Status: In the process

I Know You're The One

Chapter 1

"Catch, Kenz." I called as I threw the football her way. She yelped but caught it. "Nice catch!"

The day was warm and perfect, without a cloud in sight. I had taken the opportunity to enjoy my day off and such a beautiful day with the most important person in my life. We had settled for a day at the park.

She stood just a few feet away from me. We had been tossing a football around for a bit. The sun made her somehow look like a goddess as I ran to her vibrant frame. The wind blew her long brown hair back as she gave me a bright smile. She attempted to run away from me.

"No you won't." I said, wrapping my arms around her waist. She laughed as I spun her around and we both fell back onto the grass.

We both laughed as we lay on our backs, looking up at the clear sky. I closed my eyes and sighed. There was no one else I would have preferred to be here with. Ever since I had met her, my life had completely changed. I haven't seemed to stop smiling since then.

It was back a year ago when me and my band, The Maine, were recording for our new record, Black and White. I had stepped out of our recording studio for a few minutes and ran into a girl on my way out. She had fallen down at the impact. I helped her up apologizing about a million times. She smiled, assuring me it was alright as her piercing green eyes stared into my blue ones.

"It's alright." She chuckled.

"I was distracted for a second. Too much in my mind." I said.

"I can tell." She smiled. God, she had such a beautiful smile. "You look tired."

"Yeah, we've been recording all day." I explained.

"Ah, you're in a band." She noted.

"Yupp, we're called The Maine." I answered.

"Definitely heard of you, then." She chuckled. "I'm Mackenzie, by the way."

"I'm Garrett." I smiled and we shook hands.

"Bass?" She asked.

"Yeah," I grinned. "You're either a stalker or a fan."

"Neither." She answered. "I'm a serial killer. Don't tell anyone."

"You're under arrest. I'm also an undercover cop." I said and we both laughed.

"I know because my best friend's the fan of you and I don't kill people, I intern here." She explained.

"That's understandable." I answered. "So you won't kill me if I asked you out for a movie tomorrow, Ms. Serial killer?"

"I definitely wouldn't." She blushed.

"So I'll pick you up at 7?" I asked.

"That'll be perfect. I'll be done hiding the bodies by then." She winked and we both laughed. We exchanged numbers before she had to go.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then." She smiled.

"Have a safe night." I called as she turned the hallway.

That girl lay next to me now. We had gone on that date the next day and everything had worked out. We went on a few more dates and made our relationship official after a few weeks. She had come with us on tour since we were inseparable. My band mates loved her like a sister, which made me happy.

"Garrett?" Her soft voice asked.

"Yeah?" I opened my eyes to see her face just a few inches from mine.

"Are you okay? I was calling you for two whole minutes." She said, worried.

"I'm okay. I was just lost in thought." I assured her.

"Today's your day off. No stressing." She reminded me.

"I'm not stressed," I smiled. "I was thinking about you."

"What about me?"

"About the day we met and every single moment I've spent with you." I lifted my hand and stroke her cheek. She smiled and stroke my hair. It seemed like forever as we gazed into each other’s eyes. She inched her face down and closed her eyes before our lips met. She grabbed each side of my face as my hands grabbed her waist, pulling her closer. I could stay here forever with her if I had the chance, but we would have to set out for the next city again tomorrow.

We had stopped in South Carolina for the day since we had it off. The bus stopped in this park for the day. The guys left to play golf as Mackenzie and I set off our own way. We had a show in Georgia tomorrow again.

Mackenzie was a photographer, and a hell of a good one. She took Dirk's job and took pictures for us on tour. Her and Max took care of everything we needed and kept up with our schedules since Tim stayed behind in Arizona. I didn't mind having her on tour with us at all, it made me and the guys happy.

She broke the kiss and gazed into my eyes as she stroke my hair again. "I love you." she whispered.

"As I love you." I smiled.

She rested her head on my chest as we continued gazing at the sky. I stroke her hand softly as twined her fingers through mine.

After a while, my stomach growled. She chuckled and sat up so I could too. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me. I left a trail of kisses in her neck, her perfume sending butterflies down my spine.

"We should head back, Gare. I don't want you to starve to death." She chuckled.

"Fine." I pouted and we stood. Our hands twined together and we walked back to the bus.

----------------------------------------------

Mackenzie POV

The guys weren't back yet, so Garrett and I sat down and watched TV after we made ourselves sandwiches. As always, he put a zombie movie, but I didn't care. This was the Garrett I loved. The crazy, random, zombie loving, punk boy that I was in love with. I kissed his cheek and he grinned.

"Never change." I whispered. He looked at me confused.

"I promise I won't." He assured me. I smiled and snuggled against him.

"You won because you're s cheater!" Pat yelled as he and the guys came in the bus.

"Yeah, I cheated by magically levitating the ball and making it fall straight into the hole." Kennedy rolled his eyes.

"So you admit it." Pat said and Kennedy punched him in the arm.

"Well, you guys are back." Jared said as he spotted Garrett and I.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Pretty fun. Golfing was intense." Jared answer.

"Until someone's a sore loser." John said, pointing at Pat.

"Rat Boy will haunt your nightmares." Pat stated. Garrett and I laughed.

"Is there any place where we can shower?" Max asked.

"A hotel?" Aaron asked.

"I guess we can crash for the night in a cheap hotel." Max sighed and we all cheered. Even though we hadn't had a real shower for three days, I still managed to clean up and wash my hair in the bathroom of the bus or in the venues.

The bus started and we drove to a Days Inn hotel. We grabbed a few things and headed inside. I stood around with the guys as Max and Vito got the rooms. Garrett and I were luckily getting our own room, so he couldn't keep his hands off of me already.

“Gare!” I chuckled as he kissed my neck.

“Really, guys?” John sighed. “You can’t wait five minutes to get to your private sexual business?”

“We’re in public.” Kennedy added.

"Fuck you guys." Garrett laughed and controlled his temptation. Max handed us our room key and we all took the elevator to the 5th floor. Our rooms were all next to each other.

"Please don't be too loud." Pat told us as they went in their room.

Garrett closed the door behind us and I turned on the light. I settled my bag on the bed before Garrett wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my neck again.

"We're finally alone." He whispered in between kissed.

"I'm as excited as you are, Gare, but can I take a quick shower first?" I asked.

"That's alright." He smiled and kissed me.

He went to shower first because I had something special planned for him. After my shower, I put on brand new black lingerie from Victoria's Secret and brushed my straight long brown hair. I brushed my teeth before stepping out of the bathroom. Garrett was sitting on the bed with only his boxers watching TV. He looked up and grinned, looking over my figure. He turned off the TV and walked over to me.

His hands were on each side of my waist and his lips pressed against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers through his hair. My back pressed against the wall and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He walked back and slowly brought me down on the bed. He was on top of me without putting his weight on me and we never broke the kiss. His hand cupped my cheek as the other one was at my waist. He broke the kiss and both of our breaths were heavy. His blue eyes gazed into mine with love and care.

"I love you, Kenzie." he whispered.

"I love you too, Gare." I smiled cupping his cheek. He smiled and kissed my hand.

What happened after was a few clothes coming off and a hell of a crazy night. After the crazy ride, we fell asleep snuggling against each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got the idea for this story from a dread I had a few weeks ago. I really like it and I hope you all do too. :D