Sequel: Take Me There

My Sanity in This Insane World

Treize

"You said I must eat so many lemons, cause I am so bitter," I sang, as Oliver and I danced around the back room, both of us in shorts, Kate Nash's voice coming through the speakers. I ran over to Oliver, rapping my arms around his neck, his hands finding my hips perfectly.

"I said I'd rather be with your friends, cause they are much fitter." Oliver sang back. I smiled up at him, before pecking his lips softly. I pulled away, before going on with our dancing and singing again.

I only had a few more days with Oliver before I was going to be shipped back to the empty flat all by myself. I wasn't thrilled with it, but we both knew what we had to do.

"I swear, love, you are the one that keeps me fit. I'd be obese without having to fallow you all around," Oliver mumbled, as he crashed on the couch.

"Oh, Oliver," I cooed, sitting on the ground. The bus was quite bumpy on these roads, shaking me every so often. "I don't have work to tire me down. You get a spaz for Lennox."

"You can say that again," he sighed, closing his eyes.

"Oh, Oliver," I said, in a mocking voice. He laughed, his breaths slowly going even. I smiled, as sleep completely took over him. I picked up a blanket on the floor, and trucked Oliver in it, kissing his forehead.

"Was I right, or was I right?" Tom asked, as I shut the back room door.

"What were you right about?" I asked.

"That you love Oli. I was so right."

"So you were right about this one thing, should we throw a Tom party?"

"Yeah, actually. With balloons and streamers. Oh, and strippers too please."

"You're disgusting," I muttered, pushing past him.

"I am not. I'm like Oli."

"Well, Oliver's not like that anymore."

"Ah, but not even you can train an old dog new tricks, Lenny." I stared at him. I think everyone in the room was staring at Tom and me. That was something he shouldn't even have said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Tom's face flushed, as he stammered out, "I mean, maybe you can, but you know, you never know. It's probably - I'm just going to shut up now."

"Too fucking late for that, mate," Jona muttered, pinching the bridge on his nose. I crossed my arms, jutting out my jaw at Tom. His eyes flew to the ground. He started to fiddle with his thumbs.

I think the hardest part for me was realizing that that what I was exactly afraid of. Oliver going back to his old ways, and leaving me in the dust. Something I wasn't too thrilled about.

&&

I decided that night that I was just going to stay on the bus. "I wasn't feeling well," I told Oliver. He believed me of course, telling me he'll try to come back as soon as possible and make me tea. I smiled and thanked him.

I wasn't mad at Tom, he was simply telling me something we all feared what was going to happen. Everyone had started to grow on me, and I didn't want to lose them. They all were such sweet people.

What I was most afraid to lose was Oliver, and our friendship. I've been with him my whole life, and I never knew how to operate without him. If I ever needed anything, I went to him.

I had gotten an email from my boss saying that a new program was opening up in Boston, and that he wanted me to run it. This meant leaving Oliver, leaving Heidi, leaving my whole life and going off to this mysterious land without anyone. Just myself.

It would be stupid not to take it, but leaving Oliver would be harder then anything.

It was hard to wake up without him even before we started this thing, whatever it was, with him being on tour all the damn time. It made me not want to get up some nights. Just be a vegetable in my bed or on my sofa all day, watching sappy chick flicks. And without even an ounce of Oliver in it, I'd have to have those days everyday.

I smiled at the picture on my phone, Oliver and me at the little beach he took me at on our first official date. My nose was crinkled at he kissed my nose, with the biggest smile on my face I think I've had my whole entire life.

"Hey you," Oliver said, kissing my temple. I hadn't even heard the door open. I smiled at him.

"Hi," I whispered back, curling deeper into the covers.

He smiled at me, before saying, "I love you."

And what I had to do, just got so much more difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only a couple more :)
I loved writing this for you all. I got so much positive feedback, it was amazing.
Tell me what you think more! Don't stop, keep going! Hahah!