Thinkin' Bout Something

010

The sun was flooding the hotel room and I watched as dust particles swirled in it. I groggily pushed my hair back as I sat up freeing myself from Taylor’s arm. I stepped carefully out of the bed and made my way into the bathroom doing my morning routine.

“Ave?” I heard his voice call out from the main room.

“I’m in here.” I returned the call as I slipped my clothes on. Stuffing my sleepwear into my bag I made my way out. I sprayed a touch of my Exclamation! Perfume before making my way over to Taylor who was still laying in bed.

There was a soft knock at the door and I smiled as Taylor grabbed my leg not letting me up. “I locked it, they can wait a few minutes.” He whispered before pulling me down to him. I kissed his lips and ran my fingers through his hair letting my other hand trail down his chest resting gently on his stomach.

“What are they going to do, sit in the hall?” I joked as I cuddled up closer. My lips barely touching his merely brushing up against them. His hand snaked around my waist before letting his hand run up my spine to the back of my head where he pulled me closer making my lips crash onto his.

“Ave!” I heard Micha knock. “Tay!” They were going to break the door down soon. I shook my head and ended the kiss with another little peck.

“Hold on hold on.” I mumbled stumbling a bit towards the door.

“Morning Sunshine.” Ellis said as she pushed passed me through the open door.

“Morning.” I greeted back allowing the others to make their way in.

“Sleep well?” Zac snickered as he shut the door behind him.

“Very well actually.” I shrugged knowing he wanted details but there really was nothing to tell him.

“When do we leave, because I’m pretty sure Ave and Tay did not have sex last night.” Ike changed the conversation.

“Thank you.” I said throwing my one hand up while my other hand his my thigh in exasperation. I was used to them picking on me, and my sarcastic upset was going to be their highlight of the morning. Given the sheer fact that the almost interrupted that beautiful act of love making… potentially. I said I silent thank you to God for letting Ellis barge in when she did. I didn’t want things to happen quite like that.

“We can leave whenever.” Tay answered quickly cutting off my entertaining, dirty, filthy, sexy thoughts of him.

“We’re all packed.” I jumped in trying to hide the slight excitement in my voice due to the images that were fading quickly in my mind.

We threw all our shit in the van we had rented. Micha and Zac in the far back, Ike and Ellis in the middle, and Taylor and I in the front. I immediately put the radio on and smiled in satisfaction. It started off with “Steal My Sunshine” by LEN and I was pretty stoked about the fact the station was dedicated to cheesy 90s music. I broke into song about half way where Sharron starts to sing. The windows were down and I had pulled my hair back basking in the warmth and the amazing company.

“Are we there yet?” Micha asked bouncing up and down in her seat.

“We didn’t even get out of Atlanta yet.” Tay yelled back.

“So, we’re not there yet?” Zac mocked.

“I will pull this vehicle over!” Tay announced before letting a smile break.

“Come on babe.” I laughed rubbing his arm, “let the kids have some fun.” I winked at him and took his hand as he drove down the interstate.

I snuck a peek in the back and saw Ellis kissing Ike. I smiled slightly and reminisced to myself about the time when she hid her love for him, or tried to. “Hand check!” I called. Where eight hands went up in the air. A satisfactory smile spread across my face.

“How long am I on I 75?” Tay asked looking over at me.

“About an hour. Then we get on I 16 east for about two hours.” I looked back at him. The way the sun shone around him made him look more angelic. As cheesy as it sounded. I mentally face palmed myself and questioned when I turned into the Queen of Love Crap.

“That’s too long!” Micha whispered from in between the seats. Her face near inches from my ear.

“How the fuck did you get up here!” I asked.

“I got up, well, I unbuckled first.” She retracted. “Then I pushed my way past Zac, then climbed over Ellis and Ike, and got here.” She crossed her arms and smiled.

“Thanks for the play by play.” I said pushing her back. “Now retreat to your weirdo lair with your equally weird boyfriend.”

“I’m not weird!” Zac claimed from the back.

“I call bullshit!” Ellis finally took her lips away from Ike’s long enough to make noise with them.

“I have to agree.” Ike said.

“I object!” Zac huffed.

“Overruled!” Tay officiated.

In a matter of minutes Zac and Micha were both asleep. I loved the fact that they both could be going a mile a minute, then be passed out the next time you look at them. It was relatively silent the rest of the way to the shore. We sang more random songs, but soon it was just Tay and myself awake.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I stepped out of the van and stretched letting my spine pop itself back into place. The sun was hanging in the west and I looked at the time. It was already 5 o’clock. “Do you know what sucks?” Taylor asked leaning against the hood of the van looking out over the beach to the rolling waves of the Atlantic.

“Hmm?” I shielded the side of my face from the glare.

“Going three hours without kissing you.” He took my free hand and pulled me closer.

“Gross.” Ellis snorted.

I kissed Taylor passionately before looking back over at my best friend. “Oh, its truly disgusting that Taylor wants to kiss me? Even though you and Ike made the van a make out spot on wheels, that’s okay? But Ave cant get no action when the van stops?”

A deep red blush formed on her cheeks as she hid her face in her hair. “She has a point.” Ike said laughing pulling his girlfriend close to him planting a kiss on the top of her head.

“So,” Micha said still sitting in the van, her legs hanging out of the sliding side door, “the ocean.” She pointed.

I looked over at her, I couldn’t tell if it was a question. “Yes.” I answered. “What about it?”

“This is as close as we get right?” She was looking at her hand, she was finding the mix matched nail polish highly interesting.

“We were going to go down and sit in the sand.” I said.

“Oh.” She looked up at me and smiled softly. “But we’re not going in it, right?”

“You don’t have to Meesh.” I calmed her.

“Okay!” She pushed herself off the seat and onto the pavement her flip flops clomping as she stepped. Beating us to the sand she took off running. Briefly turning around to see Zac gaining speed. He advanced and before she could turn back around and out run him, his arms were around her waist. He scooped her up and spun her around before carrying her a few more feet down the beach and laying her on the warm sand.

“I love you!” He spoke loudly and sincerely before laying a few kisses on her.

A chorus of awws came from more than just the troop we arrived with. I laughed as I saw the same amount of blush creep onto Zac and Micha’s cheeks that graced Ellis’s and Ike’s just moments prior. “That was adorable.” Ellis smiled. Micha, not being one for all the PDA gave her sister the finger and tried to hide her blush. Zac just as embarrassed draped his arm over her shoulder.

I was standing with my back to Taylor he was a good six feet behind me. I took in the salty air and smiled. There was one place I always felt at home, it was at the shore. Before I could get any more thoughts racing through my head Taylor’s arms were around me and he threw me over his shoulder. The typical kidnapping situation, and for my size I was impressed, but he was stronger than he looked.

“Taylor!” I screamed. “Put me down!”

“Nope.” He laughed as he carried me closer to the waters edge. He laid my body down just as the tide retreated back to the full body of water and pinned me down.

“Tay!” I knew what he was doing, and I really didn’t want it to happen.

“Shush, don’t fight it.” He laughed looking back to the ocean as the tide started to come back in. He straddled my hips and pulled my arms up so I wouldn’t be completely under water, but I was still trapped under his weight at the mercy of the cold waves rolling up to where our bodies were.

The water rushed over us and when it did I was ready. The sudden chill threw him off guard and I took advantage of the situation. Squirming out from under him and pushing him down into the refreshingly cold water. I quickly got up and ran against the current pulling the water and sand from around my feet. When I stumbled, he had his hands around my hips again pulling me back down. “Fuck!” I yelled laughing.

“Pay back is a bitch.” He whispered.

“Remember that.” I winked. I pulled him in for a kiss, letting my hand drop to his waist I ran my fingers over his stomach making him go weak. I smirked into the kiss and pushed the handful of sand that I gathered from tripping into his hair.

“Ave!” He groaned.

“Pay back is a bitch babe.” I laughed finally making it out of the wet sand returning to Ike, Ellis, Zac, and Micha.

A soaking wet and sand covered Taylor followed suit. “What happened Tay?” Ike joked. “Did our dear Avelynne get the best of you?”

“Not yet, but she will tonight.” He winked.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are nice. They make me smile. <3

Go check out my best friend UnheardMelody's Ike Story.. its super adorable! <3