Status: activeeee...If you comment :)

Too Much

Shooting Star

Maddie
Flashback to before the beach party

“Maddie are you seriously going to wear that?”

Sierra asked me before holding up numerous dresses and skirts in front of me, pulling down on my woolly jumper I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly keeping my eyes focused on Sierra.

“Uh yeah it’s kind of cold out tonight, hence the jumper I’m wearing shorts anyway so quit bugging what’s the big deal”

I mocked jokingly Sierra held her hands up in defence before dropping numerous articles of clothing down on my bed before folding them away, a secret smirk appearing on her naturally nude lips.

“Oh nothing I’m just saying if you aiming to impress anybody –“

“Who says I’m trying to impress someone”
I countered immediately I knew where Sierra was taking this and averting my baby blue eyes over to my en suite bathroom door, I begged and pleaded silently with my eyes for Allie and Cass to walk out of there and save me from Sierra’s interrogation.

“Oh come on Maddie we all know there’s something going on with you and Jack –“

“No there’s not, he’s being weird with me at the moment anyway”

I replied hanging my head down low in sadness, I honestly had no idea why there was this awkward air surrounding me and Jack – it was really starting to annoy me. Out of nowhere my head snapped up when I swear I heard Sierra mumble something along the lines of “Well if you weren’t so drunk…”

Shrugging it off I dismissed it as nothing, probably my paranoid mind over Jack working on overdrive. A swift click echoed through the uneasy silence and a dress clad Allie and a satisfied Cass walked out of the en suite.

“Right let’s get out of here bitches!”

Cass shouted and jumping up off my bed instantly I followed behind Cass, Sierra and Allie as we began to walk out my house and down towards the beach.

-

“Jack’s in the sea trying to find a clown fish called Nemo…I’m not even lying”

“God, how many times do I have to tell that boy….you can’t find Nemo unless you find Dory first!”

Laughing at my loved up best friend with Alex I quickly rushed past them down towards the ocean, where my eyes were immediately exposed to the lanky Lebanese boy that was running through the waves, fully clothed shouting Nemo at the top of his voice.

“NEMMMMMOOOO I’m going to help you find your dad!”

Shaking my head in laughter I slipped my black Van’s off my feet and pulled off my black knee highs before running into the waves to catch my best friend. The refreshing sea breeze smell filled my sense with every step I took closer to Jack, as I got closer he was still not aware that I was by him – so I jumped on his back spontaneously.

“Jackabeeeeee! You need to find dory first you -”

“Shit! –“

As I surprised him by jumping on his back his drunken state took over, he failed to support me in time and as a result we both went crashing down under the waves, the coldness of the ocean sending a stinging sensation to course through my skin as a hand grasped around mine pulling me back up to the surface – a sudden realisation hitting me on the way up.

“Shit I’m so sorry Maddie I didn’t see or hear you, you took me by surprise”

“Urm, urgh…don’t worry about it. I’m just, I’m going…I need to get warm”

Stumbling over my words I shock my head furiously in an attempt to sort out the jumbled thoughts going on in my head, without a second glance at Jack or another word spoke between us I rushed back towards the shore pushing my dripping hair backwards in confusion – Jack hot on my trail.

“Maddie wait, just stop will you…listen whatever I’ve done I’m sorry”

Jack grabbed my wrist just as we left the shoreline, quickly he spun me around to meet him and I was at a lose for words – I just didn’t know how to act around him anymore, so I just decided to brush it all off and act like nothing ever happened.

“It’s nothing Jack I’m just soaking wet and cold now, you’ve done nothing wrong I’m sorry it’s just I didn’t know what to get you as a present to say thank you for urm the bulimia thing”

I lied.

“Ohh is that it? You don’t need to get me anything, just please stop acting weird just talk to me”

Jacks teddy bear brown eyes softened slightly under the evening sky, his grip on my wrist loosened and he slipped off his wet hoodie to keep me warm until we reached the bonfire where all the others we huddled around.

-

In the passing half an hour me and Jack had managed to dry out completely from the heat from the bonfire, I shrugged off Jack’s hoodie and tried to hand it him back but after him telling me to keep it on and me protesting, I eventually forced Jack to take the hoodie back from me– which he did.

“Jackkkk!”

“CASSSSS!”

Jack shouted back equally as loud as I winced slightly at the sheer levels of both of their voices, Cass ran over to us with a red cup full of clear liquid filled to the brim as it sloshed over the edge of the cup as she ran.

She slowed down when she neared us and not being able to spot an empty space on the log me and Jack were sitting on, she took it upon herself to situated herself quite comfortably in Jack’s lap and as she draped her cup free arm around Jack’s shoulder, she placed a sloppy kiss on his slightly stubbly cheek.

Out of nowhere I felt a surge of what I can only think was jealously, shaking it off I convinced myself there was nothing between Cass and Jack – then again why should I even care? It would be too soon in mine and Jack’s friendship to consider taking it further if I wanted to anyway, would he want to? Would I even want to?

Cass eventually left Jack’s side and starting sucking face with Rian on the other log, my suspicions subsiding slightly – why was I acting so paranoid? Alex suddenly walked over by us shaking hands with Mike briefly before standing before me his hand outstretched, I shot Jack a curious glance but he simply shrugged his shoulders – so I took Alex’s hand and he pulled me up into an embracing hug.

“I know Maddie, why didn’t you tell me. I won’t judge, your like a sister to me I want to help you”

Alex whispered into my ear as his supportive words flooded my body with a warm feeling, feeling fresh tears beginning to escape I quickly brushed them off I nodded and hugged him back squeezing him tightly as a thank you.

-

I was desperate to get away from Nicole and her gang and after pleading with Jack he tried to get us away undetected, I hated confrontation and I definitely did not want it tonight. However Nicole seemed to have other ideas.

“Don’t fucking ignore me you bitch! Who do you think you are?”

I felt a pair of boney fingers clutch onto my peroxide blonde curls tugging back forcefully and as a fear response I crushed Jack’s hand in mine as he was oblivious to what was going on. Jack spun around immediately once I screamed in pain and his eyes widened at the sight, he desperately tried to protect me but he couldn’t do that and get Nicole off of me at the same time. Alex luckily stepped in but the rest of the events that followed seemed to pass by in a blur as I was shoved behind Jack and Alex along with Allie.

-

“I thought it was pretty hot though”

I whispered into Jack’s ear as I brought him closer to me, the ripped water drenched material of my vest top still pressed firmly against Jack’s bloody lip. Stepping away from Jack I thought momentarily about what I just said and why the fuck I said it – my mind had no idea what it was doing or saying tonight and I was confusing the fuck out of myself in the process.

However the sudden sound of police sirens filled my ear, as the ear piercing sound got closer and closer. Blake began to flail around like some deluded child hyped up on sugar before he escaped rapidly to the cars. Jack grabbed my hand gently in his before pulling us towards Alex’s car, the sirens approaching quicker and quicker.

“Come on we need to get out of here”

-

15 minutes later and we had managed to lose the cops, god knows how but we did. We all drove further down the beach where the cops wouldn’t be able to find us. Jack and I stood amused watching as all our friends decided to go skinny dipping into the freezing cold ocean.

“Coming guys?”

Alex asked stripping off his t-shirt while Allie giggled before stripping down to her bra and knickers, out of the corner of my eye I saw a sly smirk make an appearance on Jacks lips before he subtly turned his head ever so slightly towards me – a smirk appearing on my rosy lips in response.

“Nope”

We both responded in unison before we watched as Alex and Allie ran down into the sea to meet the others, a chorus of whoops and cheers echoing in the night sky. Laughing at all of my friends especially Mike, watching that guy trying to balance himself from the waves was hilarious. So hilarious I didn’t notice Jack had disappeared from my side, glancing over my shoulder I saw his lanky figure outstretched on Alex’s car bonnet as he gazed uncaringly up at the stars above us.

Smiling to myself I walked the simple 3 steps towards the car bonnet before leaning my bum against the hood and jumping slightly so I could slide up the hood, laying down next to Jack as I did so – his arm instantly wrapping around my shoulder pulling me towards him as I subconsciously fiddled with the zipper on his hoodie as he twirled my curls around his finger.

“Jack! A shooting star…quick make a wish”

I watched intently as Jack’s face lit up and how he shut his eyes on my command, his nose scrunching up in a cute way as he desperately thought of his wish. After a few minutes he surprised me when his eyelids flew open, our eyes instantly connecting.

“Done?”

“Yup”

We resumed our position for a few minutes but from the rising and falling of Jack’s chest I could tell he was deep in thought, and whatever it was was bugging him badly. Eventually Jack broke the comfortable silence and spoke up.

“Madz?”

“Yes Jackabee?”

“You really don’t remember do you?”

Whenever he said that sentence the past couple of days it really didn’t register in my mind at all, I didn’t understand what he meant by it. However tonight of all nights was the first time I had a tiny inkling at what he might be hinting at, that splash in the ocean before jogged my memory to a previous encounter with Jack under the water – I just hoped I was right. Looking out towards our friends I knew everything in this moment would change, thinking hard and long I took the risk.

“Was it by any chance this?”

Jack furrowed his bushy brows together confused before I leant forward, his eyes went wide in realisation but eventually he leant forward to. When I could feel his breath on my lips I instinctively closed my eyes and crashed my lips against Jack’s, he placed his hand gently on my cheek while mine went to the back of his neck bringing him closer to me. This is what I wanted, I wanted Jack – it just took me until now to realise it, just when the butterflies were being set off in my stomach and the fireworks going off in the background – all the cliché stuff.

His tongue went to explore my mouth as did mine, after a heated make out session I needed to breathe and as I broke the kiss I rested my forehead against Jack’s as he continued to stroke my cheek – both our chest heaving, desperate for oxygen.

“Because I remember it now”

I whispered breathlessly as Jack just nodded to answer my question before our kiss. His brown eyes reflected my blue ones under the moonlight as he stared at me intently before pushing some of my curls behind my ear.

“Maddie please be my girlfriend”

Again at them words from Jack my stomach erupted with butterflies and my heart began to swell with happiness and love, yes love something I thought I wouldn’t experience ever. I trusted and still trust Jack, something which I never did with previous boyfriends. I made then earn my trust and they all abused it. Jack was different he didn’t even have to earn it; I gave it to him willingly and immediately. Biting down on my bottom lip I responded to Jack with a short, shy nod – I was in shock. Laughing lightly Jack placed his hand under my chin before sealing my answer with a sweet kiss on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Madeline went to find Nemo like this

Another update for you guys :) so if this confused you at all the last chapter was Jack's chapter from the beach party up until the shooting star bit. Then this chapter flashbacks to the beginning of the party and how Maddie realised and why Alex wanted to speak to her etc.

Check out my original fic please Crash

Also if you like You Me At Six maybe check out Loverboy
They haven't come into the story yet but give it a few updates and they will definitely be causing trouble ;)

loveyouallyouamazingreaders/commenters/subscribers<3