Storms

The Battle

Rain rumbled against my window begging for entrance, trees lashed against the walls taunting me to leave, escape into the black evening. ‘Come out…’ it seemed to call, I just shut my eyes and tried to sleep. The rhythmic thunder grew louder as I drifter deeper into sleep, this was the start of winter no denying it. The wind howled as I tossed and turned in my sleep trying to find peace. But no release the rain still poured. I clutched the blanket tighter around me waiting for it to stop but it showed no signs of slowing.

The rain broke through my windows last night. It swelled in my bedroom and drenched me. Covered me from head to toe, clung to me like lint to an old woollen jumper you pulled out to shield you from the cold. I wringed out my hair till my hands were raw, but the water did not leave. I sat in front of the fire and waited for my body to dry but I was wetter than ever.

Stepping outside was an experience I’ll never forget…I stepped into the golden sunshine. The ground was dry, the leaves on the trees wilted and the sun beat down onto middle class suburbia shining light onto all its sins. No signs of the rain were there, I stepped onto the cracked pavement and the water spread contaminating the ground around me. Seeping into the roots of the trees I touched. Killing the flowers I picked. My poison polluted the air around me, spreading the fear, the sadness, and the loss of hope that filled the relentless rain.

The sunshine beckoned to the sinners to come into the light, to be purified, to be forgiven, to be healed. And the sinners accepted, they fell for the charm of the yellow ray, just like they fell for the evil in the sin. Oh and fall again they will, as we always want more. We always think we need more. We ask for more. But we don’t need more.
The rain has been in control long enough. I decided that today, as I stepped outside into the sea of hope. The smiles of innocence gleamed like pearls. The sun could be my friend, I could welcome it. I know it will welcome me. It welcomed the sinners…

The rain fell again. The rain never stopped. I think I stepped in the sunshine for moment or two and I started a raging war. The dark clouds of thunder collided with the sunshine, fighting for custody of soul. The sunshine wanted to dry me, but the rain was to strong with a smoky grasp it summoned me in.

The sunshine did not seduce me, it did not succeed. It will not succeed. The rain will be the enemy I love to hate. I know the rain. The rain cannot surprise me. Oh no the rain will never surprise me. Not anymore. I’m used to her now.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
metephorical i know
i'll leave you to ur opions as to what its about
maybe it will mean something different to you than it did to me