Status: Completed <3

Qualities a Good Girl Lacks

Good Byes

Cathy's leaving today so I'm in the living room helping her move her bags to the front door like I've been doing all day. After I put the last bag down she beckoned me over to the couch where she seemed to be sitting comfortably. I walked over to her and sat next to her.

"James, I just want to let you know that I want you to call me when ever, just like I said, and I really mean it. You won't be intruding or hassling me, so please do not hesitate." She said,taking my hands.

"Cathy, I know. You've said this like a million times." I said,reassuring her with a smile on my face.

"Well you're dense, I feel the need to repeat myself." She chuckled sadly, trying to hide the solemn expression on her face.

I saw tears starting to form in her eyes. It was harder for her to leave me than it was for me to let her go. I pulled her into a hug.

"Cathy I'll be fine." I said,quietly.

"You don't know that." She choked out.

"Yes I do." I responded,hugging her tighter.

"You're just like Daddy." She laughed,"You think you know everything." She pulled away and held me at arms length looking at me, and smiling sadly.

"And you're just like Mom, strong. You can do this Cathy, don't worry about me." I said.

She nodded her head and we sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, crying quietly obviously thinking about things. I gave her the time to gather her thoughts and leaned back into the couch.

"You're right." She said,wiping her tears,"I have a surprise for you Loser." She said,her voice almost back to normal.

I looked at her quizzically, but she didn't explain she just grabbed my hand and pulled me outside and into the driveway.

"Ta-Da!" She said,throwing her hands into the air.

I looked around but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.She must have seen my confusion.

"My car! Matt I'm giving you my car!" She screeched.

"What!?"

"My.Car." She said,slowly.

"Seriously!?" I asked,running up to her car and staring at it.

"Duh!" She laughed.

I started walking around the car and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. But all of a sudden my smile disappeared.

"Wait Cathy, I can't take your car. You need it." I said,walking up to her.

"No I don't." She smirked.

"What do you mean,of course you need it."

"Do you think I worked at Mike's Pizza for nothing?" She asked," I used the money I saved to get a new,well used,but new to me car! And I figured that since you already have your license all you needed was a car, hence the Ta-Da! It's your Matt!" She gushed.

"Whoo!" I cheered, running up to her and wrapping my arms around her,spinning her in a big circle.

A car pulled up in front of our house and Mya hopped out of it. The driver's side window rolled down and revealed Mrs. Urban, Mya's mother.

"Hello James." She said.

"Hello Mrs.Urban." I said,shyly. Her mother still scared the crap out of me.

"Oh Cathy! Hello!" Mya's mother said,excitedly.

"Hey, Mrs.Urban!" Cathy yelled,running up to the drivers side.

Mya's mother loved Cathy. I wish I was so lucky. Mya walked up to me with a smile on her face.

"Hey Matty." Mya said.

"Cathy gave me her car!" I said.

"Epic!" She yelled.

I pulled her into one of those warm hugs she was giving me yesterday at the beach.

"Woah Matt, a little touchy today aren't we?" she said,pushing me off lightly and walking towards Cathy.

Huh? She's acting like yesterday never happened. She couldn't have forgotten already,did I just imagine the whole 'acting like a couple' thing? No, I couldn't have. But if I didn't then she wouldn't have minded me hugging her like that. Maybe I just made it into something more than it was because I wanted it to be more. I've never been known to do that but I guess there's a first time for everything. I shrugged it off and went over to Cathy.

Mya's P.O.V

He pulled into one of those hugs that reminded me of yesterday and I pulled away quickly, spitting out a remark and walking away. I started to get a little too close yesterday but I didn't notice until I got home that night and saw myself in the mirror with his hoodie wrapped around me. Matt hurts and I almost forgot that pain. I told myself that I wasn't going to get myself in that situation again and I meant it. Matt is my best friend and that's all he'll ever be, you hurt me once and I'll never give you the chance to do it again. I'm not into forgive and forget, it's bull shit. Why should I let someone slide when they fucked up? Oh yeah, I shouldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my commenters!:
Alexander Gaskarth;
Pathetic Souvenir;
Juli_Tabouli

I appreciate the feedback!
And another thank you to my readers and subscribers!