Status: In the process

I Know You're The One

Chapter 17

I woke up in the morning with a huge headache. It had been a bit over a week into the tour and I had never been so stressed out. The guys cooperated with me, though. I didn’t have any complaints. They helped me around and behaved themselves. There were just a lot of things to take care of every day.

John still avoided me as much as he could, and I didn’t mind. If he wouldn’t be avoiding me, things wouldn’t probably be going as well as they are right now. I caught him glancing over at me every now and then, with a pained look, and I would run out into the venue feeling guilty.

I climbed out of my bunk and stepped into the bathroom. The bus was on the move and I could hear rain drops loudly hitting the roof of the bus. After cleaning up, I grabbed my computer and sat in the front lounge. I peeked through the blinds, and it looked like the end of the world outside. I hoped Jeff had enough rest in hit to perfectly steer the bus and not kill us all before we could make it to New York.

Thankfully, I had taken care of everything for the day and I was free. I surfed around the internet killing time until the guys woke up. When I logged into my tumblr, I had way too many questions. My followers had increased since the day Garrett rebloged a picture I posted of us at the beach. Most messages said how cute Garrett and I were, and how pretty and nice I was. Others were hate. I ignored those.

“What are you doing awake at this time, Kenzie?” Garrett mumbled, dragging his feet and sitting next to me. He rubbed his tired eyes. I giggled at the way his hair was tousled all over.

“My body had enough sleep.” I shrugged. He sighed and draped his arm around me, pulling my small frame to his body. I set my computer down and cuddled against him.

“Well, maybe this is a sign to have some time to ourselves.” He whispered against my neck. I giggled and pressed my lips to his. He tasted like our mint toothpaste. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He chuckled against my lips and dug his hands under my shirt, stroking circlers on my hips with his thumb.

I groaned, pulling back from the kiss, “Gare, this is making me want you right this moment.”

He grinned and kissed me again, pulling me into his lap. I wrapped my legs around his legs and he stood, walking us to the back room. His hands traveled down to my thighs and he shut the door behind us, making sure it was locked.

“This is so wrong.” I chuckled against his lips.

“The door’s locked. There’s nothing wrong with making love to my beautiful girlfriend on the road.” Garrett mumbled, pecking my lips each time he spoke a word. His lips traveled down to my neck, sucking on my weak spot. I breathed and tugged on his hair.

After our clothes were lost, and my boyfriend and I made love, we lay on the couch wrapped around each other under a blanket. His arms were tight around me and I traced circles on his chest, every so often leaving kisses on his soft skin.

A banging on the door, followed by Pat’s voice, is what finally made us move an hour later. We changed into clean clothes and joined the guys out in the front lounge. They gave us looks, showing that they knew what had been happening in the back.

“I am never sitting in that couch again.” Kennedy shuddered. Garrett punched his arm and I laughed.

The day was going fine, until I started receiving calls again. Tim and I were discussing a few things as the guys played video games in the back.

When we arrived in the venue, the guys had set out to grab lunch after I assured them I would join them when I finished with the call. I sighed into the couch in the front lounge as I heard the owner of the venue in Ohio complain about the fat that the guys had left the greenroom a mess. I apologized throughout the whole call and promised it would never happen again. We ended the call in good terms. I groaned and lay back on the couch.

“Stressed?” A voice asked, making me jump.

“What are you doing here, John?” I asked.

“I was taking a nap.” He shrugged, leaning against the small kitchen counter. I could feel his eyes on me, and I kept my eyes on my lap.

“Can you stop?”

“What?” He smirked.

“You’re such a dick,” I rolled my eyes, standing. I headed for the bunk area, but John grabbed my arm, stooping me to stand in front of him. “Don’t touch me.”

“I don’t understand why you’re so angry,” He yelled. “I should be the angry one.”

“Why’s that? Entertain me.”

“It hurts that the girl I love is with my best friend,” He explained. “What hurts most is that you invited me over that night and convinced me to sleep with you. You told me that you loved me.”

“I was drunk when we had sex.” I yelled, exasperated.

“You what?”

My heart dropped. I felt something in me snap, breaking who I was. I turned on my heals to see Garrett standing there. His face was pale and his eyes ere pained.

“Garrett I–”

“You slept with him?” He cut me off, pointing at John.

“I’m sorry, Garrett.” John cut in.

“Shut the fuck up!” Garrett yelled, before looking back into my eyes. “Please tell me it’s not true.”

I knew I couldn’t lie and tell him it wasn’t true. He knew it was true, but he hoped it was all a misunderstanding. What was I supposed to say?

“I-It’s true,” I answered, looking away from his eyes. “But it was a mistake.”

“I can’t believe you cheated on me,” Garrett laughed bitterly, running a hand through his hair. “We’re through.”

Tears poured down my eyes uncontrollably, “Gare, please.”

“No, I fucking trusted you and you fucked one of my best friends,” He yelled, before looking at John. “I would say I didn’t expect this from you, but I would be lying.”

Before either John or I could say anything, Garrett stomped out of the bus. My chest ached and I started to sob. John’s arms wrapped around me and I fell into his chest, crying. He stroke my hair and whispered it would be alright. I knew it was a lie. I had lost the guy that had ever meant everything to me. I had lost Garrett, the only person I ever actually loved.

“It’s your fault.” I mumbled against his chest.

“Shh, it’s both of our faults,” He sighed. “I promise that everything will be fine.”

Would everything really be fine? Would Garrett every forgive me? If I were him, I wouldn’t. I deserved everything that would come my way for sleeping with John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three more chapters. I need to know what you guys think about a sequel? Yes? No?
This is a short update and it pained me to write it. I really love Garrett and Mackenzie together.
Remember to comment. :)
Thank you!