Status: Completed!

Just So You Know

Heart Heart Heartbreak

Josie’s POV

A week had passed by since our little fight that early morning. It had also been a week I haven’t tried to contact him. I kept myself busy preparing Vany’s wedding. I was walking with Vany to the bridal boutique where Vany dropped her gown’s design.

“It will take about three weeks until your gown finished.” The store’s manager said as Vany took off.

We both went to check on the catering, which was pretty exciting because I get to taste all the kind of foods Vany wanted to bring to the ceremony. Keeping myself busy was always a good way to escape my horrible life.

I tasted some of the pasta which I thought killed it, meanwhile Vany was checking through the beverages list when her phone suddenly rang and she took the call with a wide smile, which I kind of envy. I didn’t know what rushed into my system to think about checking my phone, wishing Eric texted me.

I knew he was busy on the road, but the fact that we only spoke for five minutes four days ago was actually killing me. I don’t want to play the cold role, but I did it anyways. I took the role of the ice queen, you may say. But every cells of my systems wanted me just to phone him, asking if he was fine.

Heck, I wanted to hop on their van and tell them I miss them. It was just, I was being a coward. I looked over Vany’s direction, and her face was filled by happiness. As if she was blooming flower in the garden. It was always nice seeing my girls smile wide because of their boys.

I decided to encourage myself and text him. As I was being too focused on the phone screen, I didn’t realize that Vany was about to leave until she had to tap my shoulder.

“We’re leaving now, Josie.” She said calmly as I blushed because I realized my stupidity.
“Everything settled?” I asked as we buckled up the seatbelts.
“Yep, earlier when Garrett called, he said that David suggested me which menus I should pick, and Garrett said he loved the foods, so I think it would be great to pick it.”

I went over my head for a little while when I heard David suggested it. I mean, that did mean that David took time to talk to Garrett, right? I was still over my mind when I realized Eric had not tried one thing to get to me.

I started the car’s engine and made our way home, and as I turned the radio, a song by boys like girls was playing. And it got into my nerves automatically.

You said we'd stick it out through the think and thin
Woah yeah...
But when the walls came down you wouldn't let me in
Woah oh oh yeah...
We've been through it all,
My back's against the wall,
It's crashing down on me tonight.

And we're headed for a heart heart heartbreak,
and I don't ever ever wanna hear you say.
Don't say you love me, don't even,
don't say you love me, you're leaving.


“You do know this doesn’t have to be your theme song, right?” Vany asked in a concern tone.
“What do you mean, V?” I asked, playing stupid.
“We all know how shatter you are right now. All the things you do when you’re with us is just a getaway.”

I took a silent moment before pulling the car off to the roadside. I took a very deep sigh and looked onto Vany’s eyes before started to tear up. A shed of tear came down slid my cheek and I couldn’t hold it in anymore longer.

“He hasn’t called for days now, and I haven’t had the courage to text him first.” I cried my eye balls out.
“He never had the courage to listen to your voice. Especially, after that little fight.”
“He feared me now? How mature!” The sadness suddenly turn into rage as Vany tried to calm me down.
“No… the only thing he can’t bear is if he listened to you crying.”

I resist to believe in what I heard as I just carry on the ride home. Vany’s then receive a call and she smiled wide, the only thing I could thought about was how sweet Garrett was being. But I was wrong. It wasn’t Garrett when she put the phone on speaker, I heard a very familiar voice I miss.

“How is she doing?” Eric said as I heard the crowd as the backsound.
“Well, she gave me a company to finish some of the final preparation. She’s been very helpful around.” Vany answered as I kept on driving, trying to hold back my tears.
“I totally wish I was there. I miss her so much. And the tour van without her sucks. The only thing I listen to is Wes trying to be our daddy.” He whines as I just smiled.
“If you could, what would you tell her right now?”
“I would be home in no time, I just want to tell her that everything will work out.” Eric sighed. “I had to go now, Vany. It’s our turn to play! Wish us luck!” He said quickly as he hung up.

Vany looked over my direction as I kept on driving. I tried to focused my mind and couldn’t wait to get home, because the only thing I wanted to do that time was texting him, telling him I miss him just as much.

Once I got Vany home, she told me to joined her first for dinner. Nurin was already inside the house, just done with the wedding souvenir, and Daneel and Maggie was up in the kitchen, cooking us some delicious dish.

“How’s the gown?” Garrett said as he entered the house with the rest of The Maine members.
“The gown will finish in three weeks, and I had told them about my baby bump, so they said they will take care for it. I am so excited for it, Garry!” Vany said as she kissed Garrett.

I chose to avoid to happy couples due to my-oh-so-sensitive-mood, and I went to where Jamie was. Baby Jamie had always been my escape whenever the happy couples spend their time downstairs. As cliché as it sounds, I’d rather babysit him instead of joined the grown ups.

Jamie wanted me to read him a book as I grab Jamie’s favorite book inside the backpack Maggie always carried. As Jamie started to yawn, I realized he hadn’t taken his dinner, so I stopped. He cried at first, but I just had to carry him downstairs to get him stop crying.

“Disturbing Aunt Josie again, Jamie?” John said as he took him from me.
“Nah, he wanted me to read him a story but I remember he hadn’t taken his dinner, so I got him up. And take him downstairs…”
“Thanks Jo. What would we do without you?” John said as he strokes my hair and put it into mess.
“I’m hungry.” I grinned as Maggie served the dinner on the table and we had our little dinner.

Everyone looked happy there, even me. People laughed at every single joke I cracked, and I knew it was going to be a good night. As we finished the dinner, Kennedy took me home and I went to my room, starring at my phone, struggling whether to text or not, which I decided not to.

I almost lose my faith in us, but he just had to show me he still do care by texting me before I went to bed. I was still being stubborn by not replying, but I did sleep with a huge smile on my face.