Status: done comment please! =)

Jamison's Wish

Collectors Item

“Jamison Kefier Klein! Baby brother, I’m sorry it took so long to get here” I said placing my bag on the table next to his bed.

“It’s alright I know you got here as soon as possible, you have classes and work” my 13 year old brother said with a smile. He’s always smiling even though he’s been in and out of the hospital more than any kid ever should. It breaks my heart to see him lying in the bed with IV’s in him little arms but I try my hardest to keep a brave face for him when I know that what he’s doing for me.

“So only a couple more days until Christmas have you decided what you want yet?” I asked sitting in the chair that was lately my study spot.

“I don’t need anything . . .”

“Jamie, it’s Christmas it’s the one time of year everyone gets to act like a 5 year old. What do you want for Christmas?”

“I just don’t want you spending more money on me than you have too.” I gave him a stern look. “Ok ok I’m not really sure can I think about it?”

“Yea, but don’t take too long don’t want to run out of time, plus there are sales going on so maybe I can get a good deal.”

“Oh Kelly did the nurse tell you that there are people coming in today?”

“No, who?” I asked opening my chemistry book, looking at the next chapter we would be going over.

“The Penguins.”

“Oh that’s cool . . . Wait . . . WHAT! Jamie that’s so freaking cool!”

“I knew you’d be excited. You love hockey more than I do.”

“No doubt lil bro.”

“You know I might like that NHL11 game for Christmas. Or maybe go to a game. It’s been a while since I’ve been.”

“I know if the tickets weren’t so expensive I would have kept taking you after dad died, I miss watching the games live too Jamie.”

“I’ll be right back gotta go to the bathroom before the Penguins show up” he said getting up easier than you would think a kid in his situation would. He was still strong the treatments haven’t taken a toll on him yet but from what I’ve heard soon he’ll be too tired to do much of anything.

Sighing I went back to reading my textbook. After a few minutes I heard a shuffle in the doorway and thinking it was Jamie I kept reading.

“Are you Jamie?” a male voice asked.

“No, I’m his sister Kelly” I said finishing the paragraph before looking up from the book. “HOLY SHIT JAMISON!”

“Give me a minute geeze” he shouted from the bathroom.

“Sorry he’ll be out in a minute” I said trying to control my excitement. “Can you do me a favor though, don’t ask anything about our parents it makes him sad.”

“No problem” the captain himself, Sidney freaking Crosby, said. Internally I’m going crazy like a 13 year old meeting her favorite boy band.

“Alright, what is it Kelly? Not everyone appreciates your yelling” my brother said having not seen the insanely hot hockey players in the doorway.

“Umm bud, A everyone appreciates my yelling. B get back into bed before I pick your scrawny ass up and put you back in there myself. And three. . .”

“Three Kell really?” he said walking to the bed.

“Yes, three, how are you oblivious to the CAPTIAN of the Pittsburgh Penguins and his hot teammates?” I said making the group laugh.

“Umm” he turned around with wide eyes. “Hi . . .” he added in a small voice.

“You getting shy Jam?” I teased. “He’s a huge fan really.”

“Not as big as you” he commented again making the group laugh.

“Jamison Kefier Klein! Really!?!”

“You always told me not to lie” he said matter-of-factly.

“You really are the biggest pain in the ass Jamie.”

“But you love me sis.”

“Don’t know why sometimes” I smiled shaking my head.

“Kelly” the doctor said from the doorway. “Can I talk to you for a minute before I leave?”

“Sure” I said putting my book on the table and I kissed Jamie’s forehead before walking out of his room. “What’s going on Doc?”

“Well I know you were wondering if Jamison could go home for Christmas. I don’t think it’s going to be possible, he’s strong right now but in a weeks time he’s going to be weaker and with your course load and job it’s probably best to keep him here.”

“Ok.” I felt like I was letting him down, like I couldn’t give him the traditional Christmas.

“But feel free to make his room feel like home ok” he added with a smile.

“What about after Christmas?”

“We’ll have to play it by ear.”

“Thanks Doc. Have a good evening.”

“You too Kelly.”

I walked slowly to my brothers room stopping in the door my heart melting at the guys interacting with my little brother, Crosby now sitting in my chair, Letang on the foot of the bed his hair falling in hid face, Talbot and Michael Rupp joking around as they talked with Jamie about everything possible. I looked to my right and saw a lady with a clip board.

“Are you in charge of this?” I asked curiously.

“One of many” she replied with a smile.

“Thank you” I said feeling water building up in my eyes.

“It’s nothing, really the guys love doing this.”

“It’s not nothing, you have no idea how much this means” I said before walking towards Jamie.

“Kell! Guess what?”

“What Jamie?” I asked putting on a smile.

“They gave me a signed jersey!” he said holding up a Lemieux jersey signed by them and Mario too.

“What!?! I think that’s supposed to be mine Jamie. I mean really why do you need a jersey. You have one of Crosby’s” I joked.

“Do I need to remind you how many jerseys you have?” he said cocking his eyebrow. I shook my head with a smile.

“Maybe we’ll get it framed for you then, how about that? Collectors Item” I winked making all four guys laugh.

“Did you guys know that Kelly is about to graduate from the University of Pittsburgh? Guess what she’s studying Sports Medicine. I have to coolest big sister ever. What girls like sports?” Jamie bragged about me almost like a dad would about their kid.

“That’s pretty cool. You’re right Jamie most girls are into sports, beyond the way the guys look in the gear” Rupp said glancing over at me momentarily.

“Hey now I’m not denying the fact that you guys look pretty damn hot in your gear, it’s just been a lifetime of living with boys so sports, its second nature.”

“Please Kell you’re the one who missed your junior prom to watch a playoff game.”

“It was playoffs Jamie. No brainer” I shrugged taking my seat that Sidney stood up from. He sat on the arm rest and listened to every word that my brother said. When Jamie wanted he could hold the attention of a large crowd like someone in there 20’s with ease, but occasionally he was a shy little kid. Sooner than he hoped the guys were being ushered to the next room.

“Jamie what do you say to the guys?” I prompted like a mom.

“My sister would marry any of you in a heart beat.”

“JAMISON!” I yelled my face instantly started to burn and I knew it had to be bright red. They tried to cover their laughter with coughs but it wasn’t working too well.

“Thanks for coming and signing my jersey this has been the coolest day of my life . . . So far.”

“Sure thing Jamie” Sidney said doing some fist bump handshake thing with my brother before each of the other guys said their goodbyes to the both of us.

“I can’t believe you said that!”’ I yelled as soon as I couldn’t see them anymore.

“Said what?”

“Don’t play dumb Jam.”

“What you mean that you would marry them in a heartbeat? I thought that’s what you meant” he smirked.

“You are such a pain in the ass little bro. I love you but you sure know how to push my buttons.”

“I love you too Kell.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please =)