about to touch, Alex smirked and pulled himself away leaving Nicole hanging.

“I don’t think so”

She scoffed in his face as Alex walked away from her, turning his body in one direction and noticing us girls standing there, trying to all avert our eyes away from Alex acting like we didn’t see. His lips pulled into a massive crooked grin and he walked over to us.

Once he closed the gap he picked me up in his arms for an embracing hug, instantly I wrapped my legs around his waist and giggled into the crook of his neck as he placed sweet kisses along mine. Over his shoulder I saw Nicole standing, hand on her hip with a look of disgust on her face – smirking I raised my middle finger at her.

“Well someone looks beautiful”

Alex whispered in my ear as he dropped me back down onto my feet, his arms resting gently on my waist as mine wrapped around his neck.

“Thank Cass”

I laughed looking over my shoulder towards Cass, Maddie and Sierra who stood behind me with goofy grins on there faces. Coughing swiftly to knock them out of there trance, Cass shook her head.

“No problem, you guys are cute enough together anyway”

She saluted Alex and grabbed Sierra by her arm as they made there way over to Blake, Zack and Rian to get some alcohol. Maddie was the only one left watching us and on instinct shuffled from foot to foot in nervousness.

“Urmm yeah I’m just going to –“

“Jack’s in the sea trying to find a clown fish called Nemo…I’m not even lying”

Alex cut her off staring me in the eyes as we giggled at Maddie’s nervousness. Maddie laughed back and looked back up at us her ocean blue eyes sparkling with mischief.

“God, how many times do I have to tell that boy….you can’t find Nemo unless you find Dory first!”

Before me or Alex could respond Maddie had taken off in a run towards the sea and to the lanky figure stood in the distance. Biting down on my nail I tried to suppress laughing at my best friend’s expense, Alex stared at me for what seemed like ages before he pulled me towards him, capturing our lips in a passion kiss.

“What was that for?”

“For being so damn cute….and for organising this”

He responded resting his arm around my shoulder as we walked off together towards the rest of the gang.

//
“Dude pass the Jaeger!”

Jack shouted at Rian accusingly, his boney finger hitting Rian square in his muscular chest, which in effect did nothing to knock Rian. Maddie stood behind Jack giggling like a little school child, while Zack the only partially sober one spoke up, his arm around an uncontrollable Sierra nestled into his side.

“Jack I told you before, Rian doesn’t have it…Mike does!”

“Then where the FUCK is Mike?”

“Urm I…I don’t know…Ahh shit he always gets drunk and gets lost. This can’t be good”

Alex L spoke up from beside me, Alex and Blake. Looking around none of us could see Mike anywhere. Jack by this point was going frantic for his Jaeger.

“MIKE…MIKE? WHERE THE FUCK IS THE JAEGERRRR!”

He continued to run around in circles with his arms flailing around in the air. The rest of us on the other hand were more concerned, so we all split up in search on Mike and his Jaeger.

Being on my own I went down one side of the beach that had various sand dunes and hills, I was suddenly surprised by the sound of a glass bottle hitting some stones in the distance.

“Mike?”

“ALLLLIEEEE!”

Yeah it was Mike; carefully sliding down one of the dunes I was confronted by Mike’s slouched over figure playing with the empty bottle of Jaeger he had thrown in the sand. Placing my hands in Alex’s hoodie and pulling it tighter across my body, I planted my bum down in the sand next to Mike taking the empty bottle off of him and his incessant fiddling.

“Mike you know you like this just reminds me of the baseball/pool party”

I giggled to myself whilst nudging him, watching him sway slightly from left to right before correcting himself upright again. Smiling to myself I watched Mike animatedly I had a good set of friends over here, better than England, I had an amazing boyfriend and my best friend was better.

“You know Mike I really couldn’t have asked for a better set of friends, you guys are –“

“I like youuu Allie”

“Awh I like you too Mike”

“No…I” He hiccupped “I like you a lot”

“Oh…Mike I have –“

Before I could tell Mike to remember I was with Alex, the cool metal of his lip ring pressing against my lips cut me off. His lips were tinged with the strong taste of cough medicine, before he could delve any further into the kiss; I pushed him away from me as he stumbled backwards into the sand, utterly repulsed I was about to shout at him but a familiar voice cut me out of it.

“You dick!”

Turning around I saw Alex standing on top of the dunes as he marched down towards me and Mike, grabbing him by the scruff of the neck he stared him in the eyes before smashing his fist straight into Mike’s nose. The metallic smell of blood filling the sea air as Alex grabbed my hand and dragged me away from Mike.

He dragged me away from the dunes and closer to the edge of the ocean, I remained silent and instead watched Alex very closely; he was pissed that much was evident from the fiery tinge held behind his auburn eyes. We carried on walking in silence until finally he stopped and turned to me – I just hope he didn’t believe I wanted that kiss, which to be honest was barely even a peck.

“I can’t believe you kissed Mike! I thought I could trust you Allie, I was so happy to finally be with someone who made me happy. You had to ruin it all didn’t you?”

He obviously believed it, gulping down the forming lump and the fresh water tears that were threatening to spill over curved barriers, I blinked a few times before looking up into his teddy bear eyes swirled with anger. I thought he trusted me.

“Do you know how much it hurts loving someone with every bit of your heart? No I thought not”

Choking on my words I took in Alex’s, did he just attempt to say he loved me? Finding the courage to speak out, I tried desperately to call him back to me as he walked away.

“Alex, I –“

“Save it Allie, go back to Mike. I bet he has been the one you’ve been seeing these past two weeks haven’t you?”

He spat with venom behind his bite, it was a different side to Alex but I deserved it – I guess. No I had not expected Mike to kiss me, No I don’t like him in that way, and No Alex didn’t believe me. But yes, I did push Mike away and yes I did…

“But I love you too”

…love Alex back. I whispered my confession, the words I found hard to say to any boy freely these days. However I found them easy to say to him, but he’d never hear them. Alex carried on walking away as my whispers found themselves swept away in the descending, night air.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update time!
ALLIE
Again I apologized for the lack of updates on There Will Be Rain and I'm going to do it for this too.
I went to Reading Festival and things got caught up and got complicated, I've been feeling poo. Hence the lack of updates :/ sowwwiee :(

Anyway I posted the first chapter for my new story that I told you guys about featuring You Me At Six -Loverboy
Go check it out if any of you are Sixer's.

On another note I was naughty today and spent the majority of my wages :3
I pre-ordered Sinner's Never Sleep & ordered this Amerrickan jumper Zack Merrick Clothing Sex

P.S have for some reason not been able to stop listening to this all day!
Eargasm

Keep throwing comments at me, I love you all :3 even the silent readers!