Youth Is Forever

Four

Panic rose to my throat, words of protest forming, trying to make their way out of my throat, but they wouldn't come out. He wanted us to never grow up, but I knew that they were consequences to being immortal. My friends, my family, even complete strangers would grow old and die, while I was here and never had aged a day. Then again, there were some upsides. I would never have to worry about working, paying bills, struggling to keep up with the world's economy.

"Wow, Wendy, you are bright! How old are you guys, anyway?" Pan's eyes slid over Wendy and Tink glared even harder, as if she could make Wendy vaporize under her gaze. Wendy didn't seem to notice, though. My sister blushed at Pan's attention, but answered anyway.

"I'm seventeen."

"Fifteen." I smiled sarcastically, though I knew my feelings were clearly showing on my face. Here this kid was, asking us about age, when he really just wants us to be ageless puppets for him. Something about that didn't settle very well with me.

"I am fifteen as well," John started. Pan looked like he was going to ask something, but John had already sensed the question and answered. "Our mother had Michael and I in the same year, so we're not twins."

"Interesting. I was an only child, so I had to bring boys here to be my brothers. It was a long process, but-" I cut Pan short, questions burning through my throat, leaping out of my mouth.

"You really want us to be immortal?"

"Yes." Pan cocked an eyebrow, as to question where I was going with these. But, even I didn't know, so I kept going with this.

"Never grow up?"

"Yes." His voice was smoother now, but still implying that he questioning my motives.

"Be your friends forever?" Now, I realized that everyone was looking at me. Except James, who had become interested in a speck on the ground. I could understand his hurt when he was rejected by Pan. He seemed to be more than just a soldier, like he needed a friend, but Pan was denying him of that privilege.

"Exactly."

"And stay here in Neverland, never to go back to London?" My siblings must have not thought of this because they turned to Pan with wide eyes. Pan smile turn grim for a quick second, but slowly returned to his trademark quirky grin. Pan only gave a slight nod before answering.

"Yes. It honestly isn't that terrible though! Twenty years of immortality and you will get the hang of it!"

"We'd never see our family again..." John said.

"Or our friends..." Wendy muttered.

"We'll be trapped here." I whispered, but Pan shook his head.

"You would have access to every room in the castle- except my Tower. You will have personal fairy servants, Knights watching you and protecting you, you will never age, and you will be given the ability to fly!" Pan's eyes gleamed and his voice got louder with excitement. Did he really mean we would be able to fly?

"Fly?" Wendy asked, voicing my thoughts. Pan grinned and rather than tell us, he showed us. With that lazy grin spread over his face, he began to rise into the air. He got so high, he barely touched the ceiling with the top of his head. I heard my sister gasp as all of our eyes followed him. Pan stayed in the air for a moment before gliding back down to the floor.

"Whoa!" John exclaimed. For being someone who dedicates all their spare time to science and math, he seemed to be believing this nut case way to easily. Sure, he was giving us proof that he could fly, but what did that honestly have to do with immortality?

"What is- what if we say no?" I asked.

"Say no to what? Being immortal?" Pan asked and I nodded. "There really isn't a consequence. If you are not willing, then you will be sent back home."

"Thank, God! Then we'd like to go home if you don't-" I started to yell, but Wendy's voice grew over mine, doing something she hadn't done to me. She was overpowering me, she was turning on me just because of her crush on a fairy boy she just met!

"Couldn't we just stay here for a night, Michael? Just to see what it's like?" Wendy's eyes grew wide as the shifted back and forth from me and the king of Neverland. Pan's eyes widened in excitement, both pairs of eyes looking at me. I started to shake my head.

"I want to go home," I said, for once my voice quiet and terrified. A place like Neverland was no place for a boy like me. I may be sarcastic and rude, but I knew I would miss home. Next to Pan, I caught Tink's eyes. For once she was glaring. She was looking at me with undeniable interest- what that interest was, I could not be entirely sure, but it was enough to convince me to stay on this God-forsaken island for the night.

"Fine," I said as I grounded my teeth together. "We can stay for tonight."

The group before me cheered, but I broke in again.

"But only for tonight. We leave in the morning."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not posting sooner. I was busy. I am also sorry that it is so short! But, I had to post something to keep you guys interested! Thanks for reading! Please comment!