Status: In the process

I Know You're The One

Chapter 12

I dropped my bags onto the hardwood floor the second the door closed behind us. We were finally home and I was glad. It had been so long since we had been away. I loved being on tour with the guys, but I missed home.

“Oh my god! Finally!” Addy said as she dropped her body on the couch.

“It wasn’t that bad.” I sighed, dropping onto the beanbag.

“Right. Especially with all the drama.” She yawned.

“Please don’t remind me. I just want to forget about everything.” I rolled my eyes.

“So your feelings for John are forgotten?” She asked. I sighed and shook my head.

“That night when everything happened with Vic, I asked John to make sure Garrett didn’t do anything rash. He punched Vic so I wouldn’t be upset that Garrett did, but when I asked him, he kissed my forehead. He said it was just as friends, but it was something more.” I explained, looking down at my shoes.

“Oh, Kenz. You’ll find a way out of these feelings.” She assured me. “You know what we need? Girl time. We spent over a month with guys. Let’s go shopping.”

We both went off to shower before we climbed into her car and drove to the mall. We spent a few hours in Forever 21 and some other stores with a few bags in hand. By the end, we were starving. As we walked to the food court, we settled for Chinese food. We ate quietly for a bit as the crowded voices of people echoed around us. My phone went off with Ryan Adams “Come Pick Me Up”, Garrett’s ringtone.

“Are you home, love?” He asked.

“No, I’m at the mall with Addy. We needed girl time.” I answered.

“That’s understandable.” He chuckled. “I’ve been napping since I got home.”

“I wish I was there to cuddle with you.” I smiled.

“I wish you were here too.” He said. “Call me when you get home?”

“I will. I love you.”

“And I love you.” He blew me a kiss before we hung up.

“What’s next on the list?” I asked as we drove back home.

“Drinks back home.” She grinned. I let out a groan. “We need it.”

The second we arrived back home, we turned up the music and poured Jack and Coke into our cups. As the night flew by, we were somehow plastered. Addy left to her room some time around one in the morning. I dialed his numbed on my phone and asked him to come over. I needed this. As I waited, I continued drinking to the point that when the doorbell rang and I went to answer, my legs wobbled. I opened the door and he stood there. His hair was a mess as if he had just woken up and the bags under his eyes had diminished just a bit. Dark skinnies hugged his hips with a white t-shirt.

“I rushed over here. What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Nothing at all.” I smiled.

“Are you drunk?” He stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

“A little bit.” I answered, taking a step forward and stumbling with my feet. He caught me before I could fall.

“Maybe more than a little bit.” He said, standing me up straight. I gazed into his eyes and closed the gap between us, pressing my lips to his. “What are you doing, Mackenzie?”

“I want you.” I whispered, inching closer, but he moved away from me.

“You’re drunk.” He said.

“I want you, John! Is that so hard to believe?” I asked, stepping closer to him.

“You’re with Garrett. I can’t.” He looked hurt.

“Garrett doesn’t have to know.” I whispered seductively into his ear.

“This isn’t what you really want.”

“Drunk words are sober thoughts.” I grinned. His lips attached to mine eagerly. My fingers knotted into his hair as his hand grabbed my waist. I walked back into my bedroom and he followed. I locked the door behind us. He carefully lifted me and lay me on my bed before he was over me, or lips never separating. His fingers undid each button of my dress as I lifted his shirt over his head. Once our clothes were completely off. He gazed into my eyes as his thumb stroke my cheek.

“You’re beautiful.” He whispered.

“You’re stunning.” I smiled, running my hand through his hair. His lips met mine again.

“I love you.” He whispered as he left a trail of kisses down my jaw and neck.

“I love you, too…” I smiled. …Garrett.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, snap! Things just got out of control. Sorry for the short update!
Comments? Predictions?
By the way, are you guys in team Garrett or team John?