Status: Completed!

Just So You Know

A little more us

Josie’s POV

I was blacked out for a moment that night. I could only felt the warmth of Eric’s breath on my skin but wasn’t strong enough to open my eyes. I looked weak, I knew. I was too weak to be with Eric Jones the whole night.

I woke up in a room where it was all white and covered in blanket. I snuggled into the blanket and was scared to found out where I was lying. It was until I saw Wes walking into the room with a cup of coffee and some fresh fruits.

“Feel better, sist?” I heard his voice, cracking the awkward silence.
“Why am I even here?” I asked in just the same cracked voice.

Wes looked at me, giggling all his way to my bedside, didn’t speak any words just yet. He took a chair and sat on as he rubs my hair and smiled.

“Eric was scared as hell when you started losing your consciousness. That kid know how to freaked me out, a little.” Wes said as I knew my face turned red.
“I’m sorry for being you guys’ pain in the ass. I thought tour was going to be easy..” I looked up to ceiling, started to wander around as Wes just flick his finger in front of my face.

Wes and I talked about so many things that we even lost the track of our conversation. He then looked deep into my eyes and stay shut anyways.

“You look confused, what happened?” I asked as he looked down to his toes.
“When you were unconscious, I could see the worry on his eyes, Jo. I have never seen Eric that worried, not even about his previous girl.” Wes said.
“Are you telling me to go on with him?” I giggled as Wes nodded. “Well, didn’t I say yes to his confession?” I answered in a bit of annoying tone. “Did I just annoy you?” Added me, laughing my ass off and Wes rolled his eyes, telling me the obvious of his answer.

We were still talking when the nurse came into the room and brought me some meals I never ever did like. Well, a bowl of porridge was fine, but once it got to my tongue, I couldn’t taste anything. Everything was plain for me to eat and it cost me lost the appetite.

Wes was doing his best to make me open my mouth again to what he was holding but I refused. Well, I refused until Eric then walked into the room. he looked extremely tired and has this huge panda eyes. I felt bad seeing him in that kind of condition, but it was his job.

“You look tired, you must be up all night making sure if I was still breathing, huh?” I said as he sat next to me.
“I only look tired, I'm perfectly healthy, Jo.” Eric answered as he rub my hair and took the bowl off Wes’ hand. “Somebody needs to finish her lunch..” He added.

Wes then left me and Eric all alone inside the room, and we spent the last few hours talking about nothing. He pulled off some real funny jokes and I laughed at them all, and so did he, laughing to everything I cracked on.

“Kennedy called me earlier, he said he wanted to be here but he couldn’t.” Eric said as he fed me the last spoon of my porridge.
“Why cant he be here?” I asked in curious and Eric went silent for a while, reaching his phone in his jeans.
“The Maine was offered to play an acoustic set in an orphanage. And John was willing to did it for free, and so Kennedy and the rest went there.”

For a moment I heard what Eric was explaining, I smiled so wide and started to think to come over them.

“But you can’t be right where they are, I understand about you wanting to play with children….” Eric said as I cut in.
“But I am still so weak that I cannot go there.” I said sarcastically as Eric nodded and gave me a peck.

I stayed at the hospital for one night, lucky me the gig wasn’t due until one more night, and when it was about 8 pm, Kennedy came over with John, Maggie, and a little boy who I assumed to be Jamie. And yes I was right. John lift him up and take him by the side of my bed, letting little Jamie sitting on Eric’s lap, which I found was uber cute.

Eric was a little stiff when Jamie sat on him at first, but as the seconds went by, Eric cooled off and was so close to Jamie. I wanted to give that little boy a kiss but Kennedy stopped me, he was worried if Jamie might get sick afterward. It was 10 pm and Jamie couldn’t stop crying, telling us how he was tired and needed to sleep. John gently took him off Eric’s lap and went off from the hospital as Eric closed the door and shut the light, snuggling up onto my blanket and started wandering around.

“I’ve never been that close to a boy.” He said as he pulled me into his arms. “Do you think I was good enough to be a dad?” He giggled as did I.
“If you’re the father of a boy, I wonder how the mother would feel.” I said, trying to smirk off.
“Oh, don’t worry, you will be glad about having a kid with me.” He said as he kissed me and realized what he said earlier.
“Why do you pick me? there are plenty of other girls out there, the better, prettier, and nicer than me.”
“Well, just because, you’re so close to what perfect is for me.” We kept silence for a while then, but he grabbed my hand and kissed it. “And I didn’t mean to be all cheesy, but well, I just wanted to have you around me, that’s all.” He added as he shut his eyes and we both fell asleep on each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Is it a little too cheesy or something? :/