Status: Completed <3

Qualities a Good Girl Lacks

Of Course Not...

It was finally Friday and I was just walking into my home room class, taking my seat like I did every morning. Mya was at the front of the room arguing quietly with Ms.Watson,I couldn't hear what they were saying but neither of them looked too happy, I saw Ms.Watson throw her arms up and Mya nod gratefully,turning away. She strut up to me and sat down next to me.

"Hey math buddy." She said,putting her stuff down.

"I don't think this is your seat." I laughed, turning to face her.

"It is now, that Bryan kid was creepy and I told Ms.Watson you wouldn't mind."

"And what if I do mind?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Then you can suck it up and learn to love me." She smiled and pulled out her notebook.

I shook my head and laughed, preparing to take the notes that Ms.Watson was scribbling down on the board. I've been showing Mya around all week and it's been great, she didn't try to get me to do anything else suspension worthy. But she continuously made me flush red throughout our days together,weather or not she knew it is beyond me. She's hot,funny, and just really cool to hang out with,we're getting really close and the rumors are escalating quickly.I wonder if Mya knows what people are saying? Though I doubt she cares. The only flaw in our 'relationship',if you can call it that,is that in all actuality I stand no chance with her. And even worse, I really wish that I did. She's a really cool girl,but I know she doesn't feel the same way about me that I'm starting to feel about her,but I'm cool with just being friends. And it's not like I have a choice.Ms.Watson has worked herself into a tizzy about how important the area of a triangle is so I started whispering to Mya.

"Does she know no ones listening?" I asked.

"Of course not." Mya laughed.

"Do you wanna skip out on my sister and eat lunch with me and the guys today?" I asked her.

"Actually, this guy Kenny asked me to sit with him today,tomorrow maybe?"

"Yeah,umm...sure,sure." I said awkwardly,turning back to Ms.Watson.

What she said made me snap back into the reality of high school.Of course she wasn't going to sit with me and I don't know why I expected her to.I mean why would she? I'm just her friend's little brother and I know that, but I guess I didn't see myself as that.I mean, I didn't until now, I guess I saw us as friends. What,did I expect us to become the best of friends and eventually start dating?Yeah. That's just idiotic,if Cathy wasn't my sister she wouldn't even be talking to me right now. I should have been smart enough to realize that five minutes ago instead of making a fool out of myself and asking her to eat lunch with me. She doesn't belong with my group or anywhere near me she belongs with Kenny or Bryan or some one like that, and I shouldn't have even thought any different. Maybe if this wasn't high school and we lived in the real world something could have happened between us, but this is high school and I guess her and I just don't fit.

The bell rang and I moved to my next class silently,trying to keep my head down and avoid Mya's penetrating gaze, I felt embarrassed and just plain stupid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later That Day

I got out of my bed and turned my music down,I layed some clothes on the bed and turned on the shower hopping in. I had to get ready for this free concert tonight that was going on down town, Eddy said that the band was pretty cool so I was excited to be going. I loved Friday nights,I felt like my weekend was just beginning and as always I was so ready for it.
I jumped out of the shower and dried off, pulling on my jeans and shirt. I dried my hair and made my way downstairs. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a can of root beer,when I looked into the living room I saw Cathy sitting on the couch with Mya, laughing hysterically about something on the television. I put my head down and tried to make a quick exit.

"Hey Bro!" Cathy laughed,standing up.

"Hey."

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Concert down town."

"Homework?"

"I'll do it tomorrow."

After my parents passed away last year the courts allowed Cathy to become my legal guardian. So she takes it pretty seriously, she's not always on my back but she makes sure I get my shit done which I guess is good.

"Fine",she turned to Mya," I'll be right back." She said,running up the stairs.

I went to follow her but Mya stood up and grabbed my arm.

"Matt,are you pissed at me or something?" She asked, a small smile on her lips.

"No,why?"

"Well you basically ignored me all day at school and you're trying to do it again right now."

"No I'm not."

"Is it because I didn't eat with you!?" She asked,laughing.

"No!" I lied, in a defensive tone.

"Don't bull shit with me Matt." She said,rolling her eyes," At least have the balls to tell me to my face that you're pissed,right now your acting like a fucking girl." She said,sitting down.

"I'm not acting like a girl Mya, I'm just giving you the chance to fall in with your group, I don't want you to feel obligated to hang out with me." I said,putting my hands in my pockets.

"My group?Obligated?Matt you are acting like a girl and a petty one at that."She laughed,"I hang out with who ever I fucking want to."She said, plopping down on the couch and popping a piece of popcorn into her mouth.

"Alright,I just thought t-."

"Well you thought wrong."She said quickly.

I laughed and shook my head,she patted the couch next to her and I sat down, I guess everything was resolved, she didn't seem mad and I was just relieved that I made it all up in my head.

"So why wasn't I invited to this concert?" She asked,taking a sip of my root beer and handing it back to me.

"Do you want to come?"

"No."

"Then why do you care if I asked you or not?"

"It would have been nice to be considered." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"It's a guy thing anyways,you wouldn't have any fun." I said, walking to the front door.

"You don't know that!" She claimed.

"Trust me,it's sweaty and loud,you wouldn't have any fun."

"You don't know me as well as you think Matt Flyzik." Mya smirked.

Instead of over analyzing what she said like I wanted to I said good night and opened the door.

"Matt?" Mya said, I turned around.

"Yeah?"

"You,me. Lunch on Monday?"

"It would be an honor." I said,she nodded and smiled before turning back to the T.V.

I exited the house and waited at the bottom of the driveway for Eddy to pick me up.I laughed at the situation that just occurred, I guess anything is possible when it comes to girls. I feel kind of pathetic for freaking out now,I was acting like exactly what she called me, a petty girl. I mean,why wouldn't she hang out with me? I know she's out of my league but I'm a pretty nice guy and I guess she can see that. I'm just really happy that she sees us as friends and not as 'Cathy's little brother' like everyone else. I guess that's why I was freaking out,because I was scared that she would see me that way just like everyone else. But I guess she's different, no scratch that,I know she is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)
I'm not getting as much feedback as I hoped for,and one of my subscribers unsubscribed today...it's discouraging but I quit being a wuss and dealt.
Thank you for commenting:
nathaliie
Pathetic Souvenir;
Alexander Gaskarth;

Your comments keep me going with this and brighten my day all at the same time.
♥Mwah!♥