Sequel: Take Me There

My Sanity in This Insane World

Neuf

"Hold up," Marley said, as we washed pots at her home, "so he was another lady, and is still trying to get to you?"

"Well, he didn't know we were there," I said.

"I bloody wanted to kill the twat," Oliver grumbled, as he sat next to Jude. Jude started to laugh in his deep grumbling laugh.

"Sure you did, Oli," Marley said, rolling her eyes. "Have you seen how little you are compared to him? He'd sit on you, and break three of your ribs."

"And I'd take it for my Noxy poxy." Marley awed, as she sat down, placing her hands protectively over her stomach. It seemed it grew everyday like three inches. It just kept getting bigger and bigger.

"See how much he loves you! Jude would run away."

"I would not!" Jude called out.

"He's my best friend. I would hope he would take care of me." Marley rolled her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me."

"So sorry, it'll never happen again," she said, faking a southern accent that was so close to our sister-in-law's. I giggled, before getting up, and walking over to Marley and kissing her cheek. She cringed away jokingly, before leaning over and giving me a hug.

"I think it's about time Oliver and I get home. It's going to be a long day tomorrow." By this time, Oliver had heard me, and started to shut off the game system, getting up, and getting our jackets and shoes from the closet with Jude.

Marley crinkled her nose, before saying, "Well, if you need to talk to me about Sam, I'm a phone call away."

I thanked her as Oliver came back it, slipping the jacket over my arms. I tugged my shoes on, before slipping my hand into his, and he tugged me out of the house.

Oliver let me pick the song this time which didn't happen that much. I popped in an Adele CD, letting her comforting, soft voice fill the little car. I pulled my thin cardigan up above my jacket, using a little piece as a pillow. Oliver's hand was drawing tiny circles onto it, him even singing along with the woman.

"Goodnight, Noxy," Oliver whispered, as I leaned on him instead of my shoulder. Much more comfortable.

"Night," I mumbled back, before sleep came over me.

&&

The weirdest thing ever is to wake up, and your clothes are still on.

I remember I had I a scary dream, and I needed Oliver. I found myself in my bed, my shoes, jacket, and cardigan off of my body. I looked to my left, hoping to meet the little boy. He wasn't there, and it was the middle of the night.

I got up, finding that this was going to be the only chance tonight that I was going to get to change. I flung on some sweatpants, before pulling the door open. The kitchen light was on, but no Oliver.

I searched around until I found him out on the deck. He was sitting there on the floor, up against the wall, the smell of a cigarette, but no cigarette, and a book in his lap. I opened the door. He looked up at me, before worried crossed his face. He patted the spot next to him, and rapped the blanket he was using as a pillow for his back around me. I cuddled up next to him, listening to the crickets sing.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his words muffled by my hair.

"I had a nightmare." He sighed. I think he thought it was something more.

"What was it about?" I told him about it, and saying it out loud, it sounded stupid, but Oliver listened.

I didn't know what I was going to do without him. I've grown so used to him, always by my side, there whenever I needed him. Maybe I really should take time off, and be with him for a bit. I had roughly two weeks on vacation time, and almost three weeks in sick leave. I could make it for a bit. But it was almost a month and a half without him.

I decided I was going to talk to Molly sometime at work within the next week, listen to what she's got to say. She'd help.

Maybe...
♠ ♠ ♠
This ones little. Sorry...
Don't be quiet. Tell me whatcha think?