Status: In the process

I Know You're The One

Chapter 14

The second I opened my eyes, I ran to the bathroom. I dropped my body in front of the toilet and spilled everything in my stomach into it. In a matter of seconds, Garrett was there, holding my hair and stroking my back. I muttered a thank you before flushing and brushing my teeth.

"Did something make you sick?" He asked once we went back to his bed.

"I think it was Pat's dinner. Let's please never let him cook again." I answered, sinking into his chest.

It had been two weeks since I had slept with John and I still hated myself for it. It killed me to know that I had actually gone as far as to cheat on Garrett with one of his best friends. The only one what knew about this situation was Addy. I had refused to talk to John or even face him since then. Garrett had been wondering why I had been refusing to go anywhere that John would be in, but I managed to convince him it was because I had plans with Addy.

“Let’s just go back to sleep and hope you feel better in the morning.” Garrett yawned. It was three in the morning and the only reason we were awake was since I had to puke. I nodded against his bare chest as his lips kissed my hair. I smiled and dozed back into sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Kenzie, time to wake up,” I heard Garrett say through my daze.

“Go away, Gare.” I grumbled and turned over to bury my face on his pillows.

“Come on. It’s past noon already.” He laughed.

“I don’t want to get out of bed.” I mumbled.

“We have plans today, Love.” He reminded, patting my back.

“Can’t we just stay in bed?” I pouted, turning on my side to face him.

“Unfortunately we can’t,” He pressed his lips to mine and smiled. “Now go get ready.”

“I can’t believe you won again.” I groaned, jumping out of his bed. I was only wearing one of his button down shirts that managed to cover me. He grinned and pulled me towards him for a kiss. His arms wrapped around my waist and he sat me down on his lap.

“Now I’m not so sure about leaving this bed today.” He grinned against my lips. I jumped away from him and he pout.

“Well, now you lose.” I stuck out my tongue at him and ran to his bathroom. I showered and changed as fast as I could before I stepped out into Garrett’s room again. He was lying down in bed looking through his IPhone.

He took my hand and guided me to his car. The way the sun reflected against his copper hair and deep blue eyes always seemed to leave me breathless. I hated when he covered his blue orbs, but the way his glasses fit into his face was the most adorable thing in the world. He drove down the streets of Arizona to an unknown destination. I complained to him the whole drive that I was starving. He would laugh and promise me food.

“You’ve never slept past ten in the morning before. Are you feeling okay? Especially after feeling sick last night?” Garrett asked, worriedly, as I played with his hand on my lap.

“I’m fine,” I assured him. “It was probably sleep catching up with me from before.”

I knew there was nothing wrong with me. I was feeling perfectly fine.

Garrett didn’t look convinced, but he left it at that. He continued driving as Wilco played softly from his speakers. I didn’t know where we were going, but it never came to mind to ask Garrett, and maybe I should have.

“Aren’t you getting off, Kenzie?” Garrett asked, waving his hand in front of my face, snapping me back into reality. I had been in such a daze lately, that he started to worry a lot. He was worried that I was lacking sleep. It wasn’t that. I just had a guilty conscience that was ready to rip me apart any second now. I didn’t know how much longer I could keep myself together.

“Y-yeah. Sorry.” I mumbled, getting out of his car and bumping my head on the roof of the car. I rubbed the top of my head as he came around to join me.

“My clumsy little Kenzie.” He chuckled, kissing the top of my head.

I finally realized where we were now. The last place I wished to be. But then again, any place that he was in, was the last place that I wanted to be in. I couldn’t fight this off and I definitely couldn’t ask Garrett to drive me home. He would definitely be suspicious then. So I took a deep breath, swallowing the lump in my throat and followed Garrett.

“Welcome to 8123.” The front receptionist, Ashley, greeted Garrett and I once we stepped into the cool one floor building.

We continued walking down the familiar hallway, our hands intertwined. I could feel my hands sweating and the biting of my bottom lip.

“Okay, you’re starting to worry me,” Garrett sighed, stopping in the empty hallway. “What’s wrong with you?”

“N-nothing. I j-just don’t feel g-good, Gare.” I stammered, my throat becoming dry. Why was I such a horrible liar?

“Baby, I’m sorry,” He sighed. “I promise that we’ll be done here fast and home so you can rest. I’ll even make you some chicken noddle soup.”

“I do like your chicken noddle soup.” I grinned.

“I know you do.” He chuckled, attaching his lips to mine.

“I found them! They’re eating each other again.” We heard Pat yell from behind us before running back into Tim’s office. I seriously don’t know what’s wrong with that boy sometimes. Garrett and I joined the guys in Tim’s office and they all hollered at us. We rolled our eyes as sat on the couch with Jared.

“So what did you need to talk to us about?” John asked, bored. He sat on the opposite side of Tim’s table, scanning through his phone. He hadn’t bothered looking up at Garrett and I since we had come in.

“I am your manager aren’t I?” Tim raised an eyebrow, taking away John’s phone. I coughed a laugh, and he glared at me. “You’re going on another North American tour.”

“When?” Jared asked.

“Two months from now,” Tim answered, looking through a pile of papers on his desk. “I’ll be emailing you guys the tour dates.”

“Who are we touring with?” Pat asked.

“A Rocket to the Moon and The Summer Set.”

“Old friends then.” Kennedy grinned.

“Max won’t be able to tag along with you guys this tour because he’s got stuff to take care of,” Tim added. I guessed he would tag along with the guys to fill in for Max, so I shrugged it off. “So you’ll be doing the tour managing this time around, Mackenzie.”

I chocked, “M-me?”

“Of course. I trust you to keep these…mongrels under control.” Tim smiled.

My stomach churned. I slapped my hand over my mouth and ran out of the office. Once I reached the bathroom. I dropped down in front of the toilet and puked for the second time that day. What in the world was wrong with me?

I could barely be in a room with John. How was I supposed to spend two months in a tour bus with our tension? The guys would obviously know something was wrong. Garrett couldn’t find out what had happened between John and me. He would hate me, and I never wanted to lose him. And could I really take on the full responsibility of tour managing the guys?

“Kenzie?” Garrett knocked on the bathroom door. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I flushed the toilet and pulled myself up to stand on wobbly legs. “I’ll be right out.” I rinsed my mouth the best I could I washed my face.

“Hey,” Garrett smiled, taking my hand once I stepped out of the bathroom. “How do you feel?”

“I’m okay,” I assured him. “The news just made me a bit nervous. I don’t want to screw up.”

“You won’t screw up,” He rested his forehead against mine, his blue eyes staring into my brown ones. “I believe in you.”

But he shouldn’t believe in me. I didn’t deserve him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that I've taken so long. I just haven't been receiving feedback on my stories. I update when I get comments fast. It helps me know if you guys actually are enjoying my story.
What do you guys think about the whole love triangle?
Thank you.