Status: Completed!

Just So You Know

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

I was in the balcony with Jamie when the sunset started. He looked amazed by the view he saw and he just cling onto me as he buried his face on my chest, then he began to yawn.

“Jamie is sleepy.” I giggled as he nodded slowly.

His eye lid slowly closed and I realized I had to feed him before he went to bed. All of sudden, there were two birds flying around me and Jamie, and it kept him awake. The birds chirp all the time and Jamie found it fun to play with. After spending around ten minutes playing with the birds, they decided to fly away.

“Can I pet a bird, Aunt Josie?” Jamie asked in a low tone.
“That’s a question you should ask your mom and dad.” I said as Vany walked toward us.
“I’ve prepared some dinner, and the other will be home in fifteen minutes. I take it we can go downstairs?” Vany asked as Jamie looked up to her.
“You want to hold him for a while? I think my arms are numb.” I said as Vany took Jamie off my hand and Jamie gladly clings over Vany.

Seeing Jamie smile was the cutest thing I could ever see. I know things were definitely screw up before I knew he existed, I felt like a toy that John owned, but right now, seeing John and Maggie together taking care of Jamie, that was probably the best thing I have witnessed. I took a little longer time in the balcony, just to admire the beautiful view I had from Vany’s balcony when suddenly I got a phone call from Eric.

“The sunset is very beautiful here.” Eric said.

“Eric?” I slowly said. “I also stare at the sunset. Earlier, I was with Jamie.” I added.

“You do love that boy, huh?”

“He’s amazing.”

“You’ll make a good mother.”

“No. The last time I had this kind of conversation, that guy was drunk.”

“I’m hundred percent sober, Jo. Don’t worry.”

“Eric, I got to go, people are coming and dinner time is here. You eat good, you hear me?”

“Yes ma’am!” Eric said as I heard David shouted behind him. “Well, you heard him, the baby wants to talk his momma.” Eric added as I held the phone.

“Josie! We miss you back here! You should just come here. Or no, we should come to you. I mean, we’re only 8 hours away from where you are anyways.”

“I miss you too, David. And well, I really have to go, the dinner is served.” I said as I hang up and ran all the way downstairs.

After the dinner, I finally made my way back home. Just when I reached my bed, I practically curled up into my blanket and put on my iPod. Some classic rock tunes was on and I could only smile remembering what happened on the day. I fell asleep in no time and wishing Eric would keep his promise.

**************************************************************

“It’s 7 am on the 26th, and we only have hmm, let’s say, 15 more days until the wedding.” A voice slowly said as I felt a hand rubbing my cheek.
“Eric?” I whispered because I don’t want to put my hopes up too high.
“Would you even turn to me?” He whispered back as I turned my body around and indeed found a guy with glasses, a guy I miss.

Quickly with no further thoughts, I jumped onto him, giving him the biggest warm hug and pulled him to the dining table for breakfast. On the table, my mom had already served a few extra plates and I realized that it wasn’t just Eric inside my house.

“Where are the others?” I excitedly asked.
“The guest’s room. I mean, where else would they be?” Eric answered as I ran all the way to the guest’s room and found everyone I toured with, minus Brian.

I snuggled in between them as Cameron realized my presence and woke Wes up. They tried to wake David but he threw some pillows instead of waking up. It’s definitely understandable for David to act the way he did. I mean, come on. He’s David James Pavluk. We waste no more time, trying to get him up for breakfast, so we just set aside some of the foods for him if he wants some.

“How was tour?” My mom asked as my Dad joined us.
“Everything was good, Mrs. Brock. Minus how screwed up Eric was, we were good.” Wes answered as Eric just buried his face in shame.
“Let’s just not talk about it, I'm pretty sure everyone been on his position. How about you, Wes, you found a girl worth dating for?” Dad said as Wes chocked on his orange juice.
“Oh, Dad… Vany’s cousin, aka Daneel, she captured his heart, okay? She’s a keeper, he said!” I said, teasing Wes as his face turned red.

It was just a simple breakfast talk when suddenly I heard David yelling everyone’s name one by one as my mom just laughed.

“Oh, I’ll get him here.” My mom said as we all laughed.

It’s always funny when David acted up like baby, and he always though I was the mother of the group. And now, he would found himself a true mom.

“Way to leave me alone, guys.” David pouted as he walked toward the table followed by my mom.
“Hey, you didn’t wake up when we stroke your body hard.” Cameron defended himself.
“I didn’t?” David asked in shame.
“Nope. Not at all. You threw pillows at us!” Wes said as David’s eyes widened.
“So, breakfast or not?” I said as David excitedly nodded and pull a chair for him to sit.

We packed our empty stomach with good foods from my mom as then Garrett called in telling me to come to his place because he needed to make sure of something. I excitedly cleaned myself up and went straight to their place as everyone I knew was in there.

“We kind of have to fit the bride’s maid.” Garrett grinned as he lined me, Rya, Nurin, Daneel, and Maggie up.
“Wait, what? I’m a bride’s maid?” I dropped my jaw and Vany grinned.

The rest of the day went well, as it was just another preparation kind of day. Eric and I went to the room decorator who supposed to decorate the mansion for the wedding, and we indeed had more fun than we thought we would. Instead of focusing on the design that Garrett and Vany wanted, we look through some designs and thought it would be cute if our marriage place get designed as this.

“You two sure don’t know what you wanted, because you look a little shaky in which designs you’d like to take for your own wedding.” Said the guy we work with.
“No! We are not getting married, yet. This design is actually for our friends’ wedding. We’re just here because they couldn’t be here. But it’s sure that we’d like to have the first design up. Can you do that?”
“Easily. We’ll definitely work on your design three days before the party started. It’s nice catching up with you.”
“Pleasure.” Eric shook the guy’s hand as we drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter to go before it finished :)