Status: short story. comments would be adored.

Sweet Goodbyes

Prologue.

Coping with loss can be impossible when it actually happens to you. When you actually feel the sting of death firsthand. The pain seems unbearable 99% of the time. When you love someone, and loose them, you feel like you lost yourself. It tends to feel like your stuck in a terrible nightmare, and all you want to do is scream and wake up.

The time it takes to heal is unmeasurable, it can't be determined by days, months, or even years. It can sometimes be measured by tears shed, and restless nights alone, but even that can't put a reasonable estimate of a loss.

Loosing someone changes people. It turns best friends into strangers, and sometimes, it brings people together.

The 7 people whose lives were forever altered that September day one year ago, would never be able to see each other without thinking of the one they lost. Regrets constantly engraved into their hearts. They lost their best friend. It tore them apart.

Today they would make it right. Today they would visit the place that took it all away. Today they would see each other, and hope to god their wounds would heal. Today they would all forgive, they would let each other forgive themselves. Forgive, but not forget. Never forget.