Status: done comment please! =)

Jamison's Wish

Why do you find pleasure in torturing me?

I don’t know what led me here but I found my self standing in the elevator going up to the 3rd floor to see Jamie. I knew that Kelly would be there later on but I wanted to go myself. Almost as if I wanted his permission to hangout with his sister.

“Oh Mr. Crosby, what are you doing here?” a nurse asked as I walked up to the desk. She had to be in her late 40’s, honestly she reminds me of my mom in a lot of ways.

“I came to visit Jamison Klein.”

“He’s going to be so excited. Let me show you to his room.” She walked into a room just a few away from the desks. “Jamison you have a visitor.”

“Well I know it’s not Kelly they aren’t loud enough.”

“Hey there” I said stepping through the door.

“Holy Crosby” Jamie said looking at me wide-eyed.

“If you need anything just buzz” the nurse said walking out of the room.

“Welcome to my hotel Crosby. All the comforts of home without the perils of chores.”

“It’s a nice room, must run pretty pricey.”

“You have no idea but the mini bar is great” he said tapping the IV in his arm. “My sister’s not here.”

“I know” I laughed.

“Oh, you’re the guy aren’t you . . . The one she’s been talking to” he smiled.

“How . . .”

“I maybe young but I’m but blind. . . You want to play video games?”

“Sure” I said sitting in the chair next to the bed.

“NHL11?” he suggested handing me the second controller.

“Sounds good. I just hope you’re prepared to lose.”

“Are you seriously trash talking the dying kid?” he asked with a pained expression on his face.

“Umm . .. Well . . . I don’t . . .”

“I’m kidding” he laughed.

“Not funny . . .”

“I thought it was . . . You should have seen your face.” I shook my head and we started picking our teams and getting everything set. “It’s kinda cool . . . You and my sister” he said randomly in the 2nd period of our game. “She deserves someone that can take care of her for once. She’s always the one taking care of other people.”

I didn’t say anything, as a guy I knew that he didn’t want me to it was just a statement that he had to say and that was that.

“Jamie Jam! Guess what lil . . . Hi” Kelly said walking into the room about halfway through our third game.

I hit pause and smiled at her. “I thought I’d spend some time with The Kid.”

“Sid the Kid just called me The Kid . . . Weird” Jamie said shaking his head.

“Well anyways . . . Guess what Jamison . . .”

“What?”

“I hold in my hands the very forms that are going to get you released for a whole 48hours to celebrate your 14th!”

“Really? Kell that’s awesome! What are we going to do?”

“”Well Sid how about you tell him that part since you’re here and all.”

“Um, yeah I got you guys tickets to the game.”

“Kelly I think I have a man crush on your boyfriend.”

“Jamie he’s not . . .” she said her eyes full of confusion, fear, and -is it possible- hope.

“Bull shit - it‘s either that or you‘re just hooking up.” She looked at him with wide eyes in disbelief. “I told you, you should stop leaving your magazines here. Anyway what else are we going to do that’s only like the evening of one night.”

“You could come to our practice in the morning. And hangout with the guys if you’d like” I said.

“Are you kidding!?! Of course I’d like to hang out with the team and go to the practice. This is going to be the best birthday ever!”

“I’m just glad you don’t have to spend it here.”

“Alright I’ve had enough of kicking el captain’s ass at this game, take him away. Go have a life Kell.”

“Geesh pushy little shit” she said. “I’ll be here tomorrow to pick you up before dinner, I’m going to cook your favorite.”

“Sid will you be there?”

“If you want, I will.”

“Sweet. See you guys tomorrow. Now leave, go out on a ‘non-date’ or whatever.” I walked to the door and turned seeing Kelly kiss the top of his head and tell him that she loved him before she walked up to me with a smile.

We walked out to the parking lot in silence, noticing that we had parked next to one another, Kelly let out a small laugh.

“Hey Sid, you didn’t have to come and hangout with him.”

“I know I just wanted to.” I smiled down at her. “So Kris is waiting for us. How about we drop your car off at your house and drive over together?”

“Sure, but I’m going to have to stop at Starbucks and get a drink, I need caffeine” she said smiling back at me.

“No problem.”

“Sid, thanks for everything” she said before standing on her tip toes giving me a soft kiss on the corner of my mouth. “Alright let’s get going.” She hopped in her car and turned it on, a faint blush apparent on her cheeks. My skin tingled where her lips had been, and I found myself wanting to kiss her even more.

End Sid’s POV

If I wasn’t so short that kiss would have been on his cheek where I had intended it, at least before it happened, but now I wish that I had the courage to kiss him fully. Every time we stopped at a red light and I would glance in my rear view mirror I’d catch his eyes causing me to blush again. Once we finally got to the house I parked in the driveway made sure I had the porch light on for when I got home and walked up to Sid’s car, stepping in.

“Still want that coffee?” he asked glancing over at me quickly.

“Yes. I for sure want coffee.”

“For sure? You are definitely American.”

“You know what you damn Canuck . . .”

“What you can dish it out but you can’t take it, lame.”

“I might have to steal Letang from Kate he’s much nicer to me. And his hair is fucking amazing.”

“What’s wrong with my hair?”

“Nothing it’s just not as sexy as Tangers.”

“Ouch, no one likes the curls. . . “ he said with an overly hurt face on that was so obviously fake.

“Oh yeah Tanger is one sexy beast with his straight disheveled hair that falls ever so nicely in his face. Mmmm and the sexy French accent I just love when he doesn‘t say h‘s. . .” I said trying to make him a little uncomfortable because of his earlier comment. “Although he isn’t the one I had a crush on since the buzz started before the he was drafted. I was very happy when that hottie got drafted to Pittsburgh.”

“All this talk of my teammates is making me a bit uncomfortable Kelly . . .”

“But this one has curly hair . . . And some crazy awesome skill. . .”

“Kell really I don’t want to hear anymore about . . .”

“You sure were cute.”

“Me?”

“Yea you should ask Jamie about watching the draft that year. . . I about died when they made it official. Me and every other girl in Pittsburgh.”

“You had a crush on me?”

“Yep, HUGE crush. I got your jersey and pretty much everything else for my birthday that year. Although Mario will always be my first love.”

“Wow. Should I be scared? You’re not going to go all fan-girl on me are you?”

“I haven’t yet have I?”

“No . . .”

“Then I think you’re safe. I probably would have back then though.”

“I had a girlfriend then so I probably would have turned you down. . .”

“Probably?”

“Well it was at it’s end, and you’re pretty damn cute so. . .”

“You think I’m cute . . .” I teased.

“Well I . . . you said I was . . .”

“You think I’m cute.”

“Not right now I don’t . . . not with all the teasing.”

“Oh, I’m sure the guys will say other wise maybe I should ask them what you really think of me, eh?”

“Really gotta throw the eh in there.”

“Pretty much. I wonder what Tanger or Max will tell me when I ask what you really think about me? This could be fun.”

“Why do you find pleasure in torturing me?” I paused for a while thinking about what he just asked. “Kell you alright?”

“Yea, sorry, I was just thinking of a truthful answer to why I enjoy torturing you. . .”

“And?”

“Well, I feel like I can actually be just me the 23 year old almost college graduate, not the one that has to do everything right and worry about Jamison. It’s like my worries go away, even just for a few minutes.”

“Damn. . .”

“What?”

“I can’t be mad at you anymore.”

“Yeah, I’m off the hook!”

“As long as you don’t ask Tanger and Max about anything . . .”

“Ah man way to kill my fun” I said pulling my legs up into the seat and turning towards him. “Fun killer.”

“Hey now, those are fighting words.”

“Fun killer . . . If I can’t ask Tangs and Max then you tell me what you thought when we first met.”

“First met?”

“Yea.”

“Well . . . When I walked into the room and saw you I was hoping that you weren’t Jamie . . . But then you said you were his sister and asked us not to ask about your parents and I saw that look on your face it made my heart break a little. Then Jamie came out and you were all smiles and joking around with him like any other sibling would. Jamie kept talking about you, when you went out of the room, and it made me like you even more. . .”

“He was talking about me? What did he say?”

“I promised I wouldn’t tell. All good though I promise.”

“He’s too much like dad for his own good. . . Putting other people before himself especially when he needs to think about himself for once. I’m pretty sure he’s more worried about me than beating this.”

“Gives him something to fight for though. . . If he’s worried about you and what losing him would do to you then he has more incentive to fight so you don’t have to worry anymore.”

“I’ll always worry about him.”

“I’ll always worry about Taylor too, it’s the duty of the older sibling.”

“True . . “
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment! I won't post again until there are more comments! Sorry this got posted numerous times, my connection was acting weird. So just for my mix up and posting the same thing a MILLION times . . . I will post again . . . like nowish.