Status: Completed!

Just So You Know

The moment

Ever since that kiss on my cheek that night, I was never been able to keep his glasses off my mind. I couldn’t even just think straight about one thing. It was obvious he has taken over my mind-and heart- but somehow I just couldn’t show him that I had this obvious feeling for him. I was just a little too selfish to admit that, even to myself.

A week went by and the next thing I knew was I have my cousin coming over to Wes’ door, offering some help with the packing. The first thing I did when I saw Kennedy was jumping straight onto him, without even care who were the other four men behind him. Kennedy had been off to tour for almost 3 months, and I realized how much I missed him.

“I miss you so bad, Ken!” I gave him a real tight hug.
“You’d be so dead if you don’t think I do!” Kenny hugged me back with all the warmth. “Anyways, I have my pals right here.” He added as he pointed those other four.
“Hi Josie, I'm Pat!” Said the guy with the nicest hair.
“I’m Jared, it’s really nice to meet you here, Jo.” The chubby one said.
“I’m Garrett! It is such an honor, Jo.” Said this really cute guy.
“Hey, I'm John.” Said the tall guy with tattoo on his chest as I shook their hands one by one.
“How do you know my name?” I asked in amazed as they all pointed Kennedy.

I let the five of them came into the house and called up Wes to get downstairs, Wes didn’t seem so surprise when he saw the whole band of The Maine was chilling on his living room, turned out, Kennedy had told Wes about their arrival days before that.

After a short reunion of me and Kennedy, I was back to my room packing all the stuff I need into one back pack. I was thinking to bring a clutch bag, but then I knew it would be called space wasting. I was done with all my belongings and was ready to take off to the road, but then I remember I wouldn’t be on the road until the next dawn. It has been said that The Downtown Fiction should be hitting the road around 3 am. Not like it was hard, the hardest thing was to wake David up.

The Maine was one of the line ups of the tour besides Boys like girls, and Stereo Skyline.
And they were a pretty huge band then, they’ve had themselves a tour bus plus a driver and the other crew. Later on that evening, right after we finished our dinner, John got a phone call from their manager, telling him that the bus was ready to pick them up.

Unlike the other four member of The Maine who was whining a little, John was so up and excited for the bus. As if he didn’t enjoy on one single second he spent on Wes’. That arrogant kid. 15 minutes after the phone call, the bus did arrive and the whole band left me to Wes.

“Sorry if we made a total mess on your house, I owe you a party on our bus.” Garrett said as Wes and I laughed it off.
“I’m just glad you’re going to be a part of this tour, I am so going to get you the best things.” Kennedy said as he went off to the bus.

Surprisingly, John was the last one to left, and before he bumped into the bus, he walked back to me and slipped something to my hand. It was a really small piece of paper and on the paper with his hand writing. It’s written there:

“I might not talk much, but I sure did have an amazing time listening to Kennedy’s stories about you.”

Reading John’s handwriting made me smile, I wasn’t sure if it was because the sweetness on the note itself or was it because of Kennedy’s or even John’s own sweetness. Wes took the paper off my hand and read it closely before he started stroking my hair. There was something in his smile that didn’t seem to agree with me being too close with John.

“I know that smile, Wes. You don’t like John very much.” I said as he went away without answering my line.
“I like him a lot. I just don’t trust him, Josie. I don’t want to see you get hurt.” Wes said in a calm tone, yet serious.

It was only 9 pm but the house was ‘dead’. It is a bit unusual, since Wes’ house is the place where the band hangs out. I rolled my body over and over again on the bed for at least 15 minutes. I put on my music player and had a song by The Foreigner on. I didn’t know why I was feeling so cold that moment, like a part of me was missing somewhere. As if I wasn’t even used to the silence, while back home, I was always left in silent.

I was listening to The Foreigner’s cold as ice when I felt my phone vibrates on my side bed desk. It was a phone call from Cameron, asking if maybe the boys could come over for the night, I excitedly answer they could. And within 2 minutes, the doorbell was rang and I ran straight downstairs, how happy was I to opened the door and found Brian, Cameron, David, and Eric were standing with their own stuff.

“Wes had already fallen asleep, I guess. So I think you all can sleep whether in my room, or in the living room.” I said offering them a place to sleep.
“Seriously, Jo, I am so going to…” Cameron excitedly said as I saw Eric stepping on his foot.
“We’d rather sleep in the living room.” Eric smiled as he gave Cameron this death glance.
“I don’t mind sharing my room, Eric. It’s fine if Cameron wants to sleep in my room, I do have a queen-size bed and a pretty comfy couch.”
“But that would be rude. No more arguing on this, please.” Eric cut off the conversation and Cameron just went on with what his band mate told him.

I helped the boys changed the living room into a pretty comfy room, if Eric let me, I’d rather sleep in the living room with them, since they have this one huge sack of snack and their own equipments. Too bad Eric wouldn’t let me sleep along with them. I once again amazed on how Eric really respects me as a girl. He wouldn’t even let Cameron mock me.

Later that night, I left the boys on the living room and I had already found both David and Eric shrug off their blankets and went to a really deep sleep, while Cameron and Brian were still talking over some plan for their tour. I walked upstairs and re-check all my stuff on the back pack and purse. After I made sure everything was there, I put on my iPod shuffle and it played a song by Mayday Parade called “Kids in love” and I was pretty sure I went to sleep with the song.

The next thing I remember from my sleep was, Eric stroking my hair gently, trying to wake me up. Turned out I only had around 5 hours of sleep. It was 3 am, and the band was ready to go, everyone but the bassist. Wes had predicted that they might have to carry David to the van if he didn’t want to wake up, and as he predicted, everything happened.

The first person on the wheel was Wes, all the person in the van was so pumped by the trip, me included. Well, David missed the euphoria though, he really was a deep sleeper. It was around 7 am and we were in the middle of nowhere, I thought we were lost, but Brian was sure we were on the right track. David finally woke up and joined us all in hunger. Good thing I remember packing some extra meals for emergency. So we just stopped by and had our breakfast in the road side when Brian took his phone and had several text messages from the tour agency, asking where we were.

The rest of the trip was fine, I guess. I was sitting in the backside of the van with Eric, and I was pretty sure I fell asleep on his shoulder, but nobody wants to tell me the details, so I took it fine. We reached the venue at 1 pm and the band was all starting their gears. They put on their very own music instruments while Brian and I went to the hotel to set things up for TDF. Turned out, I met the other band members that I was supposed to meet. They all looked pretty tired, but I couldn’t find Kennedy on The Maine’s members. There were only four of them. But I was kind of surprise to had John walking my direction with smile…
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the lack of my grammar, I'm not quiet good with it, I know.
But thanks for reading!
-Amelia